Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well the kids hate ya too man how does it feel??

but i can understand why you hate the kids, they can be annoying at times but it's bearable in my opinion

but if you loved hopper then you will love this season. hopper also happens to be my favourite character and he did not disappoint
    Was Hopper the sheriff dude? He was my favorite as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisaki View Post
    Was Hopper the sheriff dude? He was my favorite as well.
    ya, i read a few posts above and saw he was your favourite

ya, i read a few posts above and saw he was your favourite
    He was pretty much the only character I liked in this show.

Just binged this shit and my god was this amazing.

The characters, the suspense, the pacing, the story.

Need to hop on S2 AS-motherfucking-AP.
    "You're not born human, you become one." - 2Pac
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    Akainu was faking it. He popped out of the ground shortly afterwards and kept fighting like nothing happened. Probably felt bad for Whitebeard watching his son die in front of him so he threw him a bone by pretending he was hurt by this attack.

King Steve

Season 2 definitly lived up to its expectations

Winter is cumming Crispy Asshole's Avatar
    I dont see what all the fuss is about, Its nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalIce View Post
    Season 2 definitly lived up to its expectations
    yeah

it was great

...just a man of little consequence.

Did any of you feel childhood nostalgia when watching this series?

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    Did any of you feel childhood nostalgia when watching this series?
    Big time.

The Illest Villain The Bald Headed Negro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy Asshole View Post
    I dont see what all the fuss is about, Its nothing special.

Winter is cumming Crispy Asshole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bald Headed Negro View Post
    I found it boring

what do you guys think about max and billy?

Max wasn't a bad addition. Though I would've enjoyed seeing her try to integrate to the other kid's activities as an outsider more. Her driving scene was hilarious af.

Billy felt just so out of place to the overall story, regardless of his "bully" antagonist. Like if he were a direct bully TO the kids it would've fit better.

Otherwise he was just sort of this other bad character that showed up and did... nothing?

yeah come to think of it billy seemed out of place in the story. his sole purpose was to knock out steve so the kids could drive out but it didn't even matter because they brought steve with them anyways

Max didn't really contribute anything outside of driving a car that one time. Billy I thought was kind of interesting and seeing where those issues stem from, but they never did anything with that. I think the third season could explore those dynamics them a bit more.

The whole plot with Eleven meeting her lobotomized mom, finding her Indian sister, and joining a gang of criminals I thought was kind of pointless. Maybe its set up for the next season but it didn't really have any effect on the plot other than Eleven learning to strengthen power with anger which could have been done without that field trip, makes me feel it was just setting those characters up for a future season, but that episode happened right after Will's trap where everyone was in danger so I feel it kind of halted the momentum there a bit with the placement.

Pretty enjoyable season overall, they got me feeling pretty sad see Bob the Brain die like that, even though I expected it from his introduction. Steve was a champ because I thought he was the most expendable, since his tie to the main cast was being on the losing end of a love triangle, but there were about half a dozen times in these two seasons where I thought he was going to bite it only for him to dodge death. Kind of ended up becoming my favorite because of that, nothing good seems to happen to this guy, he lost his rep at school and now he's just there to get bullied and cheated on and have his ass kicked once per season, but he still somehow keeps hanging in there; he's the underdog of this series.
    Last edited by Great Potato; 11-15-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Max didn't really contribute anything outside of driving a car that one time. Billy I thought was kind of interesting and seeing where those issues stem from, but they never did anything with that. I think the third season could explore those dynamics them a bit more.

The whole plot with Eleven meeting her lobotomized mom, finding her Indian sister, and joining a gang of criminals I thought was kind of pointless. Maybe its set up for the next season but it didn't really have any effect on the plot other than Eleven learning to strengthen power with anger which could have been done without that field trip, makes me feel it was just setting those characters up for a future season, but that episode happened right after Will's trap where everyone was in danger so I feel it kind of halted the momentum there a bit with the placement.

Pretty enjoyable season overall, they got me feeling pretty sad see Bob the Brain die like that, even though I expected it from his introduction. Steve was a champ because I thought he was the most expendable, since his tie to the main cast was being on the losing end of a love triangle, but there were about half a dozen times in these two seasons where I thought he was going to bite it only for him to dodge death. Kind of ended up becoming my favorite because of that, nothing good seems to happen to this guy, he lost his rep at school and now he's just there to get bullied and cheated on and have his ass kicked once per season, but he still somehow keeps hanging in there; he's the underdog of this series.
    The part you were talking about the little side adventure really added nothing to anything other than to get a person "capable" of something I guess. It looked like something a whole season should've addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    The part you were talking about the little side adventure really added nothing to anything other than to get a person "capable" of something I guess. It looked like something a whole season should've addressed.
    I'm surprised they kept the anger angle going through to the end. She's had bad things and anger her entire life, I figured it would have been something like the need to protect Hopper that would have pulled out her full potential since channeling that into protective instinct is something new to someone who's only looked out for her survival just far and there were traces of it since her strongest feats were always when she was protecting her friends from danger.

I'm surprised they kept the anger angle going through to the end. She's had bad things and anger her entire life, I figured it would have been something like the need to protect Hopper that would have pulled out her full potential since channeling that into protective instinct is something new to someone who's only looked out for her survival just far and there were traces of it since her strongest feats were always when she was protecting her friends from danger.
    The problem I had with the anger is how it needed to be "unlocked" at all. While I agree her accepting a different pain or feeling in life such as friendship or love or whatever, it felt sort of weird that pain and anger somehow not only enhanced it, but was absolutely vital to her power. But going back to my first sentence, it just felt stupid that someone had to explain to Eleven that she needed to channel her anger even though she'd exercised her power out of anger several times by the end of the first season and by now should be well versed in how being mad can do a lot of damage.

It really just felt like, "We need to do something with Eleven. Fuck it. Umm.... I guess give her a side story where we can hint there are others but never really develop it?" It's almost like it was a stealth pilot for another series.

I think this whole meeting with her Indian sister is a setup for the next season. So is Billy. I think there is more to him that we will find out in next season. The reason I think that is because in that scene where his father beats him up and him crying, was done to make us feel bad for him. Coz it felt weird that the writer want us to hate him at the same time also feel bad for him.

Also there is another thing I am quite curious about is the numbers, 11 and 8. Why is it those two specific numbers? Could it be there are more that has powers like 11 and 8? Like people with numbers within 1 to 11. It would be interesting if there are more like them. The series might become longer.

So,what if, in the 3rd season that demogorgen in the fridge will wake up? They like cold places after all. Shouldn't it work like a healing chamber. I laughed when they put that in the fridge of all places like wtf.

Overall, I enjoyed the series very much. I didn't get bored. First half of the second season was kind of slow but the last half was good.