Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

    The Gaddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    22,028

    Music recommendation thread

    The name says it all. Simply post the minimal details that are required

    Genre:
    Bands that you like in that Genre: (Unless you're looking to start out on this genre, then just say so)

  2. #2
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ส็็็ Tendou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WE DEM BOYS
    Posts
    5,899
    J Cole
    Genre: Rap

    Fucking awesome

  3. #3
    Adviser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,399
    Is there any song by Pink Floyd that is on par or better than Comfortably Numb?

  4. #4
    Halaros 536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there any song by Pink Floyd that is on par or better than Comfortably Numb?
    Sure, there is one.

  5. #5
    They're all the same to me.

  6. #6
    Sick Individual Marimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Into The Wild Life
    Posts
    3,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there any song by Pink Floyd that is on par or better than Comfortably Numb?
    sorry what'd you say?



    Couldn't here you from behind THE WALL

  7. #7
    Adviser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,399
    Just listened to it and it's really good. But I still like Comfortably Numb better. Recommend me more.

  8. #8
    Sick Individual Marimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Into The Wild Life
    Posts
    3,020


    The entire album Enjoy

  9. #9
    How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

    The Gaddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    22,028
    Comfortably numb is better because you seem to be in that state of mind. Keep in mind that even your mood changes what song sounds better in a Pink Floyd album.

  10. #10
    Dimensional Boxer Mankey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,387
    Want me to give you some awesome music? Pfwa you guys aren't ready for REAL music.

    Here's a something fresh you need to know. The Who's in my honest opinion's best song.

    Band: The Who
    Song: Baba O'Riley (not we won't be fooled again)
    Genre: Classic/ alternative ROck? Dunno man.
    Status: Beyond mortal comprehention.

    Last edited by Mankey; 05-28-2012 at 09:11 AM.

  11. #11
    How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

    The Gaddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    22,028
    John Entwistle made the song legendary.



    And this, as well.
    Last edited by The Gaddess; 05-28-2012 at 09:12 AM.

  12. #12
    Dimensional Boxer Mankey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,387
    These guys are just melodical geniuses. And their Lyrics hit the right string. Most underappreciated band I have ever not heard of.

    First song I heard from these guys was Pinball Wizard...

  13. #13
    How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

    The Gaddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    22,028
    They were Led Zep's main 'rivals' back in the day. Too bad they fell into their shadow over the time.

  14. #14
    Dimensional Boxer Mankey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,387
    That's cause the English care more about making music than being famous. Or at least their PR department isn't working 24/7.

  15. #15
    Coruscation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,533
    The Who underappreciated? I wouldn't say so... they're immensely respected.
    Personally, I think their best song is Love Reign O'er Me. Was absolutely blown away the first time I heard that.

    Floyd songs superior to CN... High Hopes (not expecting any agreement on this), Shine On, Echoes, Wish You Were Here, Time, maybe Sheep...

  16. #16
    Viper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Red Line
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Touch my Sour Cream and Onion Ruffles and I'll smash you.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Coruscation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Who underappreciated? I wouldn't say so... they're immensely respected.
    Personally, I think their best song is Love Reign O'er Me. Was absolutely blown away the first time I heard that.

    Floyd songs superior to CN... High Hopes (not expecting any agreement on this), Shine On, Echoes, Wish You Were Here, Time, maybe Sheep...
    Well, maybe it's just my personal experience, but I don't think they get as much respect as they should. Yeah, they get a lot of respect, but you think back to their era and a lot of people talk as though LZ completely over shadowed The Who. They don't even mention the two in the same sentence.

  18. #18
    Adviser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzilla View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Comfortably numb is better because you seem to be in that state of mind. Keep in mind that even your mood changes what song sounds better in a Pink Floyd album.
    Nah it is just straight up better imo.

  19. #19
    How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

    The Gaddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    22,028
    It's certainly amazing. But I suggest you give 'Wish you were here' a try.

  20. #20
    Banned Cake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    9,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there any song by Pink Floyd that is on par or better than Comfortably Numb?


    Run like Hell
    Another brick in the wall
    Waiting for the worms

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •