Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tournament Management Thread

Due to the large amount of tournaments on the forum and their general popularity among the members, I have been assigned to general management and oversight of the different tournaments, though the hosts will still manage and control tournaments on an individual basis.

From this thread you will be able to have your tournaments approved, have threads stickied, and discuss potential prizes and rewards in store for the winners. We also have plans for a panel of review, to look over accusations of host error or bias, to help keep things running smooth for everyone involved. In cases where the host is revoked or absent, this thread can also be used to designate a new host in their place, or personally hand it off to someone else should one be unable to fulfill host duties.

Should you want to start a tournament or have any issues run it through here or VM/PM me personally.
    Last edited by Great Potato; 02-15-2016 at 05:04 AM.

You're a mean one Marvel Comics's Avatar
    @Pimp of Pimps;

Just wanted to mention you since it's the cool thing to do

What about forum games that are kinda like tournaments, like the Create your own state and SnS Seats thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Void King View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about forum games that are kinda like tournaments, like the Create your own state and SnS Seats thing?
    Good question. Lump them all under this thread for now.

We had a thread for it already >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    We had a thread for it already >.>
    I tried to tell them that, guess they can't trust you to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    I tried to tell them that, guess they can't trust you to handle it.
    I just created it, I didn't mean to handle anything

Not to mention... helpdesk? How uncool. And where's the surprise factor then?

Yeah, this is pretty necessary.

"YOURS IS THE DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!"
    -- Kamina

I just created it, I didn't mean to handle anything

Not to mention... helpdesk? How uncool. And where's the surprise factor then?
    It was in The Council, which doesn't make sense, and it also doesn't make sense for a mods to be handling forum-wide stuff when that is the jurisdiction of a Super Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    It was in The Council, which doesn't make sense, and it also doesn't make sense for a mods to be handling forum-wide stuff when that is the jurisdiction of a Super Mod.
    I never claimed to handle the tournament business. I just made a thread while there was none and we desperately needed one.

I never claimed to handle the tournament business. I just made a thread while there was none and we desperately needed one.
    Which is appreciated, but you implied the way it has been being handled is how it should be handled and that's now the case. So I was just correcting that.

Which is appreciated, but you implied the way it has been being handled is how it should be handled and that's now the case. So I was just correcting that.
    But... why the Helpdesk?

But... why the Helpdesk?
    That was GP's decision. Regardless, he is in charge when it comes to this so it'll stay here.

That was GP's decision. Regardless, he is in charge when it comes to this so it'll stay here.
    Oh, I had no intention of moving it

Oh, I had no intention of moving it
    If you know of any ongoing tournaments post them here please.

Kingdom Panel Tournament Winter edition - currently ongoing, basically halfway.
    Shokugeki no Souma Panel Tournament I - currently ongoing, pretty much same phase.

There's the CoK game in KP but I don't think this is the place for it. Anyway, that one's halfway as well.

But... why the Helpdesk?
    Helpdesk is more than just suggestions, but also a place for forum management. It's been used to manage name changes before members could do it manually, it's used to manage emotes, and now we can use it to manage tournaments.

We also want normal members to be able to access this thread, and they wouldn't be able to reach it in the Council.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    Due to the large amount of tournaments on the forum and their general popularity among the members, I have been assigned to general management and oversight of the different tournaments, though the hosts will still manage and control tournaments on an individual basis.

From this thread you will be able to have your tournaments approved, have threads stickied, and discuss potential prizes and rewards in store for the winners. We also have plans for a panel of review, to look over accusations of host error or bias, to help keep things running smooth for everyone involved. In cases where the host is revoked or absent, this thread can also be used to designate a new host in their place, or personally hand it off to someone else should one be unable to fulfill host duties.

Should you want to start a tournament or have any issues run it through here or VM/PM me personally.
    It sounds to me like the staff have gone power-mad again, and once again think they can push the working temeffian man around. Dont tell me what to do unless you value your life friend, I will make my tournaments as I please. I encourage others to do the same. Watch me make tournaments without posting in here and feel how absolutely powerless you are to stop me.

Crispy got put in his place