Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Zutto zutto zutto zutto Makenzye's Avatar
    Didn't expect the Bride of Spiders.

I wonder if she possesses that secret power...

Got a tad of Tiger's Beautiful Daughter in her.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely more Tiger's Beautiful Daughter than Bridge of Spiders.

Which is a good thing. Because the other one is nightmare inducing.

- - - Updated - - -

Bride of Nine Spiders. It just clicked to me I shortened her name.
    Not everyone who works hard is rewarded! However, all those who succeed have worked hard!

I just want to know who's caught up on the finale.

Thanks to Myst~

My girl hates when I call out names of people only to be confirmed.
    Not everyone who works hard is rewarded! However, all those who succeed have worked hard!

Ha. Called the Steel Phoenix.

Good casting.

Finished the series yesterday.

It could use some polishing here and there, but overall it's a good show and doesn't deserve anywhere near the amount of hate it got.

My one complaint with all Netflix Marvel shows besides season one of Daredevil is a lack of proper development for the villains. The formula seems to be me imply so is the big bad then switch it up 2/3rds of the way through. Some of the characters seemed to flip from one side to the other waaay too fast as well in my opinion.

Another complaint I have is that Finn jones really needs some definition. He's supposed to have been going through intense training for the past 15 years, he should look the part. He doesn't need to be huge, but when he takes his shirt off he should still be impressive. This guy looks like he started working out a month ago. I know Netflix could have afforded to put him on an exercise regime for a few months.

Overall, very good show IMO.

"Don't count the days, make the days count"

Finished the series last night.

There were some glaring flaws in this series, but overall I enjoyed it.

My complaints below in spoilers.

Too many coincidences for my taste. Either the Hand is the most organized group of criminals on the planet (who somehow got blindsided on their home turf) or everything just sort of worked out for them and Danny with people meeting at random in New York of all places. Wing just happened to come across homeless Danny, who became infatuated with her while she was playing hard to get, then it turns out she's a long time agent of a Hand subsidiary who wants to recruit him for a man who knows a lot about the Iron Fist, all the while his "uncle" tried to kill his family and was approached by the Hand, and it just so happens the Hand has a lot of holding in the company? Okay, let's say that the Hand engineered the meeting, that Wing knew Danny responded to chasing, that Meachum was used by the Hand and probably knew them beforehand (Gow implied Rand business dealings were there from nearly the start), that Bokuto was always waiting for the Iron Fist to reappear in New York and so he kept his station there despite not knowing it would be Rand, and I'll even throw in that the Hand has infiltrated literally every facet of society. WHY THE HELL DID THEY NOT NOTICE RAND GETTING ON A PLANE AND GOING TO ANJOU, CHINA?!?!?! With Wing, a Hand agent!

That's not even to add in the coincidence meetings to establish continuity. New York must only have one PI if Joy used an alcoholic who just happens to be tied into the rest of the Defenders and works for the lawyer who just happened to get her start with Rand and is best buddies with the Rand family. Claire Temple picks the Chikara Dojo of all places to get training? Why? Why not anywhere else? Why not a sober and high ranked PI for Joy? Stuff like that just nagged at me.

I've enjoyed Claire Temple's character, but she felt like an unnecessary straight man in a comedy trio when she was hanging out with people. Though I really found it funny when the three were in an alley and people brought up killing Harold.

Joy fell apart as a character. I get it her dad was dead and then alive and there was betrayal, but she was shown as someone who can easily eat up a lot of hardship and push through. A lot of emotional baggage, but it felt to me like they just needed her to move into a villainous role by the end of the series.

By that extent, Danny did a hard flip flop in the second half of the season and came off more like a kid throwing a tantrum than a deep conflicted character. I get what they were trying to do but I think it wasn't portrayed as well as it could have been.

Davos. Is it just me or was there some romantic tension there between him and Danny? Not a complaint at all. I just thought there was a scene where in any other show or film the characters would have kissed, and when they didn't I felt let down somehow.

Fights. Well done.

Bride of Nine Spiders. Damn. I was really hoping for an Immortal Weapon version, but we didn't get it.

I wanna talk about other stuff, but I also have work.

had it not been for the SJW backlash BEFORE the public saw the series, it would've just gotten middling reviews and things like "It's not as good as daredevil, pretty all over the place at times, 7/10."

it's not a great series, but when the precedent had been formed that it's unfairly bashed, you kinda want to say "it's not great, but it's better than what it was criticized for"

Thanks to Myst~

@Makenzye;

I also find Joy turning into a villian really sudden and not well thought out. I mean, she seemed like a good guy until the very end. Really poorly done IMO.

Ward, on the other hand, was handled well IMO. You think he's on Dany's side fow now?

"Don't count the days, make the days count"