Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Brexit: Should the UK leave the EU?

As you may know, the UK will be having a referendum on continued membership of the EU on 23 June 2016.

This is arguably a far more important development in Western politics than the US election, since it has deep constitutional significance. There is strong potential that other member states could follow Britain's exit.

What are your thoughts, should Britain stay or go.

“With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! Whether it's impossible or laughable, this is the path that ALL great men walk! If there's a wall in our way, we'll break it down! If there's no path, we'll make it with our own hands! The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!Everlasting Combination: Gurren Lagann! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?! Believe in you who believes in yourself!! Isn't your Drill the one that will pierce the heavens, the earth and through to tomorrow?”
    -- Kamina

​I'm not very well informed about this, why are some suggesting it should leave?

Need to read up more on it on myself, but generally:

- to have greater control of their laws rather than being restrained by what is decided in Brussels
    - to leave the schengen agreement that comes with EU membership for a "borderless Europe". This is in regards to security and also to lessen the strain on healthcare, schools, housing due to the population surge.
    - to cut down costs. It costs Britain 140 million pounds a week to be a member of the EU. I've seen some say its 55 million a day but I think that doesn't take into account what Britain gains which still results in a 140 million loss weekly.

That's general gist.

“With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! Whether it's impossible or laughable, this is the path that ALL great men walk! If there's a wall in our way, we'll break it down! If there's no path, we'll make it with our own hands! The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!Everlasting Combination: Gurren Lagann! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?! Believe in you who believes in yourself!! Isn't your Drill the one that will pierce the heavens, the earth and through to tomorrow?”
    -- Kamina

Stay

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stay
    Your reasons for why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    Stay
    Your reasons for why?

-- Kamina

Im busy right now, but Ill post my thoughts later

- - - Updated - - -

Where do you stand Bold, are you in or out?

- - - Updated - - -

Where do you stand Bold, are you in or out?

Just let me know if I can think about this while people are dying in Middle East.

I'm more towards out personally.

If the benefit or staying in the EU is an economic one, I can't see why there can't just be trade deals and maybe a few Schengen style zones between a few select countries. Why does it have to be a political union? That's what I'd like to know.

-- Kamina

Speaking from the Ass... Speedyg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post

If the benefit or staying in the EU is an economic one, I can't see why there can't just be trade deals and maybe a few Schengen style zones between a few select countries. Why does it have to be a political union? That's what I'd like to know.
    In a sense it's like empire building, a Utopian ideal to show the World how united and effective Europe can be in solving many political, social and economic issues.

Shame that's failed on all fronts so far.

Although I'm for staying. Better in than out I always say.

- - - Updated - - -

In a sense it's like empire building, a Utopian ideal to show the World how united and effective Europe can be in solving many political, social and economic issues.

Shame that's failed on all fronts so far.

Although I'm for staying. Better in than out I always say.

Saw some of Sky News' highlights of Cameron getting questioned by the public last night.

Dude got demolished.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the postal vote instructions.

Obviously, they were completely impartial with the design.

It kinda reminds me of something.

-- Kamina

tunafishman, help meeee Crispinianus's Avatar
    Saw some of Sky News' highlights of Cameron getting questioned by the public last night.

Dude got demolished.

- - - Updated - - -

Brilliant

Every country should leave the EU not just Britain. It's undemocratic, did nothing but lower the quality of life, impoverished the people and caused conflicts all over Europe. It became a mindless pet of the US despite the horrible treatment.

Will it benefit Britain? Without question, especially in the long run.
    Do I think they will exit? No, considering the foreign policy of the EU (including Britain) it would be impossible. They will find something to rig it like the Scottish referendum.

the eu is looking to create its own army

if we dont leave then its going to be a dictatorship and it will be too late

Quote Originally Posted by Saki View Post
    Every country should leave the EU not just Britain. It's undemocratic, did nothing but lower the quality of life, impoverished the people and caused conflicts all over Europe. It became a mindless pet of the US despite the horrible treatment.

Will it benefit Britain? Without question, especially in the long run.
    Do I think they will exit? No, considering the foreign policy of the EU (including Britain) it would be impossible. They will find something to rig it like the Scottish referendum.
    I agree, we're not leaving. In the first place, I doubt the populace like the idea of trying something different and prefer minimum risk. Very possible for it to be rigged also.

I don't see Britain leaving until more terrorists attack Europe and the public really start shitting themselves over it.

-- Kamina

Fuck the EU, I'd think it'd be great if Britain would leave, but that'd cause a world economic crisis and get in trouble themselves, I agree with what Bold stated earlier, but we just need to kick out the crap countries and keep the quality ones and we should stop accepting these shitty countries. Like we're almost accepting countries like Ukraine and Turkey into the EU and that's almost the worst thing you can do at this point.

People aren't listened to anymore, Dutch referendum was pretty much ignored and they do things behind our backs without informing us. I'm done with the EU and I'm done with the Dutch parliaments.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

Stay and #makeoureuropegreatagain

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSupreme View Post
    Stay and #makeoureuropegreatagain

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

Dude got demolished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    In times of globalization you can't stay for yourself. A strong eu means strong member states

Personally I'd say stay in there.