Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 397
  1. #1
    Ye ... ah Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    246,207

    Mak answers your one liner comic questions

    @Makenzye;

    Is Doctor Strange the strongest super hero in the Marvel universe?

  2. #2
    Come Journey Into Mystery Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Makenzye;

    Is Doctor Strange the strongest super hero in the Marvel universe?
    Damn, I said I was gonna make this thread and I never did.


    Doctor Strange is considered among the most powerful of Marvel's Superheroes, but that mantle probably falls upon the shoulders of the Sentry.

    You could say it was Owen Reece, but he seems to be content with not playing hero or villain anymore.
    This feels like me at work sometimes:


  3. #3
    Ye ... ah Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    246,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn, I said I was gonna make this thread and I never did.


    Doctor Strange is considered among the most powerful of Marvel's Superheroes, but that mantle probably falls upon the shoulders of the Sentry.

    You could say it was Owen Reece, but he seems to be content with not playing hero or villain anymore.
    was Sentry in the Civil War comic or is he a lone wolf?

  4. #4
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    16,792
    What would you say is the best destructive feat of any Hulk ever?




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  5. #5
    Come Journey Into Mystery Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    was Sentry in the Civil War comic or is he a lone wolf?
    He just sort of showed up here and there.

    The Sentry is a superbeing who has power that's fluctuated throughout his career. While he comes off as a weird energy projecting/absorbing Superman homage, the Sentry is actually an extremely powerful psychic/reality warper. Originally defined as having the power of "A million exploding suns" (which is more hyperbole), the Sentry expresses his power primarily through his might and durability, being stronger than the Hulk, possibly stronger than Thor, and has easily manhandled the Inhumans while just standing in place, weathered Black Bolt's voice with no issue, beat Attuma with a single light blow, destroyed the objects of heralds of Galactus, and has even defeated Galactus in single combat (though the status of Galactus and the means used are unknown to us).

    That position has evolved over the years. We knew forever that the Sentry was more than that, since the Sentry is only half of the superhuman Robert Reynolds. The other half is the Sentry's own nemesis, the Void. If the Sentry represents the good will of Robert, the Void represents his greed and hatred. For all the good the Sentry does, the Void seeks to do the same amount in negativity. For every life the Sentry saves in a plane, the Void tries to kill. But the Void doesn't possess the same powers as the Sentry. While they do contain similar strength, the Void has the ability to reach in and eat/corrupt the very souls of others, change shape, and other powers. This has been further explored where when the Sentry visited the Negative Zone, the Void was the more powerful being and "in charge." (It also turns out this is where the Sentry was throwing his villains before Civil War made it the thing to do. That or the sun.) And this is where the Sentry's power inconsistency stems from. Just what can the Sentry do and when can he do it?

    Robert is an extremely unstable individual with many phobias and illnesses, potentially brought on by being the Sentry or just because they were always there. It's clear Robert favors the Sentry, but he cannot completely devote the power TO the Sentry. If the Sentry possesses the power of million exploding suns, the Void possesses the power of the million black holes left behind. If the Void emerges, he is only as powerful as the Sentry ever is and never more so. The if is intentional, because the Void doesn't show up every single time the Sentry does. The Void is something of a random occurrence who becomes more likely whenever the Sentry expresses more and more power. So the Sentry strives to reduce how much power he uses to prevent a Void emergence. This means a lot of Sentry fights are bizarre and span all over the place in performance. Once he sat at a table with his wife and told her how he went and saved someone on another continent between her words, and another time Iron Man outran the guy. In another Sentry story (the same where he was with his wife), he once cured a girl of schizophrenia while leaving his doctor's office after his doctor suggested his powers might reach into realms the Sentry didn't understand. He's at least twice brought his wife back from the dead without knowing it, once just by touching her. He has overpowered the Molecule Man in molecular control. He may possess more telepathic power than any other being on the planet including Jean Grey when he forced the entire planet, subconsciously, to forget about him and not see his landmarks or memorabilia. All that stuff existed, they just couldn't see or remember it because he willed it to without even knowing it. He's also multiple times been stated to be someone who cannot die. Whenever he is "killed" he comes back. Every time. There have also been several allusions to what the Sentry might really be in terms of a divine hierarchy.

    The problem is a lot of these changes have made him a completely unusable character. He's too powerful and/or too unstable. Channeling the Void and the Sentry at the same time for some crazy reason, or just coming off as too mentally disturbed to be a functional superhero.

    Which is a shame, because he was a pretty cool guy at first.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What would you say is the best destructive feat of any Hulk ever?
    Off the top of my head?

    Probably the time he one shot (completely obliterated) a comet multiple times the size of Earth while "savage" but not completely pissed off.
    This feels like me at work sometimes:


  6. #6
    Jjcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,124
    What is Sentry's DC? Does being Stable/Unstable really change his powers? What is N52/Post Crisis Superman's greatest destructive/speed/durability feat?

    Which is the hottest version of Supergirl? Is Jimmy Olsen black like in the TV series?

    Where can I start reading DC Rebirth?

    "It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down. All that matters is you get up one more time than you were knocked down."

