Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 341
  1. #21
    There's the door Spaceman Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Comics seem to be breaking lots of taboos.
    They even broke the taboo of cheating on your boyfriend when Clea did the horizontal tango with Benjamin Franklin when she and Dr. Strange went back through time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why?



    I liked Luke Cage just fine for a long time until Marvel decided he needed to be part of the central universe there for some reason. Bendis I could really read anything in it with him without rolling my eyes. He went from a Blaxploitation character who was growing to just becoming a stereotypical loud mouthed black guy with zero character.

    The only cool thing he probably said in the past 16 years is when he threatened Wolverine who stabbed Spidey, "I don't care how strong your bones are. They'll break."

  2. #22
    That one Japanese guy Featherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Denmark/Japan
    Posts
    7,016
    Who are the 3 most underrated Comic book

    heroes
    villains
    characters in general


  3. #23
    Banned Spade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only cool thing he probably said in the past 16 years is when he threatened Wolverine who stabbed Spidey, "I don't care how strong your bones are. They'll break."
    Well, did they?

    And what issue was this?

  4. #24
    There's the door Spaceman Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Featherine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who are the 3 most underrated Comic book

    heroes
    villains
    characters in general
    I'll go from a strictly mainstream standpoint who show up in comics semi-regularly but don't get enough attention from the greater community either due to lack of movie exposure, or lack of advertising on Marvel's/DC's part.

    Heroes
    Moon Knight

    Spectrum

    And for some reason I always think up Hourman every once in the while as an underrated hero

    I can honestly go on for days, but sometimes I have a hard time determining whether some heroes are just too obscure to make the cut or not or if I just perceive it incorrectly. Like I don't think Power Girl gets enough love, but she has her own Funko Pop and has led the Justice Society for a long time before the New 52, and has quite a few minis now. I have a soft spot for Sandy, but there's no way he qualifies more than where he is. Booster Gold is gaining tread. Elongated Man is sort of hard to really care for. Plastic Man is pretty popular in some ways. Etc. etc.

    Villains
    This one is even HARDER

    Kang the Conqueror. A huge villain favorite for storied comic veterans. Unfortunately the most interesting villain the Avengers will ever fight on the big screen (aside from Thanos) was the letdown of Ultron. A shame, because it would have been Ultron had it been Kang on the screen. lol

    The Mandarin. Primarily an Iron Man foe. One of the greats.

    .... You know what? I'll go full ham for the last one. Gentleman Ghost.


    Characters

    In general?

    Mostly side characters to a lot of stories. Duane the liason of the Avengers was a great character nobody will ever know. Everybody will know Mary Jane, Lois Lane, Snapper Carr, Jimmy Olsen, etc. But nobody is going to ever remember the guy who got up into Thor's face and threatened Iron Man with the truth, and made them BOTH relent. Over the decades there have been several great side characters and people will just forget/never know them, no matter how long they were part of a team.


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, did they?

    And what issue was this?
    Somewhere in the first run of New Avengers.

    Luke Cage never got a chance to try. The fight was broken up.

    It was basically a pissing contest between Spider-Man and Wolverine, two characters who didn't really get along to begin with, tossed in with Wolverine flirting with MJ, tossed in with both characters being morons.

  5. #25
    will you give me a chronological reading order for marvel and dcs main storylines?

  6. #26
    There's the door Spaceman Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,037
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenSupreme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    will you give me a chronological reading order for marvel and dcs main storylines?
    I think we have a different understanding of "main storylines." Give me an idea of what you're looking for or consider a "main storyline"?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we have a different understanding of "main storylines." Give me an idea of what you're looking for or consider a "main storyline"?
    eh. i will come back when i understand what i may not understand..thought its: 1970s comics stories name X to 2016 comic stories named Y

  8. #28
    There's the door Spaceman Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,037
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenSupreme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    eh. i will come back when i understand what i may not understand..thought its: 1970s comics stories name X to 2016 comic stories named Y
    I mean like: Big events, certain characters, themes within comics, that sort of thing.

