Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

The Promised Neverland

New series is out in Jump. Not a bad chapter, but kind of shitty art. Interested in seeing where this might go.

http://mangastream.com/r/neverland/001/3577/1

I probably won't be sticking with this based on character design alone.

jesus fuck, the character design is so off-putting that i don't even want to start following this.

- - - Updated - - -

my intuition tells me that this is gonna get canceled in a month or two.

Yakusoku No Neverland (The Promised Neverland)

Magazine: Weekly Shonen Jump

Authors: Demizu Posuka (Art) & Shirai Kaiu (Story)

Emma and her friends have a pretty good life at the orphanage they grew up in. Though the rules may be strict, the caretaker is kind. But why are the children forbidden from ever leaving...?

Read Manga here:
    http://m.mangahere.co/roll_manga/yak...everland/c001/

how come one of the new WSJ Series haven't gotten a Thread yet
    Last edited by Featherine; 08-28-2016 at 10:30 AM.

Not at all what I'd usually expect from WSJ, but it's pretty enjoyable so far imo, I like how the MC's have been pretty competent overall. I'm pretty curious as to where the plot will go, so hopefully it sticks around for a while.

Already a thread for this.

http://www.millenniumforums.com/show...ised-Neverland
    @Bold;

Please merge.

If you guys aren't reading this series, you should. It's got a super interesting plot and holds your attention.

I read it since its on ms and I usually give any new series they translate on their a shot. Its very interesting so far. Concept isn't new but it can be very promising.

Interested in seeing what the outcome will be. Its unlikely that they will completely fail and die but it is likely that one of the trio gets caught and most of the other children if not all fail to escape.

I imagine the trio will escape and link up with other survivors in the world and then start planning on how to take down the demons.

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I imagine the trio will escape and link up with other survivors in the world and then start planning on how to take down the demons.
    Do you think all the other young kids will die, some will escape or somehow all of them will escape?

It's alright so far, but I don't like the main characters so far.

what do we do, bolid

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Do you think all the other young kids will die, some will escape or somehow all of them will escape?
    I don't think all of them will escape because I don't see this series having a happy feeling. They'll probably be able to escape with a few of the other children, but then will get caught at the wall and have to abandon the rest.

I like it. This shows seem to be one of those where they solve the current problem, get a time skip, before moving on to the next one. I have hopes for it.

The problem is that Jump is the magazine, so even if its good it might be stopped after the escape from the house because it doesn't fit the demographic.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

New chapter is out. Pretty good one and wicked last panel.

http://mangastream.com/r/neverland/007/3682/1

Pretty obvious Isabella didn't stupidly give that information away for nothing. She is going to set up Krone as the fall girl.

Saw Dreamer nominate this for SoTM despite the negative press (and it seems like a few other members like it) so I'll give it a try. But damn, those are ugly character designs.

It's receiving negative press? It's a fresh story amongst a bunch of stale typical Shonen series right now and is actually interesting to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    It's receiving negative press? It's a fresh story amongst a bunch of stale typical Shonen series right now and is actually interesting to follow.
    it has been received quite well (although the series is still basically in its infancy, so this is really inconclusive). however, it has received quite a bit of flak because it's serialized in shonen jump. spawned quite a bit of controversy because people deem it unfit for the magazine.

It's not bad. Interesting premise. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the main characters just yet, but I'm gonna keep reading for a while yet.

Fully caught up and I really like this. Very thrilling.

First chapter got me hooked a lot quicker than I expected. It reminds me of Shingeki no Kyogin in parts. I love the designs of the demons and the pacing has been marvellous. If the worldbuilding turns out to be something special and the author knows how to balance out building up the anticipation, stress and tension in the reader without getting dark to a fault, this could be an excellent series. I'll be glad if he can keep this up.

He just has to know how to toe that line so this doesn't get cancelled like Cormag said, and gather enough of a fanbase. I don't follow many mangas atm, but I'm definitely keeping up with this.
    Last edited by Bold; 09-29-2016 at 01:52 PM.