  7. #7
    Come Journey Into Mystery Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Jjcb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is Sentry's DC? Does being Stable/Unstable really change his powers?
    Anywhere from beating up heralds of Galactus to possibly being an abstract's equal. Maybe more. The comics started to abstain from exploring that after too long. Probably because his character got too fucked up along the way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jjcb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is N52/Post Crisis Superman's greatest destructive/speed/durability feat?
    He once bench pressed the weight of Earth for five days straight without extra sunlight (or any sunlight, really). He quickly traversed the galaxy in enough time to respond to an emergency beacon set off on Earth. And probably just beating up Darkseid.

    Though some may say his Solar Flare is the real destructive feat since Ulysses was completely atomized by it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jjcb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which is the hottest version of Supergirl? Is Jimmy Olsen black like in the TV series?
    Power Girl, of course.

    Not in the "mainstream" universe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jjcb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where can I start reading DC Rebirth?
    At your local comicshop.
    This feels like me at work sometimes:


  8. #8
    Jjcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anywhere from beating up heralds of Galactus to possibly being an abstract's equal. Maybe more. The comics started to abstain from exploring that after too long. Probably because his character got too fucked up along the way.


    He once bench pressed the weight of Earth for five days straight without extra sunlight (or any sunlight, really). He quickly traversed the galaxy in enough time to respond to an emergency beacon set off on Earth. And probably just beating up Darkseid.

    Though some may say his Solar Flare is the real destructive feat since Ulysses was completely atomized by it.


    Power Girl, of course.

    Not in the "mainstream" universe.



    At your local comicshop.
    The closest comic shop is 1 hour away.

    I am not driving that long for a piece of paper.

    But, thanks for the rest.

    "It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down. All that matters is you get up one more time than you were knocked down."

  9. #9
    Ye ... ah Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    246,207


    What exactly is the Negative Zone anyways?

  10. #10
    Come Journey Into Mystery Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    What exactly is the Negative Zone anyways?
    It's a hub dimension for a group of universes (though anymore every universe has it's own Negative Zone it seems).

    It's basically an older, sub universe to our own, generally inhabited by the likes of Annihilus and Blastaar. What's most notable about it is how it fucks with you as a person from the non-Negative Zone. It was one of the big controversies of Civil War's prison, since the Negative Zone tends to bring out the bad within you, give you anxiety, high depression, that sort of thing. And because it's attacked by interdimensional tyrants.


    This feels like me at work sometimes:


  11. #11
    Method to Madness Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    25,624
    did Caps character die for you.


  12. #12
    Come Journey Into Mystery Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    did Caps character die for you.
    In a way for me, yes. But I know what's happening isn't exactly what's being shown. I get the feeling it's just going to be a crappy gimmick storyline.


    No worse than "Say No to Drugs" Armor Captain America.
    This feels like me at work sometimes:


  13. #13
    Method to Madness Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    25,624
    that isn't actually a thing right.


  14. #14
    Come Journey Into Mystery Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14,476
    Or "Hopped up on Meth" Captain America.

    Really Marvel tried to push a lot of drug issues into Captain America comics.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    that isn't actually a thing right.




    It was during one of his famous "ethical dilemmas" when he told kids to stay off drugs, and they smart ass style told him his powers came from drugs. Then there was a whole poisoning thing and blah blah blah.

    It's a story line most people just forget.
    This feels like me at work sometimes:


  15. #15
    Method to Madness Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    25,624
    christ.


  16. #16
    Banned Spade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,276
    Name your top 4 marvel characters that you hate?
    Why is Shuma Gorath number 1?
    Why is Falcon number 2?
    Why is Spider Gwen number 3?
    Why is Jean Grey number 4?
    Why is Man Thing so cool?
    On a scale of 1-10, how awesome is Valkyrie?


  17. #17
    Come Journey Into Mystery Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    christ.
    I know you meant Steve Rogers, but there was a Captain America who became the Grand Director of the National Force who was a huge white supremacist. It was a pretty fucked up storyline about a really awful character.
    This feels like me at work sometimes:


  18. #18
    Method to Madness Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    25,624
    Comics seem to be breaking lots of taboos.


  19. #19
    Come Journey Into Mystery Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Name your top 4 marvel characters that you hate?
    Luke Cage
    Jessica Jones
    Deathcry
    Cable/Longshot/Shatterstar make the bottom 4th at a tie.

    Wolverine is pretty lucky he didn't make this list.

    I don't hate them. I just don't really care for them.

    Except maybe Deathcry. I'd rather see NFL Superpro, Ulysses Archer, or even Stingray get another shot at comics than Deathcry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is Shuma Gorath number 1?
    Why is Falcon number 2?
    Why is Spider Gwen number 3?
    Why is Jean Grey number 4?
    Why is Man Thing so cool?
    I actually like all these characters.

    But on a list of those four?
    Spider-Gwen
    Falcon (I actually liked him better as Falcon)
    Shuma-Gorath
    Jean Grey

    The whole Dark Phoenix retcon left a bad taste in my mouth for Jean, but I still like her.


    Man-Thing is the bomb. And all who know fear burn at his touch. With fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On a scale of 1-10, how awesome is Valkyrie?

    12
    This feels like me at work sometimes:


  20. #20
    Banned Spade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luke Cage
    why?

    12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •