Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Mak's Collection of Crap

So I finally broke down a few weeks back and jumped onto the Collector Corps. wagon.

Today I finally got it in. The theme? Women of Power.

Came in with some decent stuff. Unfortunately I promised the shirt away to my girlfriend.

Gonna see if I can get some pics up

Boxes of Crap: (Click on the Subject to see it!)

Women of Power

Spider-Man

DC Legacy

X-Men

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Women of DC

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Wonder Woman

Superhero Showdown!

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Batman: The Animated Series

First Appearance: Avengers (Coming soon!)

Thor: Ragnarok (Coming soon!)

Hulk (Not received)

Whatever is Next

Other Crap:

Superman

Yun...Sorta
    Last edited by Makenzye; 10-20-2017 at 03:15 AM.

Women of Power

Here's the box proper. It's actually a pretty cool looking box, but it's not as big as I thought. Just a bit longer than a comic.

The interior of the box is pretty cool. I love some of the samplings of comic panels from across Marvel's many years. Full interior with all stuff removed also pretty sharp with keeping the theme of random panels of super women. I think I would have enjoyed it more if they had an artist just draw all of the women for this. But it's pretty nice to see some of the older drawings which tend to be forgotten.

Here are the gifts from the top of the box, but in the right direction now. I'm not a huge fan of the pin, but that might because I really dislike Jessica Drew. But that Ms. Marvel Iron On is BOSS. Wish I had the balls and the threads to rock it.

This here is the shirt. It's actually a gray outline of Spider-Gwen that says "Spider-Gwen" at the bottom. It's freaking cool looking, but I gave this to my girlfriend and she didn't want me to open it up for you guys.

This is the comic it came with. Just a reprinting of the first issue of Civil War II I think, I haven't opened it. But if you'll notice, I probably won't like this. Why? VARIANT COVER! I mean it's cool to get a comic truly exclusive outside of comic shops getting fucked over, and it fits the whole theme of the box in general, so maybe I give this one a pass. An aside, how bizarre is it for Captain Marvel to team up with her old Ms. Marvel self? Sans mask nonetheless! I really think it would've been better to put Kamala or the Wasp. Heck, take out old Ms. Marvel AND Elektra and put those two in! Tigra would've been acceptable as well. Or She-Hulk or something. Especially as She-Hulk is super important in this issue and Valkyrie and Elektra aren't in it at all. Just my two cents.

A couple of Bobble Heads of She-Hulk and Captain Marvel (durr). Out of the box, Captain Marvel has some clearish energy bolts going on. All in all, they're pretty cool. inb4 Bobble Joke for these two.

The Coup de Grace of this box. This is a Funko Pop affiliated shipment, so of course the big draw is the Funko Pop Vinyl figure. This month is Squirrel Girl and her squirrel Tippy Toe (Monkey Joe RIP). Unfortunately I think I damaged Tippy Toe's head, because it's just loose on her now and that's pretty much the only position I could get the head to stay upright in.

And there you go. More crap to add to my ever growing addiction.
    Last edited by Makenzye; 03-07-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Women of Power

Here's the box proper. It's actually a pretty cool looking box, but it's not as big as I thought. Just a bit longer than a comic.

The interior of the box is pretty cool. I love some of the samplings of comic panels from across Marvel's many years. Full interior with all stuff removed also pretty sharp with keeping the theme of random panels of super women. I think I would have enjoyed it more if they had an artist just draw all of the women for this. But it's pretty nice to see some of the older drawings which tend to be forgotten.

Here are the gifts from the top of the box, but in the right direction now. I'm not a huge fan of the pin, but that might because I really dislike Jessica Drew. But that Ms. Marvel Iron On is BOSS. Wish I had the balls and the threads to rock it.

This here is the shirt. It's actually a gray outline of Spider-Gwen that says "Spider-Gwen" at the bottom. It's freaking cool looking, but I gave this to my girlfriend and she didn't want me to open it up for you guys.

