Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcusx8 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will never understand why people keep putting YTW in the mix. YTW is a ally not an subordinate of Qin. Besides she can already do what she wants she dont need Sei, SHK or Qin approval.

Qins 6 is Ousen, Shin, Ouhon, Moubu, Mouten and Tou.
    tou after counquering yan retired which happened after zhao so for long term purposes i highly doubt he will be part of the six
    due to this i vouch for kyoukai since its part of her ultimate goals. i think @Tokio; list is more acceptable.
    Last edited by Baragan; 02-14-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcusx8 View Post
    Qins 6 is Ousen, Shin, Ouhon, Moubu, Mouten and Tou.
    That would be my bet too, the 5 guys who contributed the most during the unification wars + Meng Tian who was very famous historically.

Who knows what Hara will do though.

the top 5 strongest armies thread got me thinking

wonder if shin will absorb ou ki/tou's army if tou ever does retire or something

- - - Updated - - -

he's really being set up to have the strongest army we've seen in the series
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

They may be situational members, like Shin being under Ouhon right now, but the commanders will become independent generals imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    They may be situational members, like Shin being under Ouhon right now, but the commanders will become independent generals imo.
    Shin being under Ousen, you mean?

I wonder who'll be chief of military affairs after Chu.

probably ten, tbh

or mou ki
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    probably ten, tbh

or mou ki
    How much weed you take?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
    Shin being under Ousen, you mean?

I wonder who'll be chief of military affairs after Chu.
    Yeah.
    I would guess Mouki.

Thinking about RSJ's hype this arc, Hara has so much potential to big up Shibasaku

Name Japanese/Chinese: 司马错
    Japanese Pronunciation: ShiBa Saku
    Chinese Pronunciation: Sima Cuo

Activities in history:

He is probably most well known for his debate with Zhang Yi during King HuiWen of Qin’s reign, on whether to attack the weaker states of Ba and Shu, south of Qin, or to invade Han to the east of Qin. There was an entire chapter on this in Intrigues of the Warring States(战国策) on this.

The story:
    During the 9th year of King HuiWen’s reign(316BC), the states of Ba and Shu were in war while the Qin planned to invade the state of Han during the same year. King HuiWen summoned his advisors, Sima Cuo and Zhang Yi and asked them which state should Qin attack. Zhang Yi suggested that Qin should attack the state of Han while Sima Cuo suggested that Qin should attack Ba and Shu. The king then asked them to persuade him with the details and reasons of their suggestions.

Zhang Yi spoke first, suggesting that Qin should form an alliance with Chu and Wei and attack Han with a three-pronged attack. With Wei attacking from the north and Chu attacking from the south, Qin will push from the west and close in on the 2 states of Zhou(located near Han and Qin borders), which houses the now king of the now non-existent Zhou empire. Qin should then threaten the Zhou king(who was once in control of the entire China) to hand over the 9 cauldrons, a symbol of kingship, over to Qin. With the 9 cauldrons and the Zhou king, Qin will have control of the entire China. On the other hand, invading Ba and Shu, lands ruled by the Rongs of the West, is a waste of manpower and money as they will not bring any benefit to Qin.

Sima Cuo then rebutted, saying that in order for a country to prosper, there are 3 factors. First, the country needs to expand its territory. Second, the country need a strong army, which can only be achieved if its people are strong and rich. Thirdly, the ruler needs to build up his reputation. As of now, Qin’s territory is small(as compared to the other states) and the people in Qin are poor. Sima Cuo adviced the king that he should start with a simpler campaign by invading the Ba and Shu region, which was in chaos. By doing so, Qin will acquire a huge piece of land and the vast amount of resources within it(achieving factors 1+2). By invading Ba and Shu, Qin will build up its reputation by bringing peace to the region and not harming its inhabitants(achieving factor 3). On the other hand, by invading Han and threatening the king of Zhou, Han and Zhou will definitely seek help from their neighbouring states of Qi, Zhao, Chu and Wei, forming a strong alliance against Qin. Qin will then be defeated and lose a significant amount of land together with the 9 cauldrons.

After listening to their debate, King HuiWen decided to go with Sima Cuo’s safer option and sent both Sima Cuo and Zhang Yi on a campaign to invade Ba and Shu which was very successful and completed within 10 months. This doubled Qin’s territory and securing the fertile lands of the Ba and Shu region, providing the Qin army with resources for unification in the future.
    Other achievements:

