Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 124
  1. #1

    CyK 2 Group 2 Match 3 - Allara vs Nord

    Battle Conditions:
    Troops: 200k each
    All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to straight up fight a competent opponent or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Hakurei and Kouyoku or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do independent actions but they cannot be assigned to another character. You can have Karin's elites assist Bajio in an objective but he cannot lead them.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time


    Teams:

    Allara: 0
    Team:
    Rihaku: 32 (silent)
    Mangoku: 27 (silent)
    Rinbukun: 26
    Kouyoku: 25 (silent)
    Reiou: 75 (silent)
    Mouten: 29
    Houken: 76
    Gakujo: 10


    Nordlending: 0
    Team:
    Maron 15 (silent, trade with Crispy and 41 points)
    Gakuei: 18 (silent)
    Ranbihaku: 28 (silent)
    Shunmen: 28 (silent)
    Shoubunkun: 18 (silent)
    Doukin: 11 (silent)
    Kou Rigen: 14 (silent)
    Tou 85
    Ten: 20
    Earl Shi: 55 (silent)
    Kinmou: 2 (silent, trade with Dedede)
    Elites:
    100 war chariots



    Map, (A plain, with a relatively clean terrain. The central mountain dagger is covered with the deepest and most knotted vegetation, and it's most absolutely impassable. The fighting is to develop around it.):


    Where you can deploy your troops- Allara is red/Nord is blue:


    Two days for the strategy deadline, I will determine the voting deadline based on activity but it'll be a day at least. @Nordlending; @Heart; PM your strategies to me.

    Strat layout:

    DEPLOYMENTCan be done with a pic, a sketch, a text description, or a combination of them. This is only about the starting position of armies and units. It's the photography of the battleground at time zero. So, no ifs no dispositions no mentions of the opponents no downplaying but you can post arrows of where you want them to go in the "first stage". Be sure to make clear the size of the armies and the number of troops appointed to the generals. A sentence at most for each unit.


    GENERAL STRATEGY
    A rather simple overview of your overall strategy with your whole team. I would like this to be 2-3 sentences but not to exceed 5 sentences. This is not where you explain your strategy, that can be done in the thread. This is only for stating your strategy. If you need to explain your strategy in detail here, most likely you are trying to be too clever.


    INDICATIONS
    The player's allowed to write up to three clauses for each one of his units/armies. They can be general indications, possible reactions in case an event occurs, specific in-battle movements and operations. These represent what the commander, given the conditions, must do. All the rest is up to the general himself, to the Commander in Chief's orders, and to how the battle itself develops. For each clause, 1-2 sentences, not to exceed 2 sentences.


    Voting is manual and will be moderated, make sure to read both strategies and then provide good reasons for your vote.

    Strats:

    Allara:

    Deployment:
    Reiou,Rinbunkun,Kouyoku,Mangoku on the right with 130k men Rinbuknun and Kouyoku will be further to the left in this formation, Mangoku further to the right
    Rihaku,Mouten,,Houken with 65k men to the left. Mouten will be on the right side of the left army near the hill forest, Rihaku and houken together on the right
    Gakujo with 5k men at the center

    General strategy: Reiou's army will act as the offensive wing to push down the right. Rihaku's will simply be defensive. Gakujo will take his 5k men unit up the hill to burn the forest.

    Indications:
    Reiou:
    -Commander in chief of the army(not officially but in practice)
    -He will launch in offensive on the right wing crushing his opposition, the left of his army(Rinbunkun) will be the strongest part of his attack
    -if he can push the opposing army back he will start to eat into the backs and sides of the rest of the enemy army

    RInbunkun
    -He will lead as the head of Reiou's offensive leading 80k on the left side of the right army
    -He is to avoid dueling with Tou, Ranbihaku and earl shi and will only fight them if he has support from Kouyoku or mangoku
    -He will directly confront all other enemy generals

