Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    haha I'll give him a try too.

What are his abilities/powers? I've heard of him before, but I only know a few glancing details about him.
    Green Lantern? Well, they're a group of space cops made up of several races deemed worthy to wield the green light of will.

They carry rings entrusted to them by the Guardians of Oa to basically keep the peace and fight evil throughout their assigned sector of the universe, which normally includes the planet they come from. The rings themselves bestow the wielder (you'll sometimes seen a wielder referred to as a "ringslinger") with the power to bend the light of will itself. This comes in many forms, such as interstellar travel, construct formation, energy blasts, scanning, communicating, subatomic manipulation, recording, replaying, etc. The ring itself is described as being capable of anything so long as there's enough will to do it, and once upon a time this included time travel. Basically they can function as plot devices, but generally each Green Lantern wields their ring differently, suited to their personality. With some making more basic or utilitarian shapes, and some having a lot more imagination. Though sometimes they all make generic constructs as well. There are currently three human Green Lanterns: Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, and John Stewart. There used to be four, but Guy Gardner (the only other person on the planet as qualified as Hal) is currently a Red Lantern.

But for me...

Well, for me the brightest Green Lantern doesn't belong to the corps at all.

No. The best will always be he who wrote the book on willpower himself.

Alan Fucking Scott.

So technically there's four human GL's. Alan is considered something of an honorary GL, and even sends reports to Oa sometimes for some reason. Though Alan's powers are...a little different.

It's a group and I called it a him.

Sounds pretty cool. And the concept behind the group's purpose is similar to something I was already interested in but on a much bigger scale. Will give it a read.

It's a group and I called it a him.

Sounds pretty cool. And the concept behind the group's purpose is similar to something I was already interested in but on a much bigger scale. Will give it a read.
    Truth be told, most of the time people strictly mean Hal Jordan when they talk about the Green Lantern. lol

Will start this tonight

It's a really good read.

Thing about the comics is that they will tie in with other titles. So if you read Batman then read, say, Batgirl, you'll see some things filled in.

If you want Bold, make yourself a little reading log of titles you're involved in. It helps space your thoughts when a series is condensed.

I'll probably do the same for myself, but it might confuse you guys when I have like 20 different titles a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    It's a really good read.

Thing about the comics is that they will tie in with other titles. So if you read Batman then read, say, Batgirl, you'll see some things filled in.

Sounds like this'll add up eventually. I'll hold off Robin/Nightwing and Batgirl for now. Probably read new 52 and Hush first.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    If you want Bold, make yourself a little reading log of titles you're involved in. It helps space your thoughts when a series is condensed.

I'll probably do the same for myself, but it might confuse you guys when I have like 20 different titles a week.
    Ya, I'll make one after Year One. Will become the longest thread in the section.

Sounds like this'll add up eventually. I'll hold off Robin/Nightwing and Batgirl for now. Probably read new 52 and Hush first.

Ya, I'll make one after Year One. Will become the longest thread in the section.
    Looks like Mak will be back on the rant.

Can't find this one on any recommended sites. Any links?

http://hellocomic.com/comic/view?slug=batman

You read this yet?

You read this yet?
    I've been reading but hellocomics is down for me atm. I think I'll be able to find on readcomicsonline though.

I've been reading but hellocomics is down for me atm. I think I'll be able to find on readcomicsonline though.

Yeah you can read it there. If you ever have that issue with hellocomics though you get get in by clearing your cookies. I use a Chrome addon to permanently disable cookies for that site.

What is the name of this comic.

It's just titled Batman.

You can look up Batman: Rebirth for the most recent outing that leads to the next volume.

Changed the title to reflect the new change.

What did you guys think of Batman #1?

I kind of felt the whole "emotional bit" between Bruce and Alfred was a tad forced, but otherwise a not bad reintroduction issue. I did like a lot how Batman's gear is meant to be versatile and how he just steered the plane with backup from his team.

The Gotham and Gotham Girl I'm not too excited about. I have some ideas about what they may be going for storywise, but I'd rather not do too much so soon.

That suit redesign and Batmobile throwback to TAS? Supreme. SUPREME!

Batman.

...just a man of little consequence.

I kind of felt the whole "emotional bit" between Bruce and Alfred was a tad forced, but otherwise a not bad reintroduction issue. I did like a lot how Batman's gear is meant to be versatile and how he just steered the plane with backup from his team.

The Gotham and Gotham Girl I'm not too excited about. I have some ideas about what they may be going for storywise, but I'd rather not do too much so soon.

That suit redesign and Batmobile throwback to TAS? Supreme. SUPREME!

I enjoyed the moment with Alfred. It did seem kinda forced cause he's been through worse, you know?

Yeah, I'm really wary of how this is going to be handled.

Haha, I almost squealed when I saw the batmobile.

I enjoyed the moment with Alfred. It did seem kinda forced cause he's been through worse, you know?

Yeah, I'm really wary of how this is going to be handled.

Haha, I almost squealed when I saw the batmobile.
    It just struck me odd, as pretty much whenever Batman has faced down death before he's done with a silent, stoic style which reflects on his legacy. Not if good ol' mom and dad thought he did a good job dressing up as a Bat and beating people up by hand.

But that Batmobile. Rebirth really does feel like it's pulling DC out of the lurch in some ways.

It just struck me odd, as pretty much whenever Batman has faced down death before he's done with a silent, stoic style which reflects on his legacy. Not if good ol' mom and dad thought he did a good job dressing up as a Bat and beating people up by hand.

But that Batmobile. Rebirth really does feel like it's pulling DC out of the lurch in some ways.

Agreed. Nice moment I guess, but not really Batman.

What else are you hoping to see? What issues did Batman New 52 have that you want to be corrected in Rebirth?