This is the comic it came with. Just a reprinting of the first issue of Civil War II I think, I haven't opened it. But if you'll notice, I probably won't like this. Why? VARIANT COVER! I mean it's cool to get a comic truly exclusive outside of comic shops getting fucked over, and it fits the whole theme of the box in general, so maybe I give this one a pass. An aside, how bizarre is it for Captain Marvel to team up with her old Ms. Marvel self? Sans mask nonetheless! I really think it would've been better to put Kamala or the Wasp. Heck, take out old Ms. Marvel AND Elektra and put those two in! Tigra would've been acceptable as well. Or She-Hulk or something. Especially as She-Hulk is super important in this issue and Valkyrie and Elektra aren't in it at all. Just my two cents.

A couple of Bobble Heads of She-Hulk and Captain Marvel (durr). Out of the box, Captain Marvel has some clearish energy bolts going on. All in all, they're pretty cool. inb4 Bobble Joke for these two.

The Coup de Grace of this box. This is a Funko Pop affiliated shipment, so of course the big draw is the Funko Pop Vinyl figure. This month is Squirrel Girl and her squirrel Tippy Toe (Monkey Joe RIP). Unfortunately I think I damaged Tippy Toe's head, because it's just loose on her now and that's pretty much the only position I could get the head to stay upright in.

And there you go. More crap to add to my ever growing addiction.
    No matching Penance figure?
    Last edited by Makenzye; 03-07-2017 at 05:38 PM.
    Because of you

families can get their child the cancer treatment need without worrying about how to pay for it. Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food. They can provide free housing to families, so kids aren't stuck in a hospital room while receiving the best cancer care.

DONATE HERE
    https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/...4262&pID=24671
    -------------------------
    I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ST. JUDE CHILDRENS RESEARCH HOSPITAL

how much total

Quote Originally Posted by V View Post
    how much total
    Tax included it was 31 USD plus some change. They'll tell you there's at least 50 dollars worth of stuff per box, but I haven't price checked it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 1825 days View Post
    No matching Penance figure?
    lol That would've been hilarious.

Tax included it was 31 USD plus some change. They'll tell you there's at least 50 dollars worth of stuff per box, but I haven't price checked it.

- - - Updated - - -

lol That would've been hilarious.
    I guess they couldn't make room in the box because it wasn't

Deep enough
    Because of you

families can get their child the cancer treatment need without worrying about how to pay for it. Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food. They can provide free housing to families, so kids aren't stuck in a hospital room while receiving the best cancer care.

DONATE HERE

Quote Originally Posted by 1825 days View Post
    I guess they couldn't make room in the box because it wasn't

Deep enough

Spider-Man

Another box!

This one celebrates everybody's favorite wall crawler: The Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man!

Beautiful box like last time. I assume the "scuff look" might be from transport, but I like to believe it's a style meant to represent newspapers or something.

The inside of this box is like the last box with having a varied set of panels concerning the theme. Love it.

The pin and patch like the last box. Love that pin. It's sharp and recognizable without being too busy.

Here's the variant Funko themed comic that is a staple of any box. It's okay. You guys know my feelings on variant covers, though this is pretty okay since it comes with other stuff. I guess.

So here's the inside of the box sans comic and insert.

Here is the box empty, following the panel theme.

Here's the "clothing piece" little Funko Pop hat. The inside of the brim is a bright red that repeats Funko andMarvel a lot. It's pretty cool looking.

Here's the little guide map that talks about the thoughts of the curators.

Here's the "second figure feature" of a huge Fabrikation of Spidey himself. It's feet are flat and the head rotates. It's pretty fuzzy. I expect to lose this to my girlfriend when she sees this.

Alright. What you've all been waiting for (At least I do). Here's the new Funko Pop Vinyl exclusive to this box. From the package alone it is a world better than the original Spidey Pop.

