Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Chinese Woman.... Noooooooooo!

Call me sexist/racist but I just can't like any of the women in this series.

Tfw the character you hate the most kills your favorite character.

i almost fell asleep watching the first episode

mainly because i was on like 3 hours of sleep

Trust me it gets good later.

Try to continue it when you are not half asleep.

I just finished the season

despite a few bumps on the road it was a fun ride, I rate it lower than Daredevil and Jessica Jones tho

I wish Cottonmoth survived and got the Seagate treatment instead of Diamondback tbh, he was a better villain

Diamondback ruined that last fight for me, the clumsy fight choreography aside, he was too campy for my tastes

I don't like the fact that they're setting him up for a possible return next season

one of my favorite parts about the show which I didn't see mentioned in reviews so far was listening to the bands rehearsing at Harlem's Paradise when Cottonmouth was running the place

making some locations memorable was something the show did well I think, specifically Pop's barbershop and Harlem's Paradise

to a much lesser extent Mariah's place too, was kinda funny how easily people snuck into her house lol

Turk really got to shine here, I didn't think much of him in Daredevil, but his interactions with the cast were awesome

by the way @Makenzye; @Great Potato; seen this yet, or you guys stalling?

Quote Originally Posted by W e a l t h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Makenzye; @Great Potato; seen this yet, or you guys stalling?
    Makenzye doesn't like Luke Cage, so I'm not sure he'll watch this, I believe he didn't watch Jessica Jones either.

I finished episode 3 today.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    Makenzye doesn't like Luke Cage, so I'm not sure he'll watch this, I believe he didn't watch Jessica Jones either.

I finished episode 3 today.
    omg Mak

alright, looking forward to read your overall impressions GP

Quote Originally Posted by Femto View Post
    Call me sexist/racist but I just can't like any of the women in this series.

Tfw the character you hate the most kills your favorite character.

is this about Mariah killing Cottonmouth at HP? 'cause I agree

omg Mak

My initial impressions.

Cottonmouth seem to have much control over his organization and doesn't come off as a huge danger. His men are either going rogue and operating behind his back, his rivals walk straight into his place and disrespect him in front of his face, his sister keeps chastising him on his failures, and Luke Cage just wrecked his whole system. He got a sympathetic moment in their crying over Pops death and it's clear he respected the guy, so the motivation of taking him out for his death is quite weak. This Shades guy is super shady and Diamondback is getting hyped up as someone higher on the ladder, even gotten threats about how he can kill Cottonmouth without him knowing it's coming.

It feels like it's all building up to Luke Cage not actually being the one to take him out, even though he did blow up the Chinese restaurant owner for the latest cliffhanger. Don't know if they can redeem the guy, but more capable guys will take over, that Shades guy is too shady to trust.

That twist of that goofy officer killing Chico caught me good.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    My initial impressions.

Cottonmouth seem to have much control over his organization and doesn't come off as a huge danger. His men are either going rogue and operating behind his back, his rivals walk straight into his place and disrespect him in front of his face, his sister keeps chastising him on his failures, and Luke Cage just wrecked his whole system. He got a sympathetic moment in their crying over Pops death and it's clear he respected the guy, so the motivation of taking him out for his death is quite weak. This Shades guy is super shady and Diamondback is getting hyped up as someone higher on the ladder, even gotten threats about how he can kill Cottonmouth without him knowing it's coming.

It feels like it's all building up to Luke Cage not actually being the one to take him out, even though he did blow up the Chinese restaurant owner for the latest cliffhanger. Don't know if they can redeem the guy, but more capable guys will take over, that Shades guy is too shady to trust.

That twist of that goofy officer killing Chico caught me good.
    Shades is indeed... pretty shady, I like how you're unapologetic about that pleonasm

yeah that analysis on Cottonmouth is spot on, he increasingly grew sympathetic as time went on

Yeah, Cottonmouth along with Shade & Luke are the characters I more or less only like. While Mariah is one I hate. Does not help that we saw the flashback of them more or less forcing Cottonmouth to kill his uncle, who was the only one supporting his music career.

omg Mak

Sweet Christmas I hate what Bendis did with him and Marvel's shoehorning of him.

@W e a l t h;

I liked Pops, Luke Cage, Claire, Turk and the chess dude the most. Really though, all characters were good.

Mariah is evil man. She was barely affected by killing her own blood.
    No.​

Messy show

Finalbeta's Final Meltdown
    Quote Originally Posted by Finalbeta View Post

And when the moon will be up I will still be on the group and when the sun then will rise I still will surprise. Make me join do it for me I'm a friend of yours please make me fucking join I need it. Too much freaking has been passed and I cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried just in order to join

Please my man please do it for me I need it I need I need it I need this I just need this make me join I fucking need it to continue my NF path from where it ended.

This must happen

Don't stop make it happen make it happen my dream

Don't stop make it happeeeeeennm

Don't stop make it happeeeeeeeeen

I just need so for my life you have to fucking do it please help me

I will do good I will do indeed good give me trust for once my man please I know you can do it? Of course you can. Please your heart is filled in kindness and I know that so help me I need it. I need your love I need your help and this is all the fuck I can prove to you please accept me in the group. Accept me at least once. Please.

Finished the season 1.

Shades was the best, liked Sugar as well.

So doctor is planning to do what he did to Luke to Diamondback now as well?

I sooo wished that Mariah would end up in jail but I guess they need someone for the second season.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Sweet Christmas I hate what Bendis did with him and Marvel's shoehorning of him.
    fair enough, but what about Iron Fist, gonna skip that too?

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    @W e a l t h;

I liked Pops, Luke Cage, Claire, Turk and the chess dude the most. Really though, all characters were good.

Mariah is evil man. She was barely affected by killing her own blood.
    yeah people like that are scary dude, when you don't show much remorse for hurting, and at worse killing, someone close to you -- you definitely won't bat an eye for a stranger

case in point, when she ordered Shades to kill Candace without a second thought

fair enough, but what about Iron Fist, gonna skip that too?

yeah people like that are scary dude, when you don't show much remorse for hurting, and at worse killing, someone close to you -- you definitely won't bat an eye for a stranger

case in point, when she ordered Shades to kill Candace without a second thought
    No way. I wont' miss that.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    No way. I wont' miss that.
    great

Quote Originally Posted by Femto View Post
    Finished the season 1.

Shades was the best, liked Sugar as well.

So doctor is planning to do what he did to Luke to Diamondback now as well?

I sooo wished that Mariah would end up in jail but I guess they need someone for the second season.

hopefully they just bump his stats so that he can stand his ground against Luke, but don't make him bulletproof, I'd hate that tbh

not to mentioned he's overstayed his welcome already, in comics he's just a skilled fighter who's proficient with knives

yeah I was hoping to see Mariah get locked up too

On episode 5

So far its not that great

Quote Originally Posted by V View Post
    On episode 5

So far its not that great
    What's your gripes with it?