Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    true dat

speaking of positions, I wanted Nina Williams but her torso was twisted in an impossible way
    That's what I mean by the creepy factors of the bodies. Like I get it's meant to be a sexually exploitative thing, but sometimes it feels like I'm looking at a Greg Land fantasy come to life or someone without a spine or basic understanding of their situation.

Women of DC

Here's the box. Notice that it differs from the Collector Corps in one huge way: It doesn't put the name of the box on the box itself. I had to guess/go look at the site to make sure.

Extra funny part? Funko DC isn't as interested in individuality. Another Wonder Woman box is coming and it uses pretty much this same exact box, just a slightly different looking Wonder Woman.

Inside the top flap here. Good repeating collection of images. I really get the feeling DC Funko just wasn't trying that hard.

The "Patch and Pin" section here. I love Batgirl's pin. Since I really don't care for Harley Quinn as much anymore, her pin is lost on me but it does have a solid design.

Here's the comic. I'll say this. At least they put in a relevant comic to the theme of the box AND the person featured prominently on the cover is even in the book! Unfortunately, like Marvel's Women of Power Box, there's only one character on that cover in the book. But to be fair, this is excusable. Unlike Marvel's.

Here are the two possible shirts you can get. I got the one on the left with the "Bad Girls," or "Gotham City Sirens."

Here's the "Secondary Toy/Novelty." Wonder Woman and her Invisible Jet. The box art is weird because it's a blend of three or four different decades all wrapped up with a toy straight out of a completely separate decade. Maybe that was on purpose. Unfortunately I didn't picture all the sides of the box or Wonder Woman outside of her box for some reason. I'll have to update this post with that.

The back of the box there.

Hawkgirl, the Belle of the Ball.

Free from her... heh... heh heh... Birdcage.

Here she is up front. It's amazing how they scooped the ears well and nailed all the lines of her costume including the Hawk Symbol on her belt. They could've left it gold and nobody would've noticed.

Really well done with how they did her hair.

Remember what I said about backside details? Perfectly on display here. Parted hair, wing design, consistency with the helmet. All well done. It's not flush with the hair and helmet, since the helmet feels like it goes over her hair. Probably one of the best figures from DC in general without getting into the real specialty Pops.

Here's the haul, plus that box of rocks I one day will get rid of.

I get the feeling DC doesn't try as hard on their boxes. But this one? It wasn't too bad. Felt like it missed some of the charm of other boxes, but I enjoyed it all the same.

Think I might pay for the Gurdians of the galaxy 2 one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyri View Post
    Think I might pay for the Gurdians of the galaxy 2 one.
    I'll probably get it since there's a really good chance of a new Baby Groot Pop, and my gf goes crazy for that.

The big figures look nice, especially Wolverine + bike .
    The shirts look really, really awful.
    And at least they put in an invisible jet and did not leave it to your imagination.

So when will we get to see a picture of you, all suited up with those pins like an upper-class-DC-salesman?

Just signed up so I'll get gurdians when it comes out. I'm really back and fourth about the wonderwoman one from dc though

Misc Stuff Part 1: Yun... Sorta

Not everything is comic related, but I still do wanna show them off if I can. So here's something along those lines.

A mercifully short post this time for you guys.

Here's my rendition of Yun from a couple different light sources (and a chipped and stained counter which refuses to come clean).

I actually handpainted this one myself (which accounts for the crappy quality) because my girlfriend wanted to go to a place called Art Attack! and I didn't see something I wanted to paint at the price I wanted. I had already pained a few Iron Man helmets, and there was this cool Hulk looking one, but I didn't want to pay 35 bucks plus studio fees to do it.

As you can see I screwed up the color design by giving the wall penguin some white in there instead of its universal pink, but since the ridge was defined I decided that it couldn't just be pink. I also had to color a bowtie, which is something Yun clearly doesn't have in the manga. But I did try to get the pink circle on his stomach right (and failed) and I tried my best to give him those pink facial markings. All in all it isn't bad and it holds change. It's not a collectible by any standard, but I enjoyed doing it. At least I wasn't that guy trying to somehow make a three headed monster inspired by Darkhawk of all characters.

~~~~~

And to answer a couple posts now...

Quote Originally Posted by say-and-sing View Post
    The big figures look nice, especially Wolverine + bike .
    The shirts look really, really awful.
    And at least they put in an invisible jet and did not leave it to your imagination.

So when will we get to see a picture of you, all suited up with those pins like an upper-class-DC-salesman?
    lol I'm actually not partial to taking pictures of myself.

And yeah, some of the shirts are a lot of fun and some feel like Target brand license shirts or something. When they have Funko shirts I like them, though.

Just signed up so I'll get gurdians when it comes out. I'm really back and fourth about the wonderwoman one from dc though
    I'm going to get the Wonder Woman one. The nice part is that you can probably still get your hands on this after they ship because of the unsent stuff. So if you want you can just wait to see what I get in the box and decide after if you want it.

一百万年白日梦冰蚕(1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm)
    四十万年冰玉皇帝蝎子(400,000 Years Ice Jade Emperor Scorpion Hyotei)
    七十万年冰天堂雪女雪雪皇帝(700,000 Years Ice Heavenly Snow Woman 'Snow Emperor' Xue Nu)

十万年八角神秘冰厂(100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant)
    三十万年冰熊国王小白(300,000 Years Ice Bear King Xiao Bai)
    十万年海美人公主李雅(100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Li Ya)
    七十万年恶魔皇帝(700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor)

Limit Individual, 'The strength to move unhindered throughout the world'

Quote Originally Posted by Chen Xin View Post

It was that or another rendition of an Iron Man helmet. And I have like... six.

Will you smash it when you saved enough coins?

Quote Originally Posted by Chen Xin View Post
    Will you smash it when you saved enough coins?
    Can't. The fucker's Safe Zone prevents me from even seeing it when I'm looking for cash on his insides.

Maybe I'll start posting some of my collectables. I need a nice camera first though.

Maybe I'll start posting some of my collectables. I need a nice camera first though.
    Having a shit camera hasn't stopped me.

Just ordered Marvel's Super Hero Showdown really liked the shirt. It's taking longer I thought to come in 4 days of processing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Having a shit camera hasn't stopped me.
    Well I would've said I had no camera, but then people always go "what about your phone" and I don't like explaining not everyone has one lol.

Just ordered Marvel's Super Hero Showdown really liked the shirt. It's taking longer I thought to come in 4 days of processing.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I would've said I had no camera, but then people always go "what about your phone" and I don't like explaining not everyone has one lol.
    It always takes longer than you think it should. Trust me. lol

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

I quit updating this because of the larger figurine thread. Just felt weird to have two.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post

I quit updating this because of the larger figurine thread. Just felt weird to have two.
    this will be the "force Mak to buy these figs" thread

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

this will be the "force Mak to buy these figs" thread
    Maybe I'll update this thread so as not to pollute the other thread since figures seem to make up the minority of shit I post here.