Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Complete defeat for Qin?
    Obviously he means in that particular campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Elux View Post
    Complete defeat for Qin?
    Basically what happens lol

So guys what historic generals do you expect to pop up in Yan when they face Qin and also in Qi who would not face Qin,but surrender?

We don't really know any historical generals from Yan from the time of it's conquest. If I remember it right, Yan forces were commanded direcly by the king and royal prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    We don't really know any historical generals from Yan from the time of it's conquest. If I remember it right, Yan forces were commanded direcly by the king and royal prince.
    What about Qi?

Quote Originally Posted by Perun View Post
    What about Qi?
    The same. We don't know any Qi commanders, because the state was steamrolled by Ouhon in a single invasion without much effort.

But I'm sure Hara will make it a bit more exciting.

Thanks mate!

Yan will have Hanoki. He's a general and he fled there. But eh he's scrubbish. Shin plays a major part in the Yan war historically so they will have some dudes.

One of the two Qi generals that the King sent to deal with the coalition army will leave Qi and become a (Great?) General of Zhao.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    Yan will have Hanoki. He's a general and he fled there. But eh he's scrubbish. Shin plays a major part in the Yan war historically so they will have some dudes.

One of the two Qi generals that the King sent to deal with the coalition army will leave Qi and become a (Great?) General of Zhao.
    Nice info!

Also Duke pm'd me this about a legendary Qi general who may be alive...

That is because information like that is not to be found in English and it is not even sure that he really existed, it is Chinese folklore but since Hara LOVES to use Chinese folklore in his story I can really see him using this Qi general.

It is actually a Qi general that does not agree with Qin and his army of 70 000 start a full guarilla warfare against them which even results in the death of over 100 000 Qin soldiers from the East Army.

His name in Folklore is Xeoi and he was apparantly a huge man that could take trees out with his bare hands.

Again, popular Chinese Folklore but I see Hara using it, because in Chinese interviews he smirked when asked!
    but take that for what it's worth.

hope he does go through with it

sounds like he'd be a great opponent for mou bu down the line
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Wow,would love if Hara goes that rute and introduce that monster!
    Last edited by Perun; 02-09-2018 at 01:55 PM.

I can't find any info on that guy

but I know neither xe nor oi are words that exist in chinese pinyin, and there's no x in japanese kanji if that was supposed to be the japanese name.

going out on a limb here and guessing he's trolling y'all

Would be a shame if its a fake myth.

Changing the topic.

Does anyone knows what historical general is Kouyoku based on? It would be cool if he was Xiang Yu (grandson of Xiang Yan and one of the leaders of rebelion against Qin dynasty), but he is to old for that and the name doesn't match.

Hanoki was killed so the assasin Yan sent could get close to Sei via offering his head as a gift, so I doubt he'll play much of a part in defending Yan (plus he's a scrub as you say, he would offer no challenge).

Changing the topic.

Does anyone knows what historical general is Kouyoku based on? It would be cool if he was Xiang Yu (grandson of Xiang Yan and one of the leaders of rebelion against Qin dynasty), but he is to old for that and the name doesn't match.
    Xiang Liang maybe? Xiang Yu's uncle, who raised him after his father died. But that would make him Kouen's son and Kouen is supposed to be up there in age? Hmmm, I dunno.

Kouyoku is around Shin's age, maybe Kouen had him when he was in his forties, that would make Kouyoku 20 something like Shin if Kouen in his late sixties, currently.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Duke pm'd me this about a legendary Qi general who may be alive...

but take that for what it's worth.
    He's trolling you, dude.
    Last edited by Pirao; 02-09-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Changing the topic.

I think kouyoku might be xiang yu. xiang yu's birthname was xiang ji. while kouyoku's chinese name is xiang yi. ji=yi are not that far off. it could be just chinese to japanese botched translation. either that or kouyoku is just a made up character by hara

I am actually not trolling. The folklore is huge in Eastern China and the Chinese soldiers sang songs about him during World War 2 when fighting the Japanese.

Hara smirked in an interview if he would use him. The name I mentioned is in Korean. I have to apologise for that misunderstanding. But defo not trolling here.

- - - Updated - - -

If someone speaks Chinese or Korean I can post many links.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I am actually not trolling. The folklore is huge in Eastern China and the Chinese soldiers sang songs about him during World War 2 when fighting the Japanese.

Hara smirked in an interview if he would use him. The name I mentioned is in Korean. I have to apologise for that misunderstanding. But defo not trolling here.

- - - Updated - - -

If someone speaks Chinese or Korean I can post many links.
    Quote Originally Posted by magaxking View Post
    Magaxking
    Hey can you confirm his story please.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcusx8 View Post
    Hey can you confirm his story please.
    I haven't heard of this story, at least not for the period of Ying Zheng's reign since Qi was basically inactive until they got invaded at the end of the unification war. A link, preferably in Chinese, would definitely help.

Also, Kouyoku/Xiang Yi(项翼) is a fictional character. Xiang Yu(项羽) and his uncle Xiang Liang (项梁) are the most prominent figures of the Xiang family after the unification. Xiang Yu's father was not mentioned in Shiji and subsequent history books so there are multiple possible theories to who that might be, including Xiang Qu (项渠)、Xiang Rong (项荣) and Xiang Chao(项超), which all require extensive reading to find out. Hara, who probably only read up on the main history books such as Shiji, could have just created Kouyoku/Xiang Yi in Kingdom to be Xiang Yu's father since that wasn't well documented. Also to note that Xiang Yu's characteristics resembles Kouyoku and Shin, being strong, rash and sometimes even ignoring good advise from his advisors, causing his men to defect and leading to his eventual downfall.