秦武王元年(前310年),因蜀相陈庄叛秦,司马错受命协助平定蜀乱,甘茂诛陈庄。
    First year of King Wu of Qin(310BC), Chen Zhuang, Prime minister of Shu rebelled against Qin. Sima Cuo was tasked to suppress the rebellion.
    秦昭王六年(前301年),蜀侯辉反,司马错平叛,并诛郎中令等27人,平定蜀中。
    6th year of King ZhaoXiang(301BC), Count of Shu rebelled against Qin, Sima Cuo was tasked to suppress the rebellion(again), killing 27 high ranking officials, bringing peace to Shu.
    昭王十六年,司马错担任客卿,受命攻魏,取轵(今河南济原南),攻韩,取邓(今孟县西)。
    16th year of King ZhaoXiang(291BC), Sima Cuo as a mercenary general, was tasked to attack the state of Wei, capturing the castle/region of Zhi. He then attacked the state of Han and captured the castle/region of Deng.
    十八年,司马错与白起等又攻取魏国六十一座城邑。
    18th year(of King ZhaoXiang’s reign), Sima Cuo and Bai Qi captured 61 castles from Wei.
    秦昭王二十七年(前280年),率陇西兵及巴蜀兵十万人,从蜀地沿江而下,攻楚黔中(今湖南西 部及贵州东北 部)(参见>黔中之战),迫楚献出汉北及上庸地(今湖北西北部)于秦,实践了他得蜀即得楚的部 分预言。
    27th year of King ZhaoXiang’s reign(280BC), (Sima Cuo) led soldiers from LongXi and the region of Ba and Shu, travelled along the Yangtze river downstream from the lands of Shu to attack the QianZhong region of Chu, forcing Chu to offer Qin the lands of HanBei and ShangYong in exchange for a truce.
    Source: http://baike.baidu.com/view/48418.htm

> Unified two states on his own
    > Strategic mind worthy of SHK
    > Destroyed Wei and Han
    > Made Chu bend over

Hara has a lot of room for hype

I'm tellin ya he was either defeated by Chousha and his family taken as a prisoner of warfare where Shibashou was born or the latter was a bastard born in a Qin/Zhao war, that Shibasaku never knew about.

Chousha already defeated Koshou in history, don't think Hara would have him beat Shibasaku also. Shibasaku seems to be even older than Hakuki so maybe he was felled by a rising Renpa?
    Last edited by Tenma; 02-18-2018 at 02:24 PM.

ren pa said that he weeped at the news of every one of the six's deaths tho, or something along those lines. implying none of them fell at his hands. doesn't seem like any of them died in battle outside of kyou and ou ki.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    Thinking about RSJ's hype this arc, Hara has so much potential to big up Shibasaku

> Unified two states on his own
    > Strategic mind worthy of SHK
    > Destroyed Wei and Han
    > Made Chu bend over

Hara has a lot of room for hype

I'm tellin ya he was either defeated by Chousha and his family taken as a prisoner of warfare where Shibashou was born or the latter was a bastard born in a Qin/Zhao war, that Shibasaku never knew about.
    Unless he changes his own history, noone will get any hype of attacking Chu. Hakuki was the one that made the most damage to them and nothing was mentioned. We were explicitly told Qin and Chu hadn't been at war for a long time except Oukotsu getting his ass whooped that got shushed up.

Yeah, going by history, Hara can very well made Shibasaku one of the best even among 6GG. The dude was an absolute beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
    Unless he changes his own history, noone will get any hype of attacking Chu. Hakuki was the one that made the most damage to them and nothing was mentioned. We were explicitly told Qin and Chu hadn't been at war for a long time except Oukotsu getting his ass whooped that got shushed up.
    For the last 20-30 odd years....
    King Sho was king for 40 years, so there is a small chance.

But yeah i do agree

I just checked the shiji today for fun,i found this interesting detail:

"Eleventh year (236): Wang Jian, Huan Ji and Yang Duan He attacked Ye and seized nine cities. Wang Jian attacked Eyu and Laoyang. Their forces were all combined into one army, which Wang Jian commanded for eighteen days."

i dont know how hara will interpret this but if it's 18 days of battle at shukai plains,this is probably going to be the longest arc in the manga

this one is pretty good too:

"Nineteenth year (228): Wang Jian and Qiang Hui seized complete control of all the Zhao territory and at Donyang captured the king of Zhao. then they led their troops on in preparation for an attack on the state of Yan, encamping at Zhongshan. The king of Qin journeyed to Handan, where he put to death all the persons who had been enemies of his mother's family when he was growing up in zhao. He then returned to Qin. the Queen Dowager, the mother of the first emperor passed away."
    Last edited by rucky; Today at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rucky View Post
    I just checked the shiji today for fun,i found this interesting detail:

"Eleventh year (236): Wang Jian, Huan Ji and Yang Duan He attacked Ye and seized nine cities. Wang Jian attacked Eyu and Laoyang. Their forces were all combined into one army, which Wang Jian commanded for eighteen days."

i dont know how hara will interpret this but if it's 18 days of battle at shukai plains,this is probably going to be the longest arc in the manga
    I am sure there will be a time skip somewhere. The battle at Kankoku Pass took 15 days before the climax but IIRC day 2 to 14 was skipped almost entirely.