Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Historical Spoilers and Speculations on how the Manga will play out. *OBVIOUS SPOILER

So this is obviously a spoiler thread based on history. The author tends to take a ton of liberties and make changes to fit Shin and crew in and to make the story more enjoyable. Here's my speculations thus far.

According to History, Tou's army single handedly conquered Han. It was a weak state that crumbled in less than a year of assaults from Tou. I think this is probably going to play out the same.

In terms of what's going on now, historically speaking, Kanki will lose this fight against Riboku. He'll lose pretty much his entire army, he escaped the battle and ended up betraying Qin, in an attempt to assassinate Sei, he was caught and executed. Riboku after this battle pushed the Qin back hard. Qin then sends Ou Sen, Kyou Kai and You tan Wa to conquer Zhao. After several stalemates, natural disasters struck Zhao which weakened it, causing Qin to gain the upperhand. Qin then bribed some court officials to place discontent within the courts to cause the King of Zhao to mistrust Riboku, eventually causing his execution, which lead to Zhao being conquered by Qin.

Now, what I think will happen. Kanki will lose this battle just as he does historically, but I don't think he'll flee and get killed attempting assassinate Sei. I think Riboku himself would actually kill Kanki, because it'll be more action packed that way from a story perspective. And when Qin launches it's 2nd attack on Zhao, instead of Kyou kai, I'm convinced that it'll be Shin instead as the general that leads on one of the fronts. He'll be promoted to General for killing Keisha. And Kyou kai obviously will be his deputy and bumped up to 5k Commander. Also, I don't think Riboku will be executed either, I think Shin will end up taking him out.

Thoughts and Opinions?

What about Sima Shang? Will he never appear or play no role?

Tou and new gen (partly) taking down Han should be no surprise.

So you see Kanki getting killed by Riboku or Houken personally? I can imagine Kanki evade and coming back later as a possibility as well. Like when Qin is busy with Chu, guess who comes to pay a visit directly to Qin.

I really hope Kyoukai brakes loose.

I've got plenty of things to say but until then, @Millennium Creed; move this thread to State of Jo please

@say-and-sing;

Who? the only famous Sima's I know of are in the Jin Dynasty

But yeah Kanki dying in this fight I think is much more entertaining than him getting killed like a dog.

I highly doubt Kyou kai would ever leave Shin, she loves Shin and the Hi Shin too much.

I think Kanki will lose the battle and the majority of his army, demonstrating how deadly Rikobu is, but I am unsure whether he gets killed, or comes back to assassinate Sei. Either way I do not mind at the moment.

Shin without a doubt would defeat Rikobu, but I do not know if he will kill him, he could still be executed, but not how he was historically of course. I am sure he will kill Houken though, and have a 'great general' status and become part of the GG system.

Also Tou destroying Han would be a showcase of his 'true power' then.

@HTakara82; Sima Shang was Riboku's deputy in his last battle for Zhao. It was Qin's third campaign and Ousen was at the helm. The Zhao held them off and Ousen had to resort to getting Riboku attacked internally by the Zhao court to break the stalemate. People are saying he might be the last 3GH.

Kanki was indeed matched up against Riboku, however, it will not happen now because he wasin the second big Zhao campaign, after Ousen, Yotanwa and Kyoukai attacked Zhao. It's after Han was conquered so ... Kanki ran away to Yan because he didn't want to face execution for his loss, he assisted the famous Jing Ke to try to kill Sei by offering his head or something so Jing Ke could get close to Sei.

Banned
    I'd be okay with Tou defeating Han considering he is my favorite character.

@Void;

ah ok, I didn't know the names of his deputies, although his deputies unknowingly played a part in Riboku ending up getting executed.

I just double checked, and Kanki already ran away before Ou Sen Yotanwa and Kyoukai triple teamed Zhao. Kanki lost this fight 2 years before the fall of Han. 232 BC was when kanki lost and fled. 230 BC was when Han fell, and it was 229 BC when the trio attacked Zhao

Well this is awkward, I could've sworn last time they said he lost after Han lost. Also, last time they said the triple team was before Kanki, not after.

Kanki had at least two campaigns in Zhao it seems.

@Void;

judging by the locations of the battles, it looks like Kanki's first battle in Zhao happened off screen. It was after taking this territory and splitting his army to take different locations, Riboku took the opportunity to attack. And destroyed Kanki's main force.

Where do you get your info?

It sorta happened as you said, Kanki wanted to build on his earlier victories and moved to finish it fast but Riboku took his camp and ambushed his retreat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fei_(233_BCE)

@Void;

That's in line with what I'm saying, unless I'm reading it wrong lol.

I have a lot of history books for references. I just kinda skimmed through parts for this conversation.

Oh, history books?

You got the shiji?

so, what year are we again in the manga?
    Since this is historical spoiler thread, it 's going to make it easier for those who understand history to see what's next..

That battle with Riboku vs Kanki should have happened when Kanki is already a GG though.. IIRC Riboku managed to kill more than 100k of Kanki's troops. and right now he only brings 50k of his own troops

I'll bet on Tou having Shin in that Han battle just because this manga's MC is Shin. The Yotanwa-Ousen-Kyoukai might be twisted to "Kyoukai play more role than Shin in that campaign" but we'll see... I agree Shin will be there though

the one who will assassinate Sei in future is not Kanki/Huan Yi but Fan yu Qi/Hanoki, and kingmagax already make its cleared after the controversy.

"Due to the lack of records of Huan Yi after the Battle of Fei and Fan Yu Qi’s mysterious past, many modern scholars theorized that they are the same person. For more information about this, do refer to Huan Yi/Kanki’s post in this thread. Hara Sensei decided to make two different characters for Fan Yu Qi and Huan Yi and in this manga, Fan Yu Qi is the rebel general from the Lao Ai rebellion(Do note that there were no records of Fan Yu Qi participating in the Lao Ai rebellion). Considering the Lao Ai rebellion is doomed to fail, we can be pretty sure that Fan Yu Qi will be wanted by Qin for his crimes in the Lao Ai rebellion in the manga. We can also be sure he will survive the rebellion, somehow escape to Yan and will reappear years later just before the Jin Ke assassination."

- - - Updated - - -

the one who will assassinate Sei in future is not Kanki/Huan Yi but Fan yu Qi/Hanoki, and kingmagax already make its cleared after the controversy.

"Due to the lack of records of Huan Yi after the Battle of Fei and Fan Yu Qi’s mysterious past, many modern scholars theorized that they are the same person. For more information about this, do refer to Huan Yi/Kanki’s post in this thread. Hara Sensei decided to make two different characters for Fan Yu Qi and Huan Yi and in this manga, Fan Yu Qi is the rebel general from the Lao Ai rebellion(Do note that there were no records of Fan Yu Qi participating in the Lao Ai rebellion). Considering the Lao Ai rebellion is doomed to fail, we can be pretty sure that Fan Yu Qi will be wanted by Qin for his crimes in the Lao Ai rebellion in the manga. We can also be sure he will survive the rebellion, somehow escape to Yan and will reappear years later just before the Jin Ke assassination."

Huh, that's interesting but really disappointing.

i was sent to this thread by a guy from NF (also MF).
    I haven;t read the posts above nor will i reply to any lol....since this is a post from him....

Anyway supposedly on manga fox there's something to show that the myth about kanki and 'Yan' (?) is proven to be totally false since Kanki and Hanoki have been mixed up a few times, by historic novices.

I was spoiled a little bit....so I guess Hanoki will be seen again in Yan or w/e. But yeah, the main point is that apparently TMF is behind mangafox forums as far as the facts are concerned and there is no Kanki + Yan connection.

Plz no one quote or mention me since i'm merely spreading the word!!!!!

kinda tempted to history spoil myself

Well, we don't really have anyone here that can read Chinese or Japanese so ...

But HTakara is an asset

Noooooo, the one time it's not about Ousen and woikurus smashes our dreams...

What a horrible thread... it needs to be buried by Hakuki.
    @Void; Also, I thought Sima Shang kicked ass against the three-part-dreamteam before as well... but better not spoiler, because if Sima falls, so does the 3GH and it will just be "Riboku's Super Show".

@Void;

lol I'll have to check

- - - Updated - - -
    @gn_x00;

Considering that Qin is currently sending reinforcements, they're bound to have 100k, remember at the end of this chapter, Hara was hyping it to be a really big battle.