Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, but they want to take people's freedom away or have people give it to them willingly. Perfect for bolid's views.

Ah-ah!

If Crispy finds her ugly it's all over lol
    He'd fit into any of the dozen or so Marvel criminal organizations like the Secret Empire or the Serpent Society.

Martian Manhunter is weak to fire?

Also, how strong is Doctor Fate compared to the overall DC universe?

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Martian Manhunter is weak to fire?

Also, how strong is Doctor Fate compared to the overall DC universe?
    Yep, though the weakness fluctuates between ultra kyrptonite, psychic weakness, moderate weakness, fire that has to have special properties or "intent to burn," and just straight up non-effective.

Kind of depends on who wears the Helmet of Thoth/Fate/Nabu, as those who have held the mantle of Fate perform based on their experience and natural talent and how much Nabu helps/hinders them. But overall without a host? Doctor Fate is an incredibly powerful Lord of Order who has forced an unrestrained Spectre to use such powerful magic it required God himself to take notice, step in, and stop the Spirit of Vengeance. Keep in mind, in this same event, all magic users on earth concentrated their power into Captain Marvel (now Shazam) and that didn't push the Spectre nearly that hard. Though I call bullshit because that same event had Shazam (the real Shazam), prepping for a fight with the Spectre, trashing his ass, and then get jobbed like a fool without God stepping in.

And for context, since names mean jack shit, the Spectre is often considered the most powerful being in the DC universe. When Marvel and DC do crossover stuff, they tend to pair Spectre with the Living Tribunal. Though I wouldn't say the Spectre's power really goes that high up.

He possesses quite a bit of the same, "Leader of Magic," respect among the heroes you would see with Doctor Strange. But he's quite a bit more the de facto master as opposed to Doctor Strange who is titled as the master.

One more to add to the Martian and fire. Once it was explained as a subconscious fear placed in all Martians to keep them from reproducing, because fire made them reproduce once upon a time.

What is Tony Stark's relationship like to each of his parents?

Pretty stunted.

He was no fan of his father, but he misses his mother. The Maria Stark Foundation was named after his mom. @Void;

I see, I thought the movies weren't as accurate but I thought he at least was okay with his dad. I must've missed something.

- - - Updated - - -

What was the reason why he's not cool with daddy?

I see, I thought the movies weren't as accurate but I thought he at least was okay with his dad. I must've missed something.

- - - Updated - - -

What was the reason why he's not cool with daddy?
    Changes over the years. Once it was his dad who sent him away. Then once it was his dad was a raging alcoholic who beat the shit out of him. Other times it was just how much time his dad never spent with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Changes over the years. Once it was his dad who sent him away. Then once it was his dad was a raging alcoholic who beat the shit out of him. Other times it was just how much time his dad never spent with him.
    so it depends on who writes him huh?

What about the whole idolizing Cap thing, was that in the comics?

so it depends on who writes him huh?

What about the whole idolizing Cap thing, was that in the comics?
    Yeah. He idolized him. Lol

What are your thoughts on New 52 Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by ravemastersieg View Post
    What are your thoughts on New 52 Superman?
    I like the comic a whole lot, actually.

I like the comic a whole lot, actually.
    Never been a big fan of Supes, but I've enjoyed the New 52 version so far. Just getting back into comics, and it was one of the ones I chose. Seems like a lot of people hate on him because his personality is a bit different than his predecessors.

Personally, I like the change in attitude. Nice to know I'm not the only one

Never been a big fan of Supes, but I've enjoyed the New 52 version so far. Just getting back into comics, and it was one of the ones I chose. Seems like a lot of people hate on him because his personality is a bit different than his predecessors.

Personally, I like the change in attitude. Nice to know I'm not the only one
    OH! In my head you were talking Rebirth Superman.

OH! In my head you were talking Rebirth Superman.
    Lmao, yeah most people seemed to dislike New 52 Supes. I'm not that far yet, on Issue 9 I think. Also read a few of the Justice League issues and Action Comics.

I wanted a more simple comic while I read The Sandman. My main problem with New 52 Supes is how everything is so spread about between different series in an obvious money grabbing scheme. Had to find a site that had the reading order drawn up as to not get too confused

Lmao, yeah most people seemed to dislike New 52 Supes. I'm not that far yet, on Issue 9 I think. Also read a few of the Justice League issues and Action Comics.

I wanted a more simple comic while I read The Sandman. My main problem with New 52 Supes is how everything is so spread about between different series in an obvious money grabbing scheme. Had to find a site that had the reading order drawn up as to not get too confused
    Yeah, that was a big turn off in the New 52 in how Superman's primary tales were spread across three titles instead of just the standard two.

And then somewhere in there you're going to get Lois and Clark which details adventures of a different Superman altogether.

I don't know if I really cared too much for the New 52 Superman but I definitely didn't hate him. I found him to be a little boring I think. He wasn't god awful like everybody said, but he just seemed a little too "edgy" I guess for most Superman fans.

What are the ego and continuity stones? And what are they capable of?

I AM THROGG! THE TRUE KING IN THE NORTH!!!

@Makenzye; you said that you liked comics, what are your thoughts on the Watchmen comic?

Quote Originally Posted by COV View Post
    What are the ego and continuity stones? And what are they capable of?
    The Ego Gem is the final gem needed to resurrect Nemesis, the being the other Infinity Gems split from. It was only found in the Ultraverse and has never been brought up again.

The Continuity Stone, if I'm thinking correctly, is the Gem which popped up in a Deadpool comic book which allows him to perform a higher version of reality warping which hinges on our reality being able to rewrite whatever we want in comic books. Basically it gives him the tremendous power of "retcon."

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    @Makenzye; you said that you liked comics, what are your thoughts on the Watchmen comic?
    Other than being one of the unequivocal masterpieces of deconstruction and layered storytelling drawing in the modern themes while keeping a historical eye?

The Ego Gem is the final gem needed to resurrect Nemesis, the being the other Infinity Gems split from. It was only found in the Ultraverse and has never been brought up again.

The Continuity Stone, if I'm thinking correctly, is the Gem which popped up in a Deadpool comic book which allows him to perform a higher version of reality warping which hinges on our reality being able to rewrite whatever we want in comic books. Basically it gives him the tremendous power of "retcon."

Other than being one of the unequivocal masterpieces of deconstruction and layered storytelling drawing in the modern themes while keeping a historical eye?
    Interesting, I liked it for its unique style of comic book writing that seems to deviate from the normal writing and drawing style of other comic books, many of them have a lighter version while this one is very serious and "sorta" reflects what the history was at that time.

and Rorschach was my favorite character, because how I interpreted the meaning of this character is that there is no grey area for him, there is only good and evil, just as there is only black and white, he would not compromise in situations, even if the situation called for peace based on a lie.

Second is the comedian, his violent, reckless and brutal attitude is sorta the reflection of how little sympathy or empathy there is in this world. Again that is my interpretation.

what is your favorite character?