    Mangoku:
    -Will lead the right side of the right army acting the secondary offensive to Rinbunkun's main
    -He will have 50k troops under his command
    -Same ordrs as Rinbunkun as far as dueling and fighting other generals

    Kouyoku:
    -Kouyoku will be assisting Rinbunkun's offensive, leading anywhere from 5k to 10k men(these men also count as part of Rinbunkun's army) at a time.
    -if he is near Rinbunkun he will give Rinbunkun assistance if Rinbunkun is dueling, be that in the form of direct assistance or dealing with archers
    -He can directly fight all but Tou, Ranbihaku and Earlshi by himself.

    left army:
    Rihaku:
    - will march forward until he confronts the enemy, and upon meeting the enemy he will fight a defensive battle. His job is only to defend, he marches in order to give the illusion of making an offensive
    -If it is necessary he will ask reiou for reinforcements which will come from Mangoku's army
    -He is to conceal the fact that he has no offensive intentions if possible, but not if it causes him to weaken his defense

    Mouten:
    -will lead 5k-15k of the men given to Rihaku and will launch pseudo offensives cautiously, but will no over extend himself and risk weakening the defenses on this side.
    -He will aid Rihaku in the creation of stategy
    -will watch for people trying ot scale the mountain/hill forest in the center and stop them accordingly

    Houken:
    -Will stay with Rihaku and defend him if he ever gets attacked
    -He will be named the official commander in chief to increase morale

    Gakujo:
    -he will sned his 5k men unit into the forest mountain thingie as far as they can go before being attacked with orders to burn it down
    -they will than swiftly retreat , gakujo will stay in a safe position
    -they will join up with the Rinbunkun army afterwards


    Nord:

    http://i.imgur.com/oXDETWt.png
    Deployment:
    1 is a group of 100 people who's job is to set up the flags that the strategist orders them to do.
    2 is Tou's unit of 80 000 merry-men and Ranbihaku.
    3 is the strategist headquarters. Maron, Ten,
    4 is the main defense line between area between the main camp and the joke camp. 30 000 commanded by ShouBunKun and has Gakuei, Kou Rigen and Doukin.
    5 is Earl Shi's army led by him and his War Chariots followed by 80 000 not-so-merry-men and Shunmen.
    6 is the joke army of 10 000 people and will be filled with flags, junk, and other things that will make it look like there is a lot more people there than you think. Lead by Kinmou





    GENERAL STRATEGY
    Tou will lead the charge of his unit and will first go towards the enemy base. Earl Shi will do the same but will be a bit behind and will momenterly join his force with Tou if he becomes to slow. After hitting the enemy area they will go in a spin trough the opponent base and kill everything.



    INDICATIONS
    1. Raise flags that the strategist says they will do.
    2: Ranbihaku will detach if he needs to clean up some elements that will threaten the rush. Duels will destroy the momentum and should be avoided if brute force and enough men can't trample it down.
    3: The strategist will pay close attention to the defensive troops on 4. They will raise the flag that signals the need for reinforcement in case they need it.
    4: Defend, Defend, Defend. They will not attack and will hold as long as they can. Kou Rigen will snipe any enemy generals/important figures that comes.
    5: Will send reinforcement to 4 if the flags tell so.
    6. Be noisy until the enemy appear. Will try to stay a hindrance for the enemy as long as possible.
    Last edited by Void; 03-01-2016 at 09:36 PM.

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  2. #2
    The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    10,005
    Allara or Nightfall?


    The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

  3. #3
    Dai Don Dedede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    6,269
    Damn that looks like an easy win for Nord

  4. #4
    say-and-sing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    here tokay
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Dedede View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn that looks like an easy win for Nord
    Not so fast!
    Again a two-way-map for Allara. Yet no Gakuki/Renpa this time. Nord has three A-trashers, yet noon who can beat Houken.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Allara or Nightfall?
    Nightfall's team, Allara's strat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Dedede View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn that looks like an easy win for Nord
    Shall I set up a poll to see?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by say-and-sing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not so fast!
    Again a two-way-map for Allara. Yet no Gakuki/Renpa this time. Nord has three A-trashers, yet noon who can beat Houken.

