Thread: The Flash

The Flash

I've cause up to this, but here's a general thread for discussion.
    @Makenzye;

Whew much better.

Whatcha think of Wally?

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whew much better.

Whatcha think of Wally?

Just to be sure, there are 48 issues out right now, right?

Wally is a character I like. He started out as a real punk, but it was necessary and didn't last long. He's young but he's already starting to show traces of who he is going to become. Best part so far was him using the magnesium to save everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post

Just to be sure, there are 48 issues out right now, right?

Wally is a character I like. He started out as a real punk, but it was necessary and didn't last long. He's young but he's already starting to show traces of who he is going to become. Best part so far was him using the magnesium to save everyone.
    49 I think.

And i agree. He's channeling Impulse, but different. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    49 I think.

And i agree. He's channeling Impulse, but different. I like it.

That means I have to read 49.

So Flash #1 isn't out yet far as I know, but we do have Flash: Rebirth.

What did you guys think?

@Makenzye;
    Last edited by Pimp of Pimps; 06-20-2016 at 04:48 PM.
    No.​

I enjoyed it. It's nice to see them featuring Wally, but giving Wally space to breath in Titans and letting Barry do his thing here.

Oh man, nobody?

NOBODY?

Quick recap of last story line: Barry is the Flash, lightning bolt started by a villain group creates way more speedsters, obvious badguy is obvious, new Wally is back in action by the end of it. Okay, whew.

But seriously. Best issue of any comic medium of the week was Flash #9. Oh ho ho ho ho ho.

This comic had it all, Barry at a great character stride, Wally revealing something other than inner teen angst while still displaying what makes his attitude that way, and a guest appearance from (original?) Wally to help bridge the gap between Barry and new Wally as a former Kid Flash himself. Absolutely great stuff. While reading through it, this is the tone Rebirth sought to go for and this book has been nailing it. The very idea of legacy from first page to last has been ringing like a bell.

Every.

Single.

Page.

The interactions between Wally and Barry were just great as well. The Speed Force bit? Sublime. The promise of cheating and having older Wally teach the newer Wally a Speed Force trick like an older brother to a younger brother? Greatness.

But that wasn't the highmark of the issue. No, that would be the very last page which I will put into a spoiler for you guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to add: Next issue. My boy. Bringing back all those great Flash characters.

I'm sort of hoping the promise is kept in this next arc.

Whammy issue. Damn.

So this issue revolved entirely around the Rogues, even talking up how people admire them and how the Flash is sort of buddy buddy with them occasionally.

And then it completely reminds us why the Rogues are bad guys and have real victims. Ouch was the answer for that.

And now they have a plan for Barry.

The comics out of time is so freakinn good

Damn, over a year since I last posted here. I really should be less lazy about actually sharing comic news.

Either way, Flash 700 is here soon and it's going to be the return of Gorilla Grodd in Perfect Storm! Promising to tie into what's been going on with the Flash since the Speed Force storm, Grodd is one of the Flash's better known and zanier villains. Whenever Grodd rears his ugly head it's always pain time for many people involved. But the question I have is: Is Grodd behind all of this or is he just part of a bigger game?