Here's an extra large shot of the figure outside the package. It's a pretty piece to say the least. The color is great, the posture is great, and the stance is just classic Spider-Man. I'm a bit torn on having the stand. On one hand it makes it lose a little bit of its whimsical nature and turns it into something "classier," but at the same time this will make it a mess ton easier to keep standing. I swear I have to restand these things more often than I should.

Here he is from behind. Go ahead and make your jokes.

So here's the whole haul. The pin, patch, insert, comic, clothing piece, secondary figure, and primary Pop.

All in all, I have to say this is probably a superior piece to the last "Women of Power." The Fabrikation is just sharp, and I get to keep the hat. The much better than original Spider-Man Pop really just makes it for me.

Last edited by Makenzye; 03-07-2017 at 05:40 PM.

King of Explodo-Kills DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Weird how the box is my favourite part of that set.

I can easily see why. To me the box is just perfect, like the Spider-Gwen of last time.

I despise these POP things but the box set is really nice

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

I have a sickness, @Void;. I love them.

I'm not hating on you getting them as I have my own sickness but I just despise the line itself.

But can you hate this one? @Void;
    Darwyn Cooke's Superman from The New Frontier

Superman from Darwyn Cooke's "DC: The New Frontier" People can say what they want, I actually enjoyed that peel logo of DC's for a bit.

Top and back of box. The back is notable for featuring lesser versions of Superman in design and heart.

The inside of the box was a styrofoam prison. But much like the cars and military foam Batman tried to pin Superman under, it only lasted a few seconds.

DC was nice enough to throw in snacks. Tasted pretty bad though. Gave me a dry throat.

Here's the base. A solid Superman "S" with rivets to drive home the "Man of Steel" part. Hand written number from factory showing me this was the 848'th they made some guy paint by hand.

And here we are. Classic, but not universally classic, Superman flight pose. While this isn't his arm tucked in or two fists out, I actually prefer this flight pose. This pose works especially well with the artistic retro design of Superman. It elicts something of an old silver plane from the era. Slick and filled while still aerodynamic. This costume is one of the best Superman costumes and really draws in the wrestling inspiration superhero costumes come from. The shorts aren't just underwear and the clothes aren't just painted on Superman. You can see they are clothes which would ruffle around and stretch, and he's a person in them. I have always loved that about Cooke's work.

Backview. The cape is just great. So is that hair.

Here's a sideview with the snacks and the Spider-Man box in the background. Look at the hands. They're not just some plastic whatsits you normally see on this. They look like hands. Dimension, bend, indents. You can see Supe's head and neck fit better in the pose while his chest puffs out with pride. It almost looks like he's diving (which is actually how some comic book artists would base flying poses)

The best part. The face. I've said it before and I will say it until the day I get Alzheimer's and/or die: Darwyn was one of the masters of drawing character and emotion. Here you see Superman as an optimistic, confident, and forward looking. He's got real charm to him. This isn't a Superman terse with the problems of his time (and he had several), or worried of what's to come. He faced it knowing that the future with the promise of the great things to come. He knew that even with the ticking of the Doomsday clock and the resurgence of villains, that these problems could be faced, that they could be beaten, and that they could not snuff out hope.

This Superman rallied the heroes and a nation in a time of great divide. He pulled them together for a threat that even though he didn't get to fight it, it was his influence which forced the heroes to hold out and fight on.
    Last edited by Makenzye; 03-07-2017 at 05:41 PM.

No, the face is hilarious. It looks like he's about to drop bombs on people

But can you hate this one? @Void;
    Darwyn Cooke's Superman from The New Frontier

Superman from Darwyn Cooke's "DC: The New Frontier" People can say what they want, I actually enjoyed that peel logo of DC's for a bit.

Top and back of box. The back is notable for featuring lesser versions of Superman in design and heart.

