Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    about the nearing battle of Ye, what do you guys think? I've read that qin will take some cities nearby but not ye itself. Furthemore the battle where kanki will lose, battle of fei, should be further ahead, but with this buildup i was thinking that hara could go directly with it while skipping minor battles

Kanki won't lose yet, I think he'll win one indirectly against Riboku then lose directly against Riboku

Banned
    Riboku is a more strategic fighter who wants to save china. He`ll be able to lose at least one round.:dat ass

May i ask when will Houken die (in real life)? Was it during the next campaign? As far i heard (not know) he lost a huge battle (?) and commited suicide under a tree (after getting wounded or not), or something like that

Though i doubt Hara will go this way ... or will he?

Where did you read that? Only thing I got from irl Houken was that he was friends with Gekishin and managed to defeat him in a battle by forging letters or something.

Well in the manga hes called Pang Nuan, which should be Pang Juan in real life, which meets his very end under a tree ...

After confirming thi todays, it was stated that Pang Juan was a Wei general .... so who is actually Hou Ken in history or didnt he exist at all?

Pang Nuan is Pang Nuan lol

he's not Pang Juan

Youre right! So who is Pang Juan acutally (is that the young Wei general from the coaliton war) or what will happen to Pang Nuan in the history? As far ive read he only lead the coalition army, although my chinese is really bad to get more information from chinese pages

Quote Originally Posted by archol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Youre right! So who is Pang Juan acutally (is that the young Wei general from the coaliton war) or what will happen to Pang Nuan in the history? As far ive read he only lead the coalition army, although my chinese is really bad to get more information from chinese pages
    He's from an era before this one

Pang Juan is dead already and Pang Nuan is the general who leads the coalition army in the history

All I know is that Moubu is going to fight and defeat Shouheikun later on. One of the top minds in China who knows Moubu's style inside and out, but not even that will save him from the mace.

Regarding Shins blunder at Chu - who do you think will survive / die from his army (8 lietnants as far ive read?)? I assume "Buckteeth" luck will be used up at that point, do you think Karyo Ten will die there too? i assume everyone from his first unit (Hi-Shin-Unit) will fall there

Buckteeth dying would devastate Shin, so him of course. Probably Kyoukai could die for an extra kick. Denyuu's expiration date could be up as well, though he's a cockroach at this point. En-san's more likely to kick it than Sosui imo.

I hope Ten

just because Shin needs to grow on the knowledge part (even though he's an instinct guy)

I hope we will find more about Rinshoujou(former GH general).He's the one that manged to trick the previous Qin king and had some rivalry with Renpa(he was jealous of the upcoming general),but later they became good friends.
    Favourite OP charcters: Dragon,Benn,Croc,Kuma,Aokiji,Fuji,Zoro,Kid,X Drake,Hawkins,Sanji,Daz Bones,Van Augur

Favourite Kingdom characters: Ouki,Moubu,Mouten,Duke Hyou,Kanki,Kyoukai,Renpa,Riboku,Houken,Karin,Ousen

Favourite One Punch man characters: Saitama,King,Metal Bat,Garou,Silver Fang,Zombieman,Watchdog Man,Atomic Samurai,Homeless Emperor

Favorite Beserk characters:Zodd,Void,Skull Knight,Guts,Grunbeld,Raksas,Locus,Irvine,Mozgus, Griffith/Femto,Ganishka

Other manga/anime favourite characters: Lupin 3rd,Daisuke Jigen,Goemon Ishikawa XIII,Kakashi Hatake,Shikamaru Nara,Jiraiya,Kenpachi Zaraki,Shunsui Kyoraku,Goku,Tien Shinhan,Alucard,Zi Yu,SiWang YenShen,Xuan Feng,Tian Kui,Zhen Chan.

I hope so too, best bromance of the era

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how Hara will pad his accomplishments

Bumping this thread.

Since we are this point in the manga

236bc 11th year(of Zheng's/Sei's rule), Wang Jian (Ousen), Huan Yi(Kanki) and Yang DuanHe(Yotanwa) attacked the region of Ye, capturing 9 castles nearby but not Ye itself. Wang Jian attacked E Yu and Liao Yang, absorbing their armies into his. During the 18th day of the campaign, from within the soldiers who were paid less than 100 "Dan"(a unit used to calculate salary), he chose 2 out of every 10 men to stay, sending the rest home. He then ordered Huan Yi to capture Ye while he attack An Yang.
    This will be of course elevate Shin, Ouhon and Mouten to Generals as Hara makes them play a major role in this war, even though none of them were recorded in the Shiji in this particular part. My guess is without a doubt that Ousen will officially be ranked as a Great General as he was Supreme commander of this campaign. Then he would be the fourth person (since Yotanwa has a title equivalent to great general) to achieve the rank. I think this will be the time Ousen is unmasked and has a conversation with his son who would become General, like in the sketch in the general discussion page

My guess is that Kanki will not achieve it, but he is very close, making the Young Gen serious about fulfilling the two spots or one of the spots. I believe at the ceremony Sei would announce that he would be opening the Great General System, which makes Kanki even more determined to prove himself as he can freely wage war, which would be great for a guy who loves warfare.

