Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would've been way better if it said, "Alcohol, Cannabis Indica, Chloroform, Morphia, Sulph, and other natural flavors."
    I wonder how badly this concoction was abused.
    No.​

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    I wonder how badly this concoction was abused.
    As most of those are controlled substances? We can bet it was something severe.

I'm not a magician, babe Wiskodeh's Avatar
    wait, I have to join a group to take part in the thread right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskodeh View Post
    wait, I have to join a group to take part in the thread right?

The group is so you'll be mentioned. I recommend joining the group.
    No.​

I'm not a magician, babe Wiskodeh's Avatar
    The group is so you'll be mentioned. I recommend joining the group.
    Sent

The worst part is these syryps were given to young children and made them addicted since a young age.

Well today people still abuse cought syrup(especially rappers).That shit is called "lean" or Purple Drank,Sizzurp,Purple Tonic.It grew to fame in Houston,Texas and later spread in all of the US.

@Pimp of Pimps @Perun @White @Makenzye @Ichiryuu @Nekochako @Crispickle @Wiskodeh @Juan @Emperor Whitebeard;

After the atomic bombs dropped on Japan, 13% of americans wanted to "kill off" the entire japanese people and after the war ended, 22% wished more bombs were dropped.

Well every nation has one side of people that demand more blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Whitebeard View Post
    After the atomic bombs dropped on Japan, 13% of americans wanted to "kill off" the entire japanese people and after the war ended, 22% wished more bombs were dropped.
    It's really sad, but this is the darker side of human nature. Without a certain type of education and experience in life, it's very easy to 'authorize' people.
    No.​

@Pimp of Pimps @Perun @White @Makenzye @Ichiryuu @Nekochako @Crispickle @Wiskodeh @Juan @Emperor Whitebeard;

Are you guys doing any historical readings right now? I just got a book about the Ottomans, pretty interesting. Since I'mso interested in Islamic history, I've often neglected European or Western history. But I see now that from the 1400s onwards Islamic and Western history is very, very closely linked. So I've been inspired to learn more about Western history from that period onwards.

No.​

It's really sad, but this is the darker side of human nature. Without a certain type of education and experience in life, it's very easy to 'authorize' people.
    Good thing the overwhelming majority was against it.

Are you guys doing any historical readings right now? I just got a book about the Ottomans, pretty interesting. Since I'mso interested in Islamic history, I've often neglected European or Western history. But I see now that from the 1400s onwards Islamic and Western history is very, very closely linked. So I've been inspired to learn more about Western history from that period onwards.

Ottoman history is very interesting, however you shouldn't neglect western history.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Whitebeard View Post
    Ottoman history is very interesting, however you shouldn't neglect western history.
    Yup. As the world is so interconnected, we should learn about history of various places.
    No.​

1200px-Vincenzo_Camuccini_-_La_morte_di_Cesare.jpg

As of today, in 44 BC, Julius Ceasar, one of the most influential men in history was assassinated.

What do you think about him?
    Last edited by Whitebeard; 03-15-2018 at 03:50 PM.

One of the biggest conquers in history,although the constant war with the Roman senate costed him his life.He was too much power greedy.

Map of his expansion of Roman empire.

In 1480, after Skanderbeg's death, Mehmed the Conqueror had secured a favourable position in the Adriatic by finally capturing Albania and its strategic coastal cities along the Adriatic. An expedition was launched led by Gedik Ahmed Pasha. The ottoman fleet sailed through the Otranto Canal and attacked the city of Otranto which fell to the ottoman forces. 800 citizens that were captured were all executed. Although christian sources say this was because they refused conversion to Islam, modern scholars have challenged this notion saying that the reasons were merely punitive.

Nevertheless, this alarmed the christian states and plans were made to evacuate Rome if need be. The Pope called for a crusade and all the italian states except Venice responded. Hungary joined too. In 1481, Alfonso of Naples led the crusader force to Otranto. Mehmed II had just died so the ottoman fleet did not send reinforcements or supplies to the city which fell the same year. If Mehmed had not died that year, things might have been very different. This was the first time ottoman troops attempted a full scale attack on Italian soil. A second attempt was made by Suleiman the Magnificent in 1537, but his french allies were having trouble against the nothern italian states so the joint attack was abandoned.

The mongol invasion of Genghis Khan is the only event in history that impacted the environment in a significant way. The mongols killed so many people, they lowered the CO2 levels in the atmosphere by 700 million tons. No other disaster had achieved this (The plague, Fall of the Ming Dynasty, etc...) The mongol invasion is also responsible for the destruction of the Baghdad Library, which held precious knowledge collected from all corners of the known world. The mongols killed so many people in Baghdad that it is said that river Tigris turned red from all the blood spilled. They penetrated deep into Europe too, reaching present day Romania and Poland. An expedtion reached as far as southern Serbia and Albanian Alps.

Today, 16 million people can claim direct descendancy from Genghis Khan himself, because of how many women he slept with. The first army to defeat the mongol invaders in an open battle were the Mameluks of Egypt, near present day Syria in the 1300s.
    Last edited by Whitebeard; 03-17-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Incans didn't really have prisons because they either removed the hands and feet of offenders or pushed them off a cliff.

A wrong popular belief is that Alexander the Great's army was homogenously greek. In fact, it was a multinational fighting force from all of southern Balkans. Macedonians, corinthians, thracians and even former enemies of the Macedonians, the illyrians were part of this army. Other troops came from the southern greek city states.

Nevertheless, racism was widespread in the army. Greeks considered macedonians as semi barbarian and their language weird; macedonians considered greeks as too "soft." Both of them called the illyrians and thracian as barbarians and their language completely alien to the greeks, only being part of the army because of theur renowned cavalry and fighting skills. Through his excellent leadership, Alexander was able to extinguish the conflicts among the finest warriors in the world and with them, he conquered most of the known world until then.

Yeah it was well know that Roman and Greeks called people from other nations of that time barbarians,because they view themselfs as the founders of the civilization,while others were shit to them.It funny that Romans only loved Greeks and later on stole their Greek culture(for example their gods).