The inside of the box was a styrofoam prison. But much like the cars and military foam Batman tried to pin Superman under, it only lasted a few seconds.

DC was nice enough to throw in snacks. Tasted pretty bad though. Gave me a dry throat.

Here's the base. A solid Superman "S" with rivets to drive home the "Man of Steel" part. Hand written number from factory showing me this was the 848'th they made some guy paint by hand.

And here we are. Classic, but not universally classic, Superman flight pose. While this isn't his arm tucked in or two fists out, I actually prefer this flight pose. This pose works especially well with the artistic retro design of Superman. It elicts something of an old silver plane from the era. Slick and filled while still aerodynamic. This costume is one of the best Superman costumes and really draws in the wrestling inspiration superhero costumes come from. The shorts aren't just underwear and the clothes aren't just painted on Superman. You can see they are clothes which would ruffle around and stretch, and he's a person in them. I have always loved that about Cooke's work.

Backview. The cape is just great. So is that hair.

Here's a sideview with the snacks and the Spider-Man box in the background. Look at the hands. They're not just some plastic whatsits you normally see on this. They look like hands. Dimension, bend, indents. You can see Supe's head and neck fit better in the pose while his chest puffs out with pride. It almost looks like he's diving (which is actually how some comic book artists would base flying poses)

The best part. The face. I've said it before and I will say it until the day I get Alzheimer's and/or die: Darwyn was one of the masters of drawing character and emotion. Here you see Superman as an optimistic, confident, and forward looking. He's got real charm to him. This isn't a Superman terse with the problems of his time (and he had several), or worried of what's to come. He faced it knowing that the future with the promise of the great things to come. He knew that even with the ticking of the Doomsday clock and the resurgence of villains, that these problems could be faced, that they could be beaten, and that they could not snuff out hope.

This Superman rallied the heroes and a nation in a time of great divide. He pulled them together for a threat that even though he didn't get to fight it, it was his influence which forced the heroes to hold out and fight on.
    Holy shit its Dean Cain
    Last edited by Makenzye; 03-07-2017 at 05:41 PM.
    Because of you

DONATE HERE

Holy shit, it does look like Crazy Cain.

DC Legacy

Here's the pretty box with a small ding in the front of it and a map of the Alola region in the background on top of a box of rocks which has specific instructions which ones I can taste and not taste.

Some nice Silver Age looking art, though the Wonder Woman one I swear was made just FOR this box. Must've been a cover pose.

Here's the patch and pin. I haven't used any of these, and I definitely don't plan on starting by using Green Arrow.

Here's the comic it came with complete with requisite Funko Pop cover design. I have feelings about variant covers, so I'm always a tad conflicted when I look at these.

Here's a really shitty picture of the shirts you could get with this box. I unfortunately got Ace.

Here's the "second item" you get with these boxes. A set of Salt and Pepper Shakers. Still in the box because my cats would blast this stuff right off the counter if given a chance.

I really like how Batman is detailed as the "Salt" side. That describes him perfectly. A salty guy.

The star of the box. Eel O'Brien aka Plas aka Plastic Man!

Outta the box!

Next to his former prison.

I thought it was sorta odd how detailed they were with his butt.

The whole haul.

So concludes the first Legion of Collectors box I got. All in all it wasn't bad.

Mak, you're 30+ years old.

一百万年白日梦冰蚕(1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm)
    四十万年冰玉皇帝蝎子(400,000 Years Ice Jade Emperor Scorpion Hyotei)
    七十万年冰天堂雪女雪雪皇帝(700,000 Years Ice Heavenly Snow Woman 'Snow Emperor' Xue Nu)

十万年八角神秘冰厂(100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant)
    三十万年冰熊国王小白(300,000 Years Ice Bear King Xiao Bai)
    十万年海美人公主李雅(100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Li Ya)
    七十万年恶魔皇帝(700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor)

Limit Individual, 'The strength to move unhindered throughout the world'