In 234 BCE, the Qin forces defeated the Zhao armies at Pingyang (平陽; southeast of present-day Ci County, Hebei province). In the following year, the Qin army led by Huan Yii (桓齮) embarked from Shangdang (上黨) and attacked Zhao from its rear. The Zhao army sustained over 100,000 casualties and its commander, Hu Zhe (扈輒), was killed in action. Huan Yi's force crossed Mount Taihang and conquered the Zhao territories of Chili (赤麗) and Yi'an (宜安), both in southeast of present-day Shijiazhuang, Hebei province.
    This of course will be a huge victory for Kanki, and yet another major win for Qin. I think during this time we will have mini arcs to see how Shin will grow as a general, and politics.

But the Battle of Fei happens

As the bulk of the Qin army had left to attack Fei, the Qin camp was poorly defended so Li Mu seized the opportunity to order his troops to launch an offensive on the Qin camp. The Zhao forces scored a major victory in the ensuing battle and captured several prisoners-of-war and supplies. As Li Mu predicted that Huan Ji would retreat from Fei to save the camp, he ordered his men to lay an ambush on Huan's retreat route. Huan Ji's retreating troops fell into the ambush. Qin sustained over 100,000 casualties in the battle and its army was almost completely wiped out. Huan Ji succeeded in breaking out of the encirclement and he escaped to the Yan state to avoid punishment for his defeat.
    To say this is a massive blow is a complete understatement, but this defeat will be the worst thing to happen to Qin so far in the manga, even worse than losing Ouki, because at least Ouki had his army, but Kanki would nearly all his army (I think that it will be a safe assumption to make) I believe apart from a few commanders maybe Maron or someone. But the likes of Zenou/Saki/Raido and their Clans etc all gone in brutal fashion.

Now I hope this happens, given the way this manga has played out for a few reasons

1. Kanki has always been portrayed as the cruel general with a care-free attitude. He is also a general who loves to take a gamble, and since he hoped that his Zhao would defend Fei, and Rikobu not going for that option would mean that his weakness has been fully exploited.
    2. Kokoyou Arc was a way to fully show off Kanki and his crew. Under him he has quite a dangerous army, so that army would be a blow to Qin.
    3. It's Rikobu's biggest victory against Qin, plus it would be just like the time he defeated the Xiongu

I know that Rikobu stated that he knows Kanki's weakness, and I hope it is used against them in some way which could make Qin close to failing in this arc, but I definitely want Hara to follow history, and have him not defeated quite yet, because it is better off to have defeated in a bigger way, plus you can build his abilities in this current arc.

Given that Kanki is defeated, this will open up a position to become a GG for the young gen, and given how deadly Kanki's defeat will be, they will become more fierce.

Rank 99 Limited Douluo Xuan Lao's Avatar
    If Kanki isn't defeated this arc, then I don't think he will ever lose. The Zhao should be gone by the time we finish with this arc.

And thinking how Shin will ever reach the position of the Six Great Generals with his leadership and knowledge stats that are below the likes of Raido and Batei...

Can somebody post info about Shibashou?Who is he based on?
    Favourite OP charcters: Dragon,Benn,Croc,Kuma,Aokiji,Fuji,Zoro,Kid,X Drake,Hawkins,Sanji,Daz Bones,Van Augur

Favourite Kingdom characters: Ouki,Moubu,Mouten,Duke Hyou,Kanki,Kyoukai,Renpa,Riboku,Houken,Karin,Ousen

Favourite One Punch man characters: Saitama,King,Metal Bat,Garou,Silver Fang,Zombieman,Watchdog Man,Atomic Samurai,Homeless Emperor

Favorite Beserk characters:Zodd,Void,Skull Knight,Guts,Grunbeld,Raksas,Locus,Irvine,Mozgus, Griffith/Femto,Ganishka

Other manga/anime favourite characters: Lupin 3rd,Daisuke Jigen,Goemon Ishikawa XIII,Kakashi Hatake,Shikamaru Nara,Jiraiya,Kenpachi Zaraki,Shunsui Kyoraku,Goku,Tien Shinhan,Alucard,Zi Yu,SiWang YenShen,Xuan Feng,Tian Kui,Zhen Chan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bws View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can somebody post info about Shibashou?Who is he based on?
    Sima Shang or whatever the spelling

iirc he is the general who pretty much accompany Riboku on his defence vs Qin's invasion