Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    BRING ME MORE WINE Punished Ultra's Avatar
    Talk of Ron Paul being secretary of the treasury

If this happens my dick will explode

[MENTION=10]Ultra[/MENTION];

What about the talk of Sean Hannity or Alex Jones being Secretary of Press?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inanna View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Only you're talking about that, you nut.

...But I would never stop laughing if he did appoint Alex Jones

Trump already backpaddling on the wall,
    wants to make who he called the 'worst banker in the United States', Jamie Dimon, the CEO of JP Morgan chase, the treasury secretary.

he played the entirety of the USA, you've been had, again. So much for anti establishment.

I'm.
    Dying.

Source: your ass.

Stay mad, kraut. Trump will prove you and all the other wimps wrong for the third time.

- - - Updated - - -

Source: your ass.

Stay mad, kraut. Trump will prove you and all the other wimps wrong for the third time.

I'm not mad though, just enjoying this meltdown, would've no matter which way this had swung.

http://www.businessinsider.de/trump-...6-11?r=US&IR=T

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    Trump already backpaddling on the wall,
    wants to make who he called the 'worst banker in the United States', Jamie Dimon, the CEO of JP Morgan chase, the treasury secretary.

he played the entirety of the USA, you've been had, again. So much for anti establishment.

I'm.
    Dying.
    > Looks this up
    >
    Advisers to President-elect Donald Trump are reportedly considering JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon to serve as Secretary of the Treasury, according to CNBC.

Dimon has repeatedly said he’s not interested in the job, and a spokesman refused to elaborate to CNBC.
    Dimon could be an odd fit in a Trump administration. He’s a Democrat and primarily donates to that party, though he’s donated thousands of dollars to Republicans, too.

Dimon, who is reportedly close to President Obama, was also rumored to be in the running for Treasury secretary after he was elected in 2008.

Trump has routinely criticized “international bankers” and “elites” during his campaign. Few appear to fit that label better than Dimon, chief of the United States’ most valuable multinational bank with more than $2.3 trillion in assets.
    And Trump in 2013 called Dimon “the worst banker in the United States.”

Other Treasury Department candidates include House Financial Services Committee Chairman Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas), investment banker Carl Icahn and Trump campaign finance chair Steven Mnuchin, a former Goldman Sachs partner, according to a list obtained by BuzzFeed.
    I mean, at least wait until the eggs are hatched before you count them. Lol

The wall is something I think he'll push, if only to get him re elected at the very least. I don't see a compelling reason why he would backpedal.

Yah I know that.

my point was that he was actually considering him, basically proving the hypocrisy. That he declined isn't really a factor tbh.

From Trumps new website:

https://www.greatagain.gov/policy/immigration.html

Immigration

“In several years, when we have accomplished all of our enforcement goals – and truly ended illegal immigration for good, including the construction of a great wall, and the establishment of our new lawful immigration system – then and only then will we be in a position to consider the appropriate disposition of those who remain. That discussion can only take place in an atmosphere in which illegal immigration is a memory of the past, allowing us to weigh the different options available based on the new circumstances at the time.”

Donald J. Trump, August 31, 2016

A Trump Administration would execute on the following ten-point plan to restore integrity to our immigration system, protect our communities, and put America first:

1. Build a Wall on the Southern Border
    2. End Catch-and-Release
    3. Zero Tolerance for Criminal Aliens
    4. Block Funding for Sanctuary Cities
    5. Cancel Unconstitutional Executive Orders & Enforce All Immigration Laws
    6. Suspend the Issuance of Visas to Any Place Where Adequate Screening Cannot Occur
    7. Ensure that Other Countries Take Their People Back When We Order Them Deported
    8. Finally Complete the Biometric Entry-Exit Visa Tracking System
    9. Turn Off the Jobs and Benefits Magnet
    10. Reform Legal immigration to Serve the Best Interests of America and its Workers

Yah I know that.

my point was that he was actually considering him, basically proving the hypocrisy. That he declined isn't really a factor tbh.
    All articles say his advisers considered him. Half of them source other news outlets.

Trump is too bullheaded to automatically fall in line with what his staff thinks. He hired Pence after all.

Articles I've read referenced his advisors and him in a pretty even split iirc.

But oh well. It's too early to call any shots either way.

I'm getting what I wanted out of this already anyway

- - - Updated - - -

pops fix your goddamn forum

Yah I know that.

He didn't. Read the article Ultra posted one more time and this time actually pay attention.

Trump got Republicans absolute dominance in Congress and Supreme court in the first time in 100 years.

I predict they'll "give him" the wall to get on his good side and then try and subvert other interests of Trump that are directly against their own (like Draining Swamp lol)

From the looks of things I wouldn't be sure about that.

Possibility sure, but as it looks he'll probably have to compromise on that wall of his. You'd still have to somehow sort things out like cost, visibility for border agents, cut through rugged terain, bodies of water and private land and so on and so forth.

A fence is looking way more realistic right now.

Republicans have to comply with him. There's no excuse left for them now. American people and especially repubs want the wall. They want stricter immigration laws. They don't want amnesty for illiegal immigrants. They want deportations.

From the looks of things I wouldn't be sure about that.

Possibility sure, but as it looks he'll probably have to compromise on that wall of his. You'd still have to somehow sort things out like cost, visibility for border agents, cut through rugged terain, bodies of water and private land and so on and so forth.

A fence is looking way more realistic right now.
    One of the aspects I predict about a Trump presidency is that he'll use his populist status as leverage against Congress if they try and nickel and dime him.

"Hey my fellow Americans! I'm here today to talk about the Wall. It's integral to our border security, safety, etc."

"But your WIMPY CONGRESS wants to build a fence! Can you believe that folks? No, we need a WALL. With a MONORAIL running on top of it"

Yeah, I can actually see that happening

It's what he's best at after all.

He seemed much more modest in his victory speech however, as much as he wants to push for the wall wasn't it pretty much deemed an impossibility atleast on the scale he would've liked it to have?

But hey, atleast he can get a double layered fence no matter what happens.

It won't even come to that. Republicans voters support Trump's immigration policies, even those who were against him. All the exit polls showed that. Even the presidential election exit polls show that majority of americans want more conservative policies. Republicans have majority in the congress now. They were elected to enact Trump's policies. They have no excuse left. It would be a political suicide for them to obstruct Trump on policies that he was elected for.