Nika’s Assassin Game Crash Course Extraganza!
What Is an AG?
- An AG is an rpg in which roles, with varying goals, are assigned by a GM.
- Most games usually have many different kinds of victory, much like the different levels of fatality in Mortal Kombat XD.
- A theme/setting is often selected. E.g. Shokugeki no Soma o3o
- A basic AG has civilians and assassins. However, the concept of the game is only limited by the GM’s imagination. For instance, I once hosted an AG where every player was an assassin, and only 1 person could win.
- Unlike Mafia Games, there is no 'Day' phase and 'Night' phase. Each day (usually) lasts 24 hours and all the players can send in their abilities, regardless of their faction. Also, there is a separate VT, where you can vote for a player to be lynched (killed).
- AG - Assassin Game
- Assassin – The one(s) killing people. STOP THEM! If you are them <.< avoid suspicion.
- Civilian – The uninformed masses who are being picked off by assassins.
- DP – Daily Post by GM with all the events of the day. Here lies all the clues you’ll need to crack the game.
- DT – Discussion Thread, for all your public rambling needs =D
- GM – Game Master
- GMV – Gets My Vote. To be placed after the name of the person you’re voting to lynch.
- Inactive – Player who doesn’t meet the activity requirements.
- Lurker – Player who makes bare activity requirements, but lurks in the DT and doesn’t post or PM much.
- Lynch – Vote off that assassin! Or that guy nobody likes XD
- Ping – target unknowns to see their role in the DP.
- PM Protocol – How to title your private messages to the GM so that their inbox doesn’t become chaotic.
- Role Gathering – Finding the roles of all the players in the game o3o like a detective! You usually get this by revealing your own role.
- Sheep – A frowned upon form of voting where you simply vote for the person with the most votes already to quickly fulfil your activity requirement.
- MVP – Most Valuable Player, an award given to the member of the winning faction who the GM felt was the most influential in winning the game.
- VT – Voting Thread, for all your voting needs.
I’m a civilian. Now what?
- Read the DPs, the DT, PM others, DISCUSS!! Information is your only currency in an AG. Make sure you have lots of it.
- Be distrustful! <.< Assume everyone in an assassin until proven otherwise. Keep in mind though, that others will be distrustful of you as well, so you also have to prove that you’re one of the good guys.
- WORK TOGETHER! You’ll never win against the enemy unless you find your fellow civs and team up. You have strength in numbers. NEVER SOLO.
- If you think you’re about to die, have an information bomb with everything you know ready. Drop that sucker in the DT! If you think it may put your faction in jeopardy, then at least PM it to all your confirmed allies.
- If you are getting lynched, make it publicly known that you are a civilian. Be adamant. Hopefully people will change their votes.
I’m an assassin! What do I do?
- MURDER!!!! Kill anyone you think is smart. Kill anyone who may know your role. Keep the masses uninformed!
- BLEND IN! If someone PMs you, PM them back, just don’t tell them who you are <.< DUH. Lie whenever necessary, but be careful not to get caught in a lie. Don’t let them find you! Avoid attention.
- WORK TOGETHER! You have to plan carefully with your fellow killers to ensure the path to victory.
- BE ACTIVE! You are in a minority. The game will be unbalanced if you’re not around to kill. It’ll ruin the mechanics OTL
- If you are discovered and they’re all lynching you, LIE! Claim to be a civilian or a neutral. Lie until the bitter end. I’ve seen people change their minds many times.
I’m Nuetral o3o
- Don’t lie.
- Survive dammit! That’s all you’ve got to do. Make a truce with the civs and the assassins so that they don’t kill you.