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  6. #6
    Dai Don Dedede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    6,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Void King View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nightfall's team, Allara's strat.

    Shall I set up a poll to see?

    - - - Updated - - -


    Could be interesting to have a poll before the strategies are posted and see how it changes afterwards.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Dedede View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could be interesting to have a poll before the strategies are posted and see how it changes afterwards.
    Yes, I said it in the rules thread, we can see who's the underdog and see if he can pull the upset.

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Dedede View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn that looks like an easy win for Nord
    Why do you say that?

  9. #9
    Dai Don Dedede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    6,269
    Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you say that?
    Two battlefields, Eishi and Tou are both better than Reiou, if Houken meets Ei Shi he can maybe tip the scales but the army would be taking heavy losses anyway, if it's Tou vs Reiou+Houken I have Tou winning it and Ei Shi is uncontested. Well in fact I can see a way it could be better though it's still iffy

  10. #10
    say-and-sing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    here tokay
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Void King View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What? Tou, El Shi and Ranbihaku are killing soldiers left and right, pretty much snacking.
    Yet no S-class like Moubu, Kanmei, Houken...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by say-and-sing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What? Tou, El Shi and Ranbihaku are killing soldiers left and right, pretty much snacking.
    Yet no S-class like Moubu, Kanmei, Houken...
    El Shi?


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  12. #12
    Dai Don Dedede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    6,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Void King View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    El Shi?



    Who can that work with except Sei

    El Bi?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Dedede View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Who can that work with except Sei

    El Bi?


    Damn him for having a mustache and helmet already.

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  14. #14
    say-and-sing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    here tokay
    Posts
    3,071

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Dedede View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two battlefields, Eishi and Tou are both better than Reiou, if Houken meets Ei Shi he can maybe tip the scales but the army would be taking heavy losses anyway, if it's Tou vs Reiou+Houken I have Tou winning it and Ei Shi is uncontested. Well in fact I can see a way it could be better though it's still iffy
    Tou is not beating reiou plus houken imo.

  16. #16
    Interesting how the map is divided.

    I'm going to say the map favors Nord, if they're forced to divide their armies in two then Nord's will probably be a better balance on both ends.

  17. #17
    Blue Thunderclap Nightfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    40,169
    This battlefield that spearates the army into two half definitely favors Allara's team more.

    Reiou could operate in the back. GakuJou on one side. Houken also on one side.

    eg.

    Left Side
    Rihaku
    GakuJou
    Kouyoku
    Rinbukun

    Right Side
    Houken
    Mouten
    Mangoku

    While Houken can't command troops, he can raise morale by raising the Great Heavens Flag and he could defeat anybody from the enemy in a duel.

  18. #18
    This was one of the maps I disputed with Crispy, blue has the advantage because it can have a central hill HQ in the back and a steep hill on the right side. You can easily lure an opponent in and then flank them. If you want a hill HQ for red, you run the risk of miscommunicating with your right side.

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  19. #19
    Blue Thunderclap Nightfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    40,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Dedede View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two battlefields, Eishi and Tou are both better than Reiou, if Houken meets Ei Shi he can maybe tip the scales but the army would be taking heavy losses anyway, if it's Tou vs Reiou+Houken I have Tou winning it and Ei Shi is uncontested. Well in fact I can see a way it could be better though it's still iffy


    Houken can beat Tou, Earl Shi, or whatever guy Nord have.

    Houken is the single strongest character in the manga, not even Moubu or Kanmei could defeat Houken. Added that with a master tactican in Reiou, Tou is finished.

    No matter how bad Houken's leadership and knowledge are, it can't be worse than Ranbihaku.

  20. #20
    And for the record I think both teams are pretty even maybe Nord has a slight edge but he is going to have to put out a solid strat at least to win unless Heart/Nightfall really makes a bad strat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •