Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 92 of 92
  1. #81
    How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

    The Gaddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    22,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    take heed america. just because something is stupid doesnt mean u wont have stupid ppl voting for it en masse and hey presto u've got a sentient penis for a president
    As if people are capable of learning from the misfortunes of others.

    Tenduu, at best they ask others to learn and then proceed to fuck up the very minute they find themselves in a similar situation. Trump's gonna be the President, no doubt about that at this point.

  2. #82
    火鳳燎原 Saki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gadfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trump's gonna be the President, no doubt about that at this point.
    It's Hillary. Which is even more absurd.

  3. #83
    choose between two face or the joker

    grand ol time

  4. #84
    The best you ever had Fluorescent Adolescent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,678
    This is the beginning of the fall of the EU. I don't even know if I'm in favour or against this, it seems like the Brexit movement was lead by right-wing groups, which sucks, but this might really be the shake the EU was needing. The amount of anti-democracy in the EU was laughable. While they tried to stop a left-wing party in Greece, they continuously supported nearly-fascist movements right in the heart of Europe, in countries like Hungary and Poland. So maybe the UK leaving is for the best. I hope.
    I wanna be your vacuum cleaner, breathing in your dust

  5. #85
    Dynamics of an Asteroid Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    24,075
    Every fairytale needs a good old-fashioned villain.

  6. #86
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ส็็็ Tendou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WE DEM BOYS
    Posts
    5,853
    thats expected. they won by 1 or 2 mill votes iirc which is hardly unanimous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You wouldn't understand the substance. (under-sub; stand-stance)
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon T.O.P. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calling someone a nigger is not racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "As I watched top with a bashful smile, all I could do was bitterly laugh. His Dao of absurdity and anti-grammar had reached a level beyond my comprehension. "Dealth" was myy only fate."
    B

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Weve absolutely fucked ourselves
    Out of curiosity, what do you think a proper solution would be? I see this event at this time a net negative for Britain but I also couldn't imagine their situation changing in the near future. But I'm not a European. How could they have gotten more leverage in the EU through diplomacy?

    And how is this going to fuck you up?

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the beginning of the fall of the EU. I don't even know if I'm in favour or against this, it seems like the Brexit movement was lead by right-wing groups, which sucks, but this might really be the shake the EU was needing. The amount of anti-democracy in the EU was laughable. While they tried to stop a left-wing party in Greece, they continuously supported nearly-fascist movements right in the heart of Europe, in countries like Hungary and Poland. So maybe the UK leaving is for the best. I hope.
    We have to see though if the will of the people will prevail this time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the beginning of the fall of the EU. I don't even know if I'm in favour or against this, it seems like the Brexit movement was lead by right-wing groups, which sucks, but this might really be the shake the EU was needing. The amount of anti-democracy in the EU was laughable. While they tried to stop a left-wing party in Greece, they continuously supported nearly-fascist movements right in the heart of Europe, in countries like Hungary and Poland. So maybe the UK leaving is for the best. I hope.
    We have to see though if the will of the people will prevail this time.

    KANE LIVES AGAIN!