    Because Marvel alone has over 10k characters and DC has even more than that. I could be here the rest of my life detailing what they've done. I could spend a long time just detailing team ups within their universes.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean like: Big events, certain characters, themes within comics, that sort of thing.

    Because Marvel alone has over 10k characters and DC has even more than that. I could be here the rest of my life detailing what they've done.
    no. only the big events. when i read big events there always is "read this side issue" comments at the end of the comic right?

  10. #30
    There's the door Spaceman Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,037
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenSupreme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no. only the big events. when i read big events there always is "read this side issue" comments at the end of the comic right?
    Mention me later and I can give you a detailed lay out for this.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mention me later and I can give you a detailed lay out for this.
    will do thanks.

  12. #32
    White gold Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    42,968
    Is Thanos the strongest Marvel villain?

  13. #33
    Can you rank the marvel movie villains strongest to weakest?

  14. #34
    The King. Nordlending's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,281
    What's the hero community (in comic) view on the X-men, and how do they work with team's such as Avengers/Fantastic 4?
    The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

  15. #35
    There's the door Spaceman Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,037
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenSupreme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    will do thanks.
    I need to do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Thanos the strongest Marvel villain?
    No. But he's among the most dangerous.

    Quote Originally Posted by V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you rank the marvel movie villains strongest to weakest?
    This is more or less open to some interpretation I've always felt. Thanos will be the top, probably followed by Nightmare, followed by Ronan, then Kurse, Destroyer, Ultron, Iron Monger, Killian, Winter Soldier, Whiplash, and then the rest of Cap's villains.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the hero community (in comic) view on the X-men, and how do they work with team's such as Avengers/Fantastic 4?
    Before the last few years mutants and the greater superhero public crossed paths but stayed pretty separate. Mutants served as X-Men, some non mutants worked with the X-Men, but they stayed pretty separate.

    Recently the Avengers Unity squad has been introduced specifically to integrate mutants and their problems into the greater marvel universe.

  16. #36
    White gold Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    42,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I need to do this.



    No. But he's among the most dangerous.


    This is more or less open to some interpretation I've always felt. Thanos will be the top, probably followed by Nightmare, followed by Ronan, then Kurse, Destroyer, Ultron, Iron Monger, Killian, Winter Soldier, Whiplash, and then the rest of Cap's villains.



    Before the last few years mutants and the greater superhero public crossed paths but stayed pretty separate. Mutants served as X-Men, some non mutants worked with the X-Men, but they stayed pretty separate.

    Recently the Avengers Unity squad has been introduced specifically to integrate mutants and their problems into the greater marvel universe.
    hmm, I keep thinking he is, what would you say are the top five most iconic villains from both marvel and dc?

  17. #37
    Eyes Unclouded Myst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,777
    What is the best way to get into Comics?

  18. #38
    There's the door Spaceman Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hmm, I keep thinking he is, what would you say are the top five most iconic villains from both marvel and dc?
    Marvel: Doctor Doom, Thanos, Green Goblin, Red Skull, Magneto.
    DC: Joker, Lex Luthor, Darkseid, Deathstroke, Ra's Al Ghul. I'd almost throw Captain Cold or Brainiac in there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is the best way to get into Comics?
    Just pick up any comic you like the cover of. You'll find it's misleading, but the hard part is just starting. A great comic to start in would be Dofla's Ultimate Spider-Man. It gives you a crash course to plotting, pacing, and how superheroes work and find threats.

  19. #39
    Gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,328
    What is the most overrated comic book story of all time in your opinion and what is the most overhated?

  20. #40
    There's the door Spaceman Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is the most overrated comic book story of all time in your opinion and what is the most overhated?
    Joss Whedon's run on X-Men for most overrated run, Batman: Hush most overrated single story, and Superior Spider-Man for most over hated.



    Im tempted to say the first arc of the new Thor for most over hated. In fact, I will.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •