Page 3 of 172 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Bleach was stupid. Yeah.

Perfect Susanosafone was impressive but Sasuke continues to remind us why he's such a terrible character and unlikable prick. Why Naruto obsesses over him and puts him above every other person in his village and every other village is beyond sane reasoning.

One Piece was fun but it felt a little off.

I think Toriko just might take it this week so I await it eagerly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One Piece easily takes the cake so far. Like usual Toriko is the only series that might beat One Piece.

I've noticed you're pretty hard to impress lol.
    one piece is good but its gotten too predictable, oda barely changes the general outline of his series. luffy being an idiot and rushing is nothing new, the jokes start to get stale etc. etc.

reading it on a weekly basis is even worse.

naruto and bleach were more exciting to read, just because you never know what exactly will happen (except it has something to do with uchiha)

Being unpredictable was never really a part of One Piece anyway.

the thing is that the first arcs were good because they were... well new and fresh.

its getting a bit old and has a rehashed feel to it.

Are we limited just to the Quad or can we use other mangas

every chapter possible

Quote Originally Posted by Firefist View Post
    the thing is that the first arcs were good because they were... well new and fresh.

its getting a bit old and has a rehashed feel to it.
    I honestly have no clue what you're talking about. Seems just as fresh to me as it's always been.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMeteor View Post
    Are we limited just to the Quad or can we use other mangas
    Any manga.

I honestly have no clue what you're talking about. Seems just as fresh to me as it's always been.

Any manga.
    since when are you following one piece?

A little over 7 years now.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about OP. I haven't been excited for a chapter since Impel Down.

I'd say without their captains the Whitebeards would be slightly stronger than the Red-Hairs and with their captains they'd be significantly stronger.
    It's pretty obvious no Emperor was a real threat to Whitebeard. He just had too much power and influence.
    Raigou apparently can't even destroy an island, which Whitebeard can do easily.
    Obviously it was because of Whitebeard, but the crew even without the captain is still highly exceptional. If you take away the captains, the Whitebeard's would beat any Emperor crew decisively.
    Vista can fight Whitebeard,

and you still think its fresh?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefist View Post
    and you still think its fresh?
    Not really, but I've been reading OP for 11 years so...

I'd say without their captains the Whitebeards would be slightly stronger than the Red-Hairs and with their captains they'd be significantly stronger.
    It's pretty obvious no Emperor was a real threat to Whitebeard. He just had too much power and influence.
    Raigou apparently can't even destroy an island, which Whitebeard can do easily.
    Obviously it was because of Whitebeard, but the crew even without the captain is still highly exceptional. If you take away the captains, the Whitebeard's would beat any Emperor crew decisively.
    Vista can fight Whitebeard,

One Piece has never been about being "fresh." Oda's strength has never been being doing the unexpected, it's always been doing the expected well. Once in a while we get things that are unexpected but all in all One Piece has never been about that.

Only time I felt "meh" about One Piece is near the end of Fishman Island to the start of Punk Hazard.

pimps reading a series that barely uses surprising elements on a weekly basis isnt fun.

sure reading this arc in one go once its finished is super great.

but till then.

I'm curious. You find Naruto and Bleach more exciting than One Piece?

For you. Which is why I said you're hard to impress.

One Piece has always been about the delivery, not about the unexpected. That's what makes it good. I mean the main character is as generic as you can get for a shounen. If anything, the flaw with many series if they try to play the surprise card way too much. The unexpected is usually unexpected because it treads very close to the point of no return. Look at Toriko for example. Latest chapter had people wondering whether or not Toriko will actually be able to fight Chiyo which, if it happens, could potentially ruin the series.

He finds them less predictable.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Just 2 chapters ago, we were going gaga at how awesome that chapter was. A couple normal chapters doesn't mean OP has lost it.

not really. but with those two you kinda have the always ongoing suspense and curiosity going on.

For you. Which is why I said you're hard to impress.

One Piece has always been about the delivery, not about the unexpected. That's what makes it good. I mean the main character is as generic as you can get for a shounen. If anything, the flaw with many series if they try to play the surprise card way too much. The unexpected is usually unexpected because it treads very close to the point of no return. Look at Toriko for example. Latest chapter had people wondering whether or not Toriko will actually be able to fight Chiyo which, if it happens, could potentially ruin the series.
    yes and when does the delivery happen? at the end of each arc. the first part and the following build up is always slow and dull.