Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Westworld

Zutto zutto zutto zutto Makenzye's Avatar
    Couldn't catch the last two episodes but someone spoiled it for me. I honestly thought the showrunners weren't going down the most obvious route and instead we're aiming for the red herrings.

just like the Arnold/Bernard reveal I think seeing the execution of those reveals is important, having that spoiled for you would have been dissapointing too I bet

with all that we guessed right, we also had a couple of surprises, like the reveal that all of Ford's actions were actually in favor of hosts despite all evidence showing otherwise (this certainly wasn't obvious, not to me at least), or what it truly means to ''solve'' the maze -- despite our speculations we didn't come close

all things considered, to the common tv viewer those revelations probably weren't too obvious because unlike us they probably didn't spend their time breaking down or picking up on every little hints and details from the show

Zutto zutto zutto zutto Makenzye's Avatar
    The weird part was we figured Bernard was Arnold and the Billy/William connection, so I was super shocked that's how it turned out.

I didn't see Ford working toward freeing or bettering the hosts, especially with all the backdoor manipulation she had going on, though I figured he was going to have them revolt and take Westworld for his/their own.

But I think most fans of this are like GoT fans where they're looking over every detail to try and figure out the mystery ahead of time. I actually think the team was depending on it so they could just lay the obvious in front of us and let us make the mystery for them. I have to say it's a more powerful reveal because at least I was thinking these were false clues.

the one reveal that fell flat for me was the Man in Black/William, this theory was so beaten to death that by the time it came true it just didn't feel special anymore (might have to do with how it was delivered), although it didn't take away from the fact that I like TMIB

anyways, I guess we can have a more in-depth look on our overall impressions of the show and where it might be headed after you watch the last two eps

Man, no new season until 2018. That's a bummer.

But, still, this was overall such an amazing series it could end right here and I'd be happy. I have no clue how they're gonna do four more seasons.

"Don't count the days, make the days count"

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, no new season until 2018. That's a bummer.

But, still, this was overall such an amazing series it could end right here and I'd be happy. I have no clue how they're gonna do four more seasons.
    yea man, the season felt very self-contained, most other shows would leave you hanging for multiple seasons before revealing any major twist, they were able to make the revealing process enganging too

I'm excited to see what kind of ramifications the finale will have, kinda gives them an open canvas to exploit for the next season

speaking of, is there anything you want out of next season, a question(s) you eagerly want them to answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    yea man, the season felt very self-contained, most other shows would leave you hanging for multiple seasons before revealing any major twist, they were able to make the revealing process enganging too

I'm excited to see what kind of ramifications the finale will have, kinda gives them an open canvas to exploit for the next season

speaking of, is there anything you want out of next season, a question(s) you eagerly want them to answer?
    I want to know if there's a virtual version of Arnold in all the hosts.

How about you?

I want to know if there's a virtual version of Arnold in all the hosts.

How about you?
    that's an interesting question, it has to be right? the final step to unlock their consciousness seems to involve them being aware that the voices in their head is not Arnold but themselves

then again Maeve took a different route to solve her maze

we saw her mention Arnold a lot, so maybe she also had ''encounters'' with Arnold similar to those Dolores had inside her mind but producers emphisized Dolores' because of her special relationship with Arnold?

I want to know how far apart each of the parks are from one another, Hosts across all parks seem to be repaired in the same location but with the reveal of Samurai World in the finale it opens some logistic issues, considering how drastically different the western climate is from Japan's -- this is assuming they also replicated the edo period with nigh perfection to provide their Guests a faithfull experience

eh, just interested in the machinations of it all
    Last edited by Ozymandias; 12-14-2016 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    that's an interesting question, it has to be right? the final step to unlock their consciousness seems to involve them being aware that the voices in their head is not Arnold but themselves

then again Maeve took a different route to solve her maze

we saw her mention Arnold a lot, so maybe she also had ''encounters'' with Arnold similar to those Dolores had inside her mind but producers emphisized Dolores' because of her special relationship with Arnold?

I want to know how far apart each of the parks are from one another, Hosts across all parks seem to be repaired in the same location but with the reveal of Samurai World in the finale it opens some logistic issues, considering how drastically different the western climate is from Japan's -- this is assuming they also replicated the edo period with nigh perfection to provide their Guests a faithfull experience

eh, just interested in the machinations of it all
    Yeah, if Arnold (and maybe Ford) is still a part of the hosts that would be really interesting. So many possibilities.

I doubt the parks are too far from one another.

Yeah, if Arnold (and maybe Ford) is still a part of the hosts that would be really interesting. So many possibilities.

I doubt the parks are too far from one another.
    true, they would have to go through a lot of trouble just to ship Hosts across their parks after their daily repairs/maintainance, and now that I think about it the fact that Hosts who were placed in cold storage made their way up to where Ford was presenting his final narrative so fast kinda points to towards that direction too

maybe they're using some kind of contained terraforming device or something

about to start this show.. xD

Quote Originally Posted by bolid View Post
    about to start this show.. xD
    oh~ we got ourselves a new Guest, welcome to Westworld

how I envy you, I wish I could relive all these episodes for the first time

Mfw Crispy/Allara posts The Bald Headed Negro's Avatar
    Gonna give this a watch