Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Robert Baratheon Vs Gregor Clegane

Both prime versions since Robert in the series is a fat fuck. Battle to the DEATH!

Red Hero Rax, The Jurassic Hero's Avatar
    Is this Zombie mountain?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax, The Apex Hero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this Zombie mountain?
    Read the OP, Rax. Not zombie.

Red Hero Rax, The Jurassic Hero's Avatar
    Then I lost interest

Eh, this one could really go eitherway, but I'm favoring Glegane due to his heavy armor and his size.

Very hard to call. Based on Eddards description of him, Robert is likely the faster and more skilled of the two, while Gregor holds the advantages in size, strength and reach. Warhammers are specialized for countering armor and a few direct hits will be enough to put Gregor down, but due to his strength and reach advantage he'll likely come out on top of a head on exchange, and similarly it wont take many hits to end the fight on his part. Ultimately, while Robert might have it in him to pull off a win if he can tire Gregor out and capitalize on an opening, id favour Gregor more often than not, as any time their blades connect he'll have the advantage in leverage and strength, and can use this to overpower and stagger his opponent.

Seems like a bad match-up for Robert. We don't know much about his prime, but I assume he was more about strength than speed since he used a warhammer, and there's no way he was ever stronger than Gregor is. I think you have to be fairly quick to maneuver around Gregor and find an opening, and I can't imagine Robert being nimble enough to do so.

The Mountain may physically be stronger than Robert, but I doubt the gap between them is that large. If you consider how Robert in his prime was described he seemed pretty terrifying. He also should have the speed and skill advantage on his side. Robert should take this imo especially since his warhammer should be devastating against Cleganes longsword.

Rob more often than not.
    <a href=http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic689_5.gif target=_blank>http://www.millenniumforums.com/sign...igpic689_5.gif</a>

Could go either way. Both were strength monsters but the mountain is probably faster so he might be able to take this.

this is hard to call, worth a good amount of thought

not sure really

i feel like robert would pull through with high diff

Banned
    Yeah, I kind of feel like Robert would win as well. His strength was quite revered and I doubt he would be as slow as Gregor, who I think only has his strength and size going for him.

Gregor is actually neither slow nor unskilled, he's a natural warrior with immense combat experience. Gregor's reach, on account of him fighting with a greatsword as his weapon of choice, will be a problem for Robert. Reach advantage is hard to overcome. Robert might be able land a blow with his hammer but more often than not he'd probably lose.
    Last edited by Coruscation; 08-31-2016 at 05:45 PM.

The Mountain crushes

Robert is the strongest warrior in the history of the seven kingdoms, the man could lift a warhammer casually that Ned couldn't even lift with 2 hands. He would smash Jaime, Arthur Danye, Aemon Targaryen, ect ect

The demon of the trident wins with hard difficulty.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    Robert is the strongest warrior in the history of the seven kingdoms, the man could lift a warhammer casually that Ned couldn't even lift with 2 hands. He would smash Jaime, Arthur Danye, Aemon Targaryen, ect ect

The demon of the trident wins with hard difficulty.
    Jamie sounded pretty confident that he could defeat Robert in combat due to his speed and skill.

Maybe the old and fat Robert but I doubt he could take him in his Prime

Yeah I admit that can go either way, those two along with Arthur Danye and Barriston the Bold were the 4 top tiers during Robert's Rebellion.

@X;

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    Yeah I admit that can go either way, those two along with Arthur Danye and Barriston the Bold were the 4 top tiers during Robert's Rebellion.

@X;
    I wonder when Jamie got so good, though. I don't know if he was top tier when he was fifteen, but I guess George said that he is one of the best fighters in the history of the Seven Kingdoms so maybe he was.

Think he also fought the Smiling Knight at age 15 as well, and he was described as the Gregor Clegane of that age, so good job Jaime.

Fighting and fucking his sister are his two only talents.

Loved how when he realized Rob Stark's forces was about to capture, he just rushes at Robb trying to kill him, 3 nobles had to go infront of Robb just to save him from Jaime's wrath, and Jaime killed them all.

Badass.