    People think it's the alone of being forever alone that hurts the most, but that's not true. Everybody's alone sometimes, whether for periods when they're not dating anyone or just for a weekend while their spouse is at a conference. Alone is part of the human condition. It's the forever that pulls down the corners of your mouth just a little bit when you give someone a smile meant to indicate that everything's okay with you even though you want to scream that nothing's okay and never will be. It's the forever that tastes bitter in the back of your throat when you see a happy couple walking in the park or laughing in a restaurant. It's the forever that has you wide awake staring at your ceiling into the wee hours of the morning.Forever alone.
    There's an ongoing half-serious claim in our culture that men think about sex all the time. Every 17 seconds or so. That may be true for some guys but not a forever alone. After awhile you stop being able to think about sex, at least the way other people do. You can think about it abstractly, or when watching other people perform a stylized version of it alone in your room while you use your hand to joylessly complete a sad shadow of the biological imperative, but you stop being able to imagine sex as something you could be a part of. You see a woman in the springtime, her midriff peeking out from between the soft cotton of a shirt and the rougher waist of a pair of jeans. You start to imagine her naked, constructing a fantasy in detail, the way her breasts would sit against her chest, the soft down or absence thereof on her pubic area, and then you try to insert yourself into her presence and the fantasy crumbles to dust under the weight of its own absurdity. You know there's no chain of events, no course of actions, that could lead to that ill defined imaginary room where the two of you would meet in an act of carnal congress. There's no way to there from where you are, it's not even an alternate universe, it's an inconceivable one. It's like trying to imagine a world where everything else is the same except elephants float around like helium balloons and have to be anchored by their trunks or they'll float away. An inherently absurd thought. That's the idea of you and her being intimate. So you look away from that tiny sliver of skin, trying to keep your face from contorting in pain and bitterness. Where other men might smile at her you don't, because your smile sucks, and you suck. Forever alone.
    Eventually you don't even bother to build the image only to have it blow it away like a sand painting in a tornado. You imagine lesser things. The brush of a cool, soft, feminine hand against yours. Mundane couple bullshit like eating pancakes on a Sunday morning or watching a movie or just sharing your day with someone who gives a fuck and is not your mother. The other party in these pathetic little domestic tableaus is ill defined in your mind, because if you imagined her clearly enough to make her realistic then you know she wouldn't want you. And even with this feminine blur, this placeholder, this blurry silhouette of nothingness you project your emotions onto, the person she's with isn't really you. It's a better version of you, a thinner less obnoxious version who will control his temper before saying something cutting, who doesn't geek out and talk too much, who is free from the flaws who make you who you are and assure that nobody else will ever want to share their life with that person. Then you realize that you're fantasizing about an Archie Comics version of yourself making tomato soup for an undefined feminine projection blob, and you realize that even the part of you that creates these images doesn't want to be with you and can't imagine anyone who might. Forever alone.
    Around you the world stays mostly the same. People fall in love, hit milestones, get married, have kids. You're even jealous of the divorcees because you know that this is just a bump in the road for them, part of their journey. You're still at the starting line watching them recede, wanting to chase them and catch up, knowing you never will. But while the world is almost static, you are aging. Moving through your life alone. You start to get bitter at the milestones you've missed and the chances you'll never have. You see the graying of your hair and the years piling on like rust eating at the hull of a decommissioned ship and you realize that your opportunity for young love is already past. Even if you got it together and got in the game you'd just have a shot at middle aged love. It doesn't matter if you think women age like a fine wine, what wine connoisseur wants to live his life without ever tasting the shocking astringency of the harsh tanins of youth. Even if that's not your thing you don't want to cut it off forever. But you have. You won't even have memories of those very good years, as the song says, to keep you warm as you slide towards your dotage. All you have is your bursting store room of regrets and bitterness, and you can always cram in more. And you know that that rusty battleship will some day have a hole in its hull and be fixable, good for nothing more than salvage scrap. You add up the time it would take to lose the weight, get your teeth fixed, figure out your professional career, the time until you can smile at that woman in the coffee shop with confidence rather than the stomach sickness of self hate, and you realize it all adds up to a very big number. Everyone thinks of themselves as eternally 22 but at some point you are forced to admit that you are 37 and half your life is over and the back nine of the remaining half is not a time when people finally get that whole dating thing right. If the window is not closed its halfway there and sliding fast. Forever alone.
    All this breeds desperation and depression so you shove it back because you need to function, you need to keep eating and staying warm, you can't just stop and feel. But your dam is fragile and it leaks. And when you see that girl whose hand you want to brush against, who could sit with you looking into your eyes through the steam coming off her coffee cup and just be, who could understand you (she probably couldn't, but this is something men like to project on to women) you feel the dam start to buckle and the river behind it start to surge and you don't want to break down crying in the coffee shop because that's not what people do and if you can't have love at least you can have dignity, or the appearance of dignity, or the delusion of the appearance of dignity, so you turn your face to the side, you hope and pray she doesn't try to draw your attention (generally safe on that count, old chum) and you put one fucking foot in front of the other and continue down your sad and barren blighted path. Forever alone.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Out of curiosity, what do you think a proper solution would be? I see this event at this time a net negative for Britain but I also couldn't imagine their situation changing in the near future. But I'm not a European. How could they have gotten more leverage in the EU through diplomacy?

    And how is this going to fuck you up?
    We need a labour leadership in power right now, and we need to kick the tories when Boris calls for a general election in October. If we still have Corbyn at the helm of the party, then we will have everything we have ever wanted. Corbyn as PM and an independent England. If we cant do that then its finished. Austerity will reach levels we will probably never have seen since the days of thatcher and a lot of people who live in my area will be hit really hard since so many will lose their jobs.

    The 228 million pounds funding we get from the EU will be completely cut off, and with a tory government in place we wont get any sort of funding from them. With a lot of business and jobs in my city dependent on the EU, we could see a lot of businesses shut up shop which could force the country as a whole into a recession.

  10. #90
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ส็็็ Tendou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WE DEM BOYS
    Posts
    5,853
    nigel farage is officially the finnese GOAT.

    Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You wouldn't understand the substance. (under-sub; stand-stance)
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon T.O.P. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calling someone a nigger is not racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "As I watched top with a bashful smile, all I could do was bitterly laugh. His Dao of absurdity and anti-grammar had reached a level beyond my comprehension. "Dealth" was myy only fate."
    B

  11. #91
    PIERCE THE HEAVENS Bold's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9,809
    Leadsom dropped out. What is with these limp wristed MPs


    “We fear discovering that we are more than we think we are. More than our parents, children, or teachers think we are. We fear that we actually possess the talent that our still, small voice tells us. That we actually have the guts, the perseverance, the capacity. We fear that we truly can steer our ship, plant our flag, reach our Promised Land. We fear this because, if it’s true, then we become estranged from all we know. We pass through a membrane. We become monsters and monstrous.”
    -- Steven Pressfield

  12. #92
    PIERCE THE HEAVENS Bold's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9,809
    Someone call an ambulance there's been a murder.



    - - - Updated - - -

    You can't skewer the Brewer.


    “We fear discovering that we are more than we think we are. More than our parents, children, or teachers think we are. We fear that we actually possess the talent that our still, small voice tells us. That we actually have the guts, the perseverance, the capacity. We fear that we truly can steer our ship, plant our flag, reach our Promised Land. We fear this because, if it’s true, then we become estranged from all we know. We pass through a membrane. We become monsters and monstrous.”
    -- Steven Pressfield

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •