Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Naraku Respect Thread

one of shonens most iconic and long running series villains

i will post a few of his most important feats here and if necessary explain the context behind them

starting from first appearence till the end of the series i will go through all 559 chapters to give the most detailed look into it as possible

---

edit: here is his incredible badass theme

Last edited by R; 04-30-2016 at 04:44 PM.

raven=biggest inuyasha fan on tmf
    its a rly good manga

Inyuyaah was goodand i hate shonen romance.

Naraku1.0 (before any form of upgrade)

seeing through a barrier which hides the presence and makes people invisible

unleashing miasma already potent enough to completely melt a considerable areal of a forest. then transforming into miasma and flying away, leaving the cast alone at the remnants off the forest

mind controlling a demon slayer (kohaku) into killing his own family and friends, then framing the main cast for the entire scheme

his demon puppets can exhale miasma, reshape in size, posess regeneration, can control the parts of his body individually even when separated and can fly - created by one of his hair and controlled from far away

Naraku was pretty great character at the end, I would read Inuyasha again for him but I hate Inuyasha (character) a lot.

Naraku 1.0 continuation

setting up a barrier only the people he choose can pass through

his body consists of poison and miasma

being able to control his hair to restrain and attack people even when they are not attached to his body

his hair fights on its own accord and transforms into deadly miasma when ripped apart

last ability of Naraku 1.0

spell: "Fuko" - which leads him to absorb every being who fought in a set up areal called "Kudoku" and gain all their powers and abilities

- - - Updated - - -

Naraku 2.0

the barrier game gets started - created his first body-barrier to fend of IY attacks. IY at that point in time cut through any material outside of diamond and did not had his windscar

can spread out miasma in a greater range and fly away as a cloud of miasma

Naraku 2.0 continuation

creating a barrier which fends of souls and soulstealers

signature ability: "illusion of death":
    creating a mist / casting a spell which leads the cast into an illusion of their death. it works on 3 planes at the same time. corrupting the mind. damaging/killing the body, consuming the soul

Last edited by R; 05-03-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Naraku 2.0 + Detachments continuation

using the poison insects to harvest items and observe the battlefield

kagura: controlling the dead making them seem alive including movement and the ability to speech as well as using them as soldiers

kagura: controlling every wind in a large buiding sized areal and being able to fly on a massive feather

naraku confirms his detachments are part of his body

kanna: observing the battlefield with her mirror from a distance

kanna: stealing the souls of people, controling them as puppets

kanna: reflecting attacks with her mirror

kanna confirmed to have no sent, presence, energy etc. which could give away her presence

goshinki: able to read peoples minds

goshinki: able to bite through tessaiga - a sword which at that point in time could cut through steel in one casual swing

Juromaru hiding Kageromaru inside his mouth, using him for a surprise attack after the latter burried himself in the ground

erasing kohakus mind, implanting the task of killing into him without the latter realizing it, mindcontrolling kohaku to his liking with a snap, also able to give, change or take away memories

erasing and activating memories with a touch

Last edited by R; 12-26-2017 at 09:39 AM.

kagura: controlling an army of dead soldiers, creating a deadly whirlwind

Naraku 2.0 + Detachments Final Feats

muso: regeneration from being blown apart into a small unidentifiable chunk of flesh

absorbing muso in quick succesion

- - - Updated - - -

Naraku 3.0 after he strenghtened his body post-new moon

the barrier game continues - his barrier 2.0 is now easily strong enough to withstand not only tessaigas slashes but also the windscar - his miasma got more potent and dissolved the things now faster

Last edited by R; 05-04-2016 at 10:25 PM.

This Miasma thing sounds horribly similar to Respira.

Doubt it's as potent though, is it.

How far into the series did Naraku display all these abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This Miasma thing sounds horribly similar to Respira.

Doubt it's as potent though, is it.
    they are complete different abilities. the miasma is a poison / acid which dissolves things. the respira is some aging hax from what i recall right?

in fact: if you have high level acid resistance you can withstand the poison (i think later on its potent enough to instantly melt diamond and shit)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravemastersieg View Post
    How far into the series did Naraku display all these abilities?
    we are not even at chapter 200. in total there are 559 chapters

Naraku 3.0 + Detachments contination

kidnapping a main characters valuable companion by a mindmanipulated brother of another main cast character to have a retreat route and at the same time leading to the 2 groups attacking each other after the mindmanipulated character has killed the other. then after it got interrupted mindcontrolling the character to attack sesshoumaru to get himself killed, causing bad blood the other way round

infiltrating and manipulating the soul of a saint on the way of becoming a living buddha, turning him into his pawn

Naraku 3.0 Final Feat

using the multiple kilometers tall mt. hakurei who dwars every other mountain and reaches above the clouds to create his new body

Last edited by R; 05-06-2016 at 09:33 PM.

Naraku 4.0

being able to not only reflecting, but completely controlling and taking over an enemies attack with his own aura, making the attack his own

destroying the entire mt. hakurei

causing massive fissures and cracks in the earth just with his aura when he wishes to

being able to reflect attacks even after he has been hit with it. also not bothered with his entire body being destroyed and just severed parts of his head flying around

Last edited by R; 05-06-2016 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSupreme View Post
    they are complete different abilities. the miasma is a poison / acid which dissolves things. the respira is some aging hax from what i recall right?

in fact: if you have high level acid resistance you can withstand the poison (i think later on its potent enough to instantly melt diamond and shit)

- - - Updated - - -

we are not even at chapter 200. in total there are 559 chapters
    I figured it was still pretty early in the manga. So Inuyasha is mountain-level here? Kinda surprised Naraku and Inuyasha have battledome profiles, but not Sesshomaru.

Quote Originally Posted by ravemastersieg View Post
    I figured it was still pretty early in the manga. So Inuyasha is mountain-level here? Kinda surprised Naraku and Inuyasha have battledome profiles, but not Sesshomaru.
    Eh I guess we can make a profile for him later one

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSupreme View Post
    Eh I guess we can make a profile for him later one
    Sesshomaru was obviously much stronger than Inuyasha, but wouldn't they basically just have the exact same stats in both profiles? I guess Sesshy would probably have a couple different types of hax, but that's about all I can think of.