Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Official Champions League thread

Talk anything related to UCL here.

Discuss.

UCL Draw:

RIP PSV.

RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

LOL

Yeah, they will reach Europe league.

Group G is easily the easiest group lol.

Leicester City will win the cup in the same way they won their league.

Every group's two winners are pretty much decided except H and E.

Group H can be either Juventus/Sevilla or Juventus/Lyon. I think it's going to Lyon.

As for E, I have no idea. Moscow is certainly the lower of the bunch, but it wouldn't be astounding at all if they actually won in their group.

Fun fact, Leverkusen, Spurs, and Monaco all finished third in their respective leagues.

I think I'd have to say it's Spurs and Leverkusen who will go through.
    [2014 - 2017]

Wait, why was Leicester in first rank.

How is the UEFA ranking even decided.

Poor Copenhagen rest in peace

@Crispinianus;

What do you mean? Leicester City won the BPL title. Did you not know that?
    [2014 - 2017]

And this grants them the right to be considered among the eight strongest teams of Europe?

For winning their home competition one time?

...Are you joking?

[2014 - 2017]

No.

Leicester City won the Premier League title. The title that Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, and Southampton were unable to achieve in the years 2015/2016.
    [2014 - 2017]

And?

[2014 - 2017]

Exactly. It means nothing.

Especially for a team that competed to not fall in lower divisions until the other day.

I'm not questioning their ranking, I'm questioning whether you're serious or not.

Winning the BPL for a season means that you were the best out of that whole league. Leicester City triumphed over clubs that have both went and won the UEFA Cup. They're also still considered the best until the new season ends.

Their chances of winning this is almost as good as the top clubs in the groups.
    [2014 - 2017]

There have been years when Italy had no teams in first ranks, so winning a competition shouldn't give anyone the royal right to sit among the best right away, especially with zero extra-national experience.

It can happen that a team randomly wins its home competition for one year and then they go back being the nobodies they've always been. It's rare but it happens. It happened with Wolfsburg recently, and with Cagliari less recently just to mention two cases when they obviously WEREN'T picked as first ranked in the Champions League draws.

Their chances of winning this is almost as good as the top clubs in the groups.
    Ayyy now that was funny

I don't know what years you're referring to, but that could've been because the first ranking club in the group had way more impressive achievements.

FC Porto is a great club, but they're not BPL title good. Winning a BPL title is just as impressive as winning a Bundesliga/Liga BBVA title.

I'm not concerned about how they rank the clubs in their respective groups, but Leicester City fully deserves this. Fluke or not, it was a fact that Leicester City was the BPL title winner and that makes them the best in their league for 2015/2016. Also, it's not as if their win was close. The point difference between Arsenal and Leicester was 10 points which is equivalent to winning three games and a draw.

If the Foxes do go back to being nobodies, there are more factors that come into consideration rather than just luck, such as the club being overwhelmed by its position, other clubs became much stronger, change of managers, change of play style, etc.
    [2014 - 2017]

Porto has an European tradition, even recent, you can't even think to diss to the advantage of some provincial Sunday winners.

The result is having a group nobody cares about. Well done UEFA.

@Crispinianus;

Ranking system has changed a year ago. All the champions of 8 best countries will be in pot 1.