Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bws View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a match!Two great warriors and sportsman,but I have feeling if Fury puts himself together,he would beat them both.

Here is the full fight if someone wants to watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHXdATvyNjM
    Josthua still got room for improvement, but Klitsjko made sure that Joshua to earn that win. Going to rewatch it sometime.

I was sure Fury has a fight coming up in a month or so. We'll see how he does now.

I'm starting a boxing gym tomorrow.

Any tips for a beginner?

Quote Originally Posted by Jjcb View Post

Any tips for a beginner?
    What kind of tips? You gon' fight? For training? How to throw a punch?

Take your time to understand the do's and don'ts. Boxing gyms usually have several people that are willing to help you out.

If you just want to fight. Don't lean back, don't look away and remember to breath. Keep your hands up and elbows low. Always move your head, and stand straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    What kind of tips? You gon' fight? For training? How to throw a punch?

Take your time to understand the do's and don'ts. Boxing gyms usually have several people that are willing to help you out.

If you just want to fight. Don't lean back, don't look away and remember to breath. Keep your hands up and elbows low. Always move your head, and stand straight.
    It's for training. I don't plan on it becoming more then a hobby, but I can't deny I'm very hyped up about the sport.

Guess it's in my blood.

It's for training. I don't plan on it becoming more then a hobby, but I can't deny I'm very hyped up about the sport.

Guess it's in my blood.

As you should be. It's the gentleman's sport.

As you should be. It's the gentleman's sport.
    I'll probably take a few pics, maybe a video.

There's no problem if I upload it here, no?

Of course not. You're in for some rough and good times.

Any tips for a beginner?
    Have you started?

Battle of Brisbane

Pacman vs Jeff Horn next sunday. July 2

Anyone going to watch this?

@ReXDrake;

Pacman vs Jeff Horn next sunday. July 2

Anyone going to watch this?

@ReXDrake;
    I commented on this fight in page 2 of this thread. I was supposed to be going to see the fight with my father and one of his friends but that got cancelled unfortunately, and since I dont have foxtel and the fight isn't being broadcasted on regular tv stations over here ill probably be one of the last people to see how it all goes down. Let me tell you though, for a fight that's being built up as the biggest boxing event in Australia's history, its going to be very one sided. Horn is a good boxer for sure, but hes no Manny Pacquiao in terms of speed, strength or skill, plus hes still relatively inexperienced. Im tipping a KO in one of the later rounds, with Manny dominating the entire time

Not everyone dies because they want to die.

Most of them die against their will

Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    I commented on this fight in page 2 of this thread. I was supposed to be going to see the fight with my father and one of his friends but that got cancelled unfortunately, and since I dont have foxtel and the fight isn't being broadcasted on regular tv stations over here ill probably be one of the last people to see how it all goes down. Let me tell you though, for a fight that's being built up as the biggest boxing event in Australia's history, its going to be very one sided. Horn is a good boxer for sure, but hes no Manny Pacquiao in terms of speed, strength or skill, plus hes still relatively inexperienced. Im tipping a KO in one of the later rounds, with Manny dominating the entire time

Ah, I didn't see that.

Yeah, I don't see Horn winning either, but it would be good if he gave Pacman a proper challenge. I'd be very disappointed if it becomes onesided. He is still lacks experience, but I've seen a couple of fights of him. The kid doesn't lack heart.

Welp, in defiance of all the odds, Pacquiao was outscored by some relative nobody in the boxing world who lives within 45 minutes of my house. Ive seen all the main highlights, and while Horn's victory was by no means decisive and Pacquiao's performance somewhat questionable, the aussie fought incredibly valiantly an tenaciously. I have NEVER seen his footwork or reflexes as good as they where in this fight, he was able to completely disrupt Pacquiao's rhythm and neutralize his greater speed for the majority of the round. In the months leading up to today, Horn and Rushton (his trainer) had stated numerous times that they were developing some particular strategy to counter Pacquiao's style and regardless of the fact that Pacquiao is well past his prime, he completely exceeded everyone's expectations. Im sure we're gonna hear a lot of talk now about how Pacquiao either threw the fight, or Horn didn't deserve the win.

