Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You remember why he wouldn't pay back Cage, don't you?

Because he was black. lol

gotta love dialogues in 70's comics man, that was pure comedy gold, talk about not being pc

I also loved when he broke into the baxter building, his interactions with the FF was awesome lol

Just finished episode four, very good show so far.

I loved how he puncked Cottonmouth out.
    No.​

Finished episode 4, jesus christ, I never gonna actual real works done.

Episode 1 was slightly annoying to see young black men acting like thug (more about the irrationality of how cheap lives are than the actual crimes itself) because being from Chicago, it was too close to home.

Cottonmouth is good, the Mexican drug lord, and his female cousin are all pretty good. On the fence about Shade right now. Misty Knight and her partner is cool as well. I like how background characters are kinda background until their time to shine.

Luke Cage seemed slightly out of place in his own world but he is fine. Really like his interaction with PoP and the chinese lady.

Though the barber shop attack, Cottonmouth throwing his people off the roof, Turk from Daredevil reaction to the throwing, the rocket launcher, and the killing of Rico are all pleasant surprise and keep me going. Especially since I didn't think too highly of the first episode.

Don't know if anyone caught it, But 25 dollars for a shave at a barber?? O____O outrageous.

- - - Updated - - -

oh man, everyone in my class right now is growing out our mustache for the final composition. So look at Luke Cage's wild self in episode 4, I have an urge to shave my mustache so bad.

So the thing he wearing in that episode at the end, I had to look it up. So that what he looks like in older comics.

done with episode five, watching Luke fight crime in a custom-made suit was friggin' ace

although I winced when he got bullet holes on that nice fabric

I liked that uplifting speech he gave at the memorial, also punked Cottonmouth real good at the end lol

Diamondback is starting to get some real hype, can't wait to see him

Quote Originally Posted by Listen, buddy View Post
    Don't know if anyone caught it, But 25 dollars for a shave at a barber?? O____O outrageous.
    my barber charges 20 bucks for an haircut, I can easily get it cheaper elsewhere but it's nice going there because of the atmosphere and the quality of his work

thinking the same goes for Pop's shop, although to be honest if my barber upped the price by even one cents he won't be seeing my ass there anymore

I haven't been feeling well today and can't lay down so I decided to binge on this show.

Each episode gets better and better.
    No.​

Pops!!!! how could you, thought we were in this together...

good to know the quality doesn't decline in later episodes

and rest well man

In the middle of episode 5, goddam the Harlem people of this show are entitled as fuck.

In the middle of episode 6, that dirty cop had now become one of my favorite character. Glad to see Claire Temple again.

yeah Claire fits well in here

I like how Cage was trying to score with her at the end of the episode, no shame in his game lol, he'll probably bang all of the hot chicks of the Daredevil shared universe by the time netflix wraps all these marvel shows, Matt Murdock and Oliver Queen are looking like amateurs compared to this guy atm

ok that's enough for today, 7 eps to go

I thought DD already bone Claire, and he also got that Elektra too.

Anyhow, middle of episode 7, Cottonmouth so far probably the most vulnerable villain in this Netflix verse, which I kinda like. Wonder what he will do, if he got even more desperate.

His fem cousin though, still not quite understand how genuine she is with transforming Harlem. Though, we already know how hypocrite she is, lecture Cottonmouth about his "businesses" before (morality side of it). And then fine and dandy getting involve if it suited her.

Some 40 minutes into episode 7, lol...

Matt kissed Claire but I don't recall if they went all the way

that might be the case tho

either way, what I like about Cage's style is that he scores with the girl but also avoids cringe-inducing love triangles afterwards because he's suave, unlike his counterparts -- in fact I was pleasantly surprise to see Claire and Misty get along so well in episode 11

speaking of, Claire kicked a lot of ass that episode

I will start watching this.

- - - Updated - - -

10 minutes in and I see nothing but black people.

lmao, the show takes place in Harlem so the ethnic diversity is mostly accurate

but I guess now you know how brothers feel most of the time when they go in theaters and only see white people on the screen

it's no biggie though, what matters is the content

It actually is very important that the show has mostly black people. It's in Harlem for one. And secondly, this is Luke Cage. From what I understand he was the first black superhero to have a running series. I guess you might not understand the significance of all this if you haven't lived in the US.

I do wish they would mention Malcolm X and Muhammad Ali more though.
    No.​

I know nothing about most cities in US, I was more of a joking about the whole thing.

Just finished the first episode, it was pretty awesome.

it's all good man

that was a pretty good Jowy impersonation was on point btw

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    It actually is very important that the show has mostly black people. It's in Harlem for one. And secondly, this is Luke Cage. From what I understand he was the first black superhero to have a running series. I guess you might not understand the significance of all this if you haven't lived in the US.

I do wish they would mention Malcolm X and Muhammad Ali more though.
    yeah hopefully we get more Malcom X next season, he was reffered to in one of the tracks but that's not nearly enough

got two episodes left, will finish it on weekend~

@W e a l t h;

What did you think of Mama Mabel?
    No.​

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    @W e a l t h;

What did you think of Mama Mabel?
    she was so skewed in the head man... that moment where she forced Cottonmouth to kill his uncle triggered me, the whole time I was thinking to myself: ''just do it yourself, bitch''

couldn't help but sympathize with Cottonmouth, kinda fucked the way he got killed by Mariah too lol, she's got anger issues

funny how she rejects the idea of being like Mama Mabel but after the last couple of episodes she's def on her to become Mabel 2.0

which characters did you like most in the cast btw? Pops included
    Last edited by Murphy; 10-05-2016 at 12:04 AM. Reason: typo