Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about Captain America?
    He'd actually make a perfect Cap villain. Even though Cap semi-commonly deals with stolen identities, the Chameleon would work perfectly for him.

@Makenzye; seen a guy claimed Ultron has taken down Thanos in some timelines, how did he do it?

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    @Makenzye; seen a guy claimed Ultron has taken down Thanos in some timelines, how did he do it?
    I'm not exactly sure about which fight this is, but I'm going to assume basically armoring and upgrading his firepower way past most incarnations.

Ultron's motif more or less is just dying against something and then rebuilding himself to combat that sort of threat. Kang found out what happens when Ultron reaches a certain point in design and broke the timestream trying to defeat Ultron, who ultimately had to pretend to lose so the universe didn't end. One of the options lightly considered for fighting Ultron at that point was using the Ultimate Nullifier (though Stark gave that a hard pass). I can't see Ultron really doing something other than just building himself up a powerful robotic army and personal assault body to fight Thanos. Unless this was some sort of alternate universe where Ultron was still in charge of the Phalanx and thus had a few more options at his disposal, though the methods would still be largely the same.

I'd laugh my ass off if it were just his Encephalo Ray that a writer finally remembered to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Hawkeye
    How do you like MCU hawkeye? He isn't as funny as in earth mightiest heroes cartoon.

In fact actually, if you have time and want to.
    For all major MCU heroes and villains, can you give them a grade out of 10 in term of adaption. With same comments. Do a few at a time since it is sort of daunting task. Thank.

Quote Originally Posted by Listen, buddy View Post
    How do you like MCU hawkeye? He isn't as funny as in earth mightiest heroes cartoon.

In fact actually, if you have time and want to.
    For all major MCU heroes and villains, can you give them a grade out of 10 in term of adaption. With same comments. Do a few at a time since it is sort of daunting task. Thank.
    Moved this, hope you don't mind.

MCU Hawkeye has been up and down for me. I get the feeling the studio wanted a "classic" leaning lineup and just shoved him in there. Especially in Avengers 2 where they wanted him to operate as sort of the team's heart and it just fell flat. Civil War did a better job, but still fell a bit short for me.

MCU Villains?

Iron Monger: 8/10. But I think it's mostly due to Jeff Bridges.
    Whiplash: 4/10. This was such a weird fusion between the Crimson Dynamo and Whiplash and I just felt sort of floundered.
    Mandarin: 7/10. This will be unpopular, but co-opting a cultural idea and manipulating it to become something advantageous is pretty much the most Mandarin ever.
    Abomination: 6/10. I sorta like him I guess.
    Loki: 9/10. Speaks for itself, really.
    Destroyer: 3/10. No character and little presence? Not a great combo.
    Malekith: 5/10. Sorta was okay.
    Collector: 8/10. Loved the whole non-normal form of being a villain.
    Surtur: 7/10. Enjoyed the oddity and humor.
    Hela: 6/10. Cate did a good job, but Hela just didn't have much to her other than, "I am strong. Good luck."
    Red Skull: 6/10. Hugo could've done better, and so could've Marvel.
    Bucky: 8/10. Good job on him as a menacing presence.
    Hydra: 10/10. I tried to give it a 5, but then two more took its place and gave it a 10.
    Baron Zemo: 0/10. I honestly forgot who the villain of Civil War was for a moment. Thunderbolt was a better villain, but he wasn't really one.
    Baron Mordo: 6/10. He was there.
    Dormammu: 8/10. Pure spectacle and humor really did it for me. The presence he commanded when Dr. Strange knew he couldn't just out magic his way and needed to stave him off worked for me.
    Yellowjacket: 7/10. Iron Monger Mark II.
    Black Goliath (Why?): 5/10. I was indifferent, and really just more thrown off that Marvel made a hero the villain to facilitate the other villain working at all.
    Ghost: 6/10. Sympathetic to some level, but I really enjoyed the concept more than the execution. A shame, because I love him (in the comics) as an Iron Man villain.
    Killmonger: 9/10. A villain that represents the problem the hero sort of was propagating and used as a cudgel to completely alter how the hero not only perceives the world, but alter the very dynamic of national goings on? Damn.
    Vulture: 8/10. Mostly sold by Keaton's performance, but I really just enjoyed the uniqueness of a Spidey villain who wasn't the fucking Green Goblin. It also was a different breed of villain who just came from an odd walk of life.
    Ronan: 4/10. The Accuser deserved better.
    Ego: 4/10. Ego let me down.
    Ultron: 3/10. Ultron is one of my favorite comic villains and he just fell so damn flat to me.

Villains?
    Heroes and some major support characters too if you don't mind.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and you meant the Grand Master not the Collector.

- - - Updated - - -

Grandmaster.

Heroes and some major support characters too if you don't mind.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and you meant the Grand Master not the Collector.

- - - Updated - - -

Grandmaster.
    Damn. You're right. The Grand Master.

Kaecilius isn't in the comic?

can you link me all the necessary "doomsday clock" main stories? I have a 550 issue long list for basicaly the entire Rebirth sidestories as well and are way too far behind right now. But I heard things are moving in the main story

Can you link ALL of the main stories lets say...after mr mxyziptik vs superman? Doesnt matter if its Action Comics, Detective Comics, Rebirth Issues etc. I just want to know where to put my focus when I follow my massive list

Kaecilius isn't in the comic?
    He is. But he's radically different.

He is. But he's radically different.
    I know you have a lot of questions already. But whenever you have time to write. I read all of it.
    I have seen most of the Netflix series and somewhat of agent of shields too so if you do those too. I am able to follow.
    though lol, take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    can you link me all the necessary "doomsday clock" main stories? I have a 550 issue long list for basicaly the entire Rebirth sidestories as well and are way too far behind right now. But I heard things are moving in the main story

Can you link ALL of the main stories lets say...after mr mxyziptik vs superman? Doesnt matter if its Action Comics, Detective Comics, Rebirth Issues etc. I just want to know where to put my focus when I follow my massive list
    There's only a few. You mentioned one, and the other dealt with Flash and Batman. And operated more as a hint than anything else. Though it did feature something which was both electrifying and saddening for me.

You can get away entirely without those, but I'll send them to you anyway.

Doomsday Clock itself is following the old Marvel pattern of, "Whenever the fuck we want to release it."

There's only a few. You mentioned one, and the other dealt with Flash and Batman. And operated more as a hint than anything else. Though it did feature something which was both electrifying and saddening for me.

You can get away entirely without those, but I'll send them to you anyway.

Doomsday Clock itself is following the old Marvel pattern of, "Whenever the fuck we want to release it."
    Nice, thanks.

@Makenzye;

when should i read the doomsday clock series? I am done with the button and also lazarus contract.

should I go into DK metal followed by super sons of tomorrow first or can i read doomsday clock completely apart from the main issues?

also when should I read batmans wedding issues?

I use this spreadsheet for orientation:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=609998967

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    What did you think about Odin and the Aasgardians in the MCU. How much did they differentiate from Comic book Asgardians.
    ​​

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Master of Ceremonies Millennium Creed's Avatar
    What’s a common misconception about comics?

Who made the m'kraan crystal?
    Reading One Piece, Toriko , Holy Land, Solo Leveling, Dr Stone//

Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    @Makenzye;

when should i read the doomsday clock series? I am done with the button and also lazarus contract.

should I go into DK metal followed by super sons of tomorrow first or can i read doomsday clock completely apart from the main issues?

also when should I read batmans wedding issues?

I use this spreadsheet for orientation:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=609998967
    Any order is fine. You don't really need to read one to read the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    What did you think about Odin and the Aasgardians in the MCU. How much did they differentiate from Comic book Asgardians.
    I didn't mind them any more than the comic versions. But the version differences were pretty large.

Quote Originally Posted by Millennium Creed View Post
    What’s a common misconception about comics?
    They're kid's stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by D View Post
    Who made the m'kraan crystal?
    Legend has it being the first object to form in existence behind the universe itself. If it was created by a race it was created by an unknown species as far as I can remember.