Welp, in defiance of all the odds, Pacquiao was outscored by some relative nobody in the boxing world who lives within 45 minutes of my house. Ive seen all the main highlights, and while Horn's victory was by no means decisive and Pacquiao's performance somewhat questionable, the aussie fought incredibly valiantly an tenaciously. I have NEVER seen his footwork or reflexes as good as they where in this fight, he was able to completely disrupt Pacquiao's rhythm and neutralize his greater speed for the majority of the round. In the months leading up to today, Horn and Rushton (his trainer) had stated numerous times that they were developing some particular strategy to counter Pacquiao's style and regardless of the fact that Pacquiao is well past his prime, he completely exceeded everyone's expectations. Im sure we're gonna hear a lot of talk now about how Pacquiao either threw the fight, or Horn didn't deserve the win.
    Honestly I think Pacman won decisively. Not that Pacman was all that impressive since he is a bit washed up but he landed far more clean hits and generally dominated most rounds. Not to mention Horn got away with a lot of cheap shots, head butts, some rabbit punches, headlocks, etc which should have caused him to receive some penalties.

Some metrics to ponder over for this fight.

This is honestly almost a Bradley level robbery and was a clear home turf win. Horn in my eyes won 2-3 points at most. If he got more then the refs were rewarding him for landing cheapshots because he certainly wasn't landing many punches.

Last edited by felixng2015; 07-02-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Honestly I think Pacman won decisively. Not that Pacman was all that impressive since he is a bit washed up but he landed far more clean hits and generally dominated most rounds. Not to mention Horn got away with a lot of cheap shots, head butts, some rabbit punches, headlocks, etc which should have caused him to receive some penalties.

Some metrics to ponder over for this fight.

This is honestly almost a Bradley level robbery and was a clear home turf win. Horn in my eyes won 2-3 points at most. If he got more then the refs were rewarding him for landing cheapshots because he certainly wasn't landing many punches.

I agree with a lot of what you said. Horn has a bad habit of throwing punches when clinches are being dissolved and getting into headlocks, although I don't think the head butting or rabbit punches were intentional. Irrespective of whether you think he should have won, he did substantially better than virtually everyone was expecting him to, and for that he deserves a lot of commendation. This is the first fight iveseen him in im aware of where he uses feints and headslips, and it was amazing that he managed to evade so many blows seeing how hes never been noted for his speed or technical skill. Either hes been greatly underestimated all along, or Manny just doesn't have it anymore. Then again, there was some speculation that he threw the Mayweather fight, and he acted very weirdly in the 11th and 12th rounds of this one (fought with a lowered guard, wasn't as defensive as he could have been), so maybe he just didn't give a fuck.

I agree with a lot of what you said. Horn has a bad habit of throwing punches when clinches are being dissolved and getting into headlocks, although I don't think the head butting or rabbit punches were intentional. Irrespective of whether you think he should have won, he did substantially better than virtually everyone was expecting him to, and for that he deserves a lot of commendation. This is the first fight iveseen him in im aware of where he uses feints and headslips, and it was amazing that he managed to evade so many blows seeing how hes never been noted for his speed or technical skill. Either hes been greatly underestimated all along, or Manny just doesn't have it anymore. Then again, there was some speculation that he threw the Mayweather fight, and he acted very weirdly in the 11th and 12th rounds of this one (fought with a lowered guard, wasn't as defensive as he could have been), so maybe he just didn't give a fuck.
    I think Manny was trying but he is 38 years old at this point and he is the type of fighter who takes a lot of hits and gets very physical. He is way past his prime, he was already very washed up when he fought Mayweather. The version of Manny that beat the crap out of Cotto would ko Horn easily but he is nowhere near that level anymore.

Horn did do better than I expected but no one had any expectations of him anyway I think.

I think Manny was trying but he is 38 years old at this point and he is the type of fighter who takes a lot of hits and gets very physical. He is way past his prime, he was already very washed up when he fought Mayweather. The version of Manny that beat the crap out of Cotto would ko Horn easily but he is nowhere near that level anymore.

Horn did do better than I expected but no one had any expectations of him anyway I think.
    NOONE, not even Horn himself would deny that hed get destroyed if Pacquaio was in his prime. What made Horn's victory so impressive to me was the fact that in comparison to most of the people Manny has fought over his career, he is so low profile in the boxing world. I was expecting this to be a one sided beatdown, no matter how much weaker Pacquaio had become over the years.

can't believe canelo at KO/TKO/DQ is at +750, massive disrespect

i'm punching in my bet tonight, should be an amazing fight regardless

a draw lmao what a joke triple G won that fight

One judge ruled 118-110 in favor of Canelo. Boxing is so rigged its not even fighting. This is why I rarely watch nowadays and will never pay a cent for this rubbish

One judge ruled 118-110 in favor of Canelo. Boxing is so rigged its not even fighting. This is why I rarely watch nowadays and will never pay a cent for this rubbish
    this is why you stream it

and that score was ridic. she single handedly ruined it. it's like she did her best to show that the match was blantantly rigged

i'm a huge canelo fan but triple G clocked him through rounds 3-9