Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Bold;

Have you checked out Nick Ruiz? He flips houses and gives tips over SnapChat and other mediums.
    I will check him out. Haven't actually heard of him before but i.'ll read up on him.

Also, been getting passive income tips from the black hat world forums, although need to make sure of their credibility through other sources though.

“With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! Whether it's impossible or laughable, this is the path that ALL great men walk! If there's a wall in our way, we'll break it down! If there's no path, we'll make it with our own hands! The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!Everlasting Combination: Gurren Lagann! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?! Believe in you who believes in yourself!! Isn't your Drill the one that will pierce the heavens, the earth and through to tomorrow?”
    -- Kamina

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSupreme View Post
    learning "how to business" from others is instantly following another mans path. a path not carved to fit your size and shoes

its not the big ideas who earn you success. its how to avoid and deal with errors, mistakes and setbacks which lets you stay in the game.
    can you expand upon what you mean by this?

Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    can you expand upon what you mean by this?
    Ever had those moments where you experience a situation which offers different ways to react and approach it? The situation does not necessarily has to be a dangerous one (socially or economically) but just needing a response in general?

We all have encountered these types of situations.

The more "expert" videos you have watched, the more "professionals" opinions you heard about - the more you will likely try to adapt their way of approaching the situation - even when it would not make sense to project their way to your specific situation.

Gaining experience and growing from situations is what gives you the quick minded evaluation process once you face a crisis. And believe me - your crisis is NEVER comparable with the role models in videos or other people's progression when they made their way

but how would you possibly deal with an actual crisis if you relied on business steps performed and advised from others?

Having help from outsiders finding basic needs for your business? Yes. For example: every business needs a specific set goal. If you Haven't set one and you watch videos about defining a specific goal - this will help you in your basic. There is nothing wrong with it.

But it detailed business steps? I refer to my post

i killed the thread

i killed the thread

Any tips when it comes to market research?

Any tips when it comes to market research?
    you already have a specifc business model in mind and can assign it to a specific industry sector?

(e.g. "i plan on distributing a new party-champagner -> alocholic beverages)

you already have a specifc business model in mind and can assign it to a specific industry sector?

(e.g. "i plan on selling a new party-champagner -> alocholic beverages)
    Mobile app development. Specifically games and, for now, limited to iOS.

Mobile app development. Specifically games and, for now, limited to iOS.
    is it worthy to develop a game? how is the per centual value of game downloads in comparison to other apps?

this chart

shows indeed it is. reaching users with a gaming app is possible

however since its the biggest category, what are your top competitiors? limit it to five..

lets have a look at this chart

and you see there is a big gap between the top gaming apps, ranking with a feudal rpg strategy game at rank 1

---

there is more to it however its past midnight here. i would give flawed advice in my sleepy mode. we may talk about it tomorrow again

The more I learned about business the more I became morally opposed to it.
    The system incentivizes infinite consumption in a world of finite resources.

The result is a destroyed environment and dangers to health for the sake of profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
    The more I learned about business the more I became morally opposed to it.
    The system incentivizes infinite consumption in a world of finite resources.

The result is a destroyed environment and dangers to health for the sake of profit.
    thats not necessarily what business stands for. generalizing is always a bad approach

thats not necessarily what business stands for. generalizing is always a bad approach
    Business is about creating so-called win/win scenarios by exchanging goods and services for another or for money. However, this is not taking into account the large scale result of supply and demand. Sure, in order to succeed you need to give value to your customers, but much of value is merely perceived value. The motivation to serve clients is first and foremost for the sake of profit. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
    Business is about creating so-called win/win scenarios by exchanging goods and services for another or for money. However, this is not taking into account the large scale result of supply and demand. Sure, in order to succeed you need to give value to your customers, but much of value is merely perceived value. The motivation to serve clients is first and foremost for the sake of profit. Prove me wrong.
    i see no relation to finite ressources and infinite demands. especially since you generalize "business" as a whole. will there be an infinite demand for energy? yes. will there be an infinite demand for sliderules? you as well do not speak of demand but consumption, meaning you likely based your opinion of consum oriented services such as luxury articles, whereas the market for the fullfilment of base needs experiences a continuing decrease in price, for everyone being able to allow himself satisfaction of said needs.

sure we are still far away from a 100% provision with basic supplies for everyone, but certain big economical institutes as well as certain political governments already try this approach, leading to a welfare state without the population having to suffer from a lack of basic supplies (sweden, germany etc.)

i see no relation to finite ressources and infinite demands. especially since you generalize "business" as a whole. will there be an infinite demand for energy? yes. will there be an infinite demand for sliderules? you as well do not speak of demand but consumption, meaning you likely based your opinion of consum oriented services such as luxury articles, whereas the market for the fullfilment of base needs experiences a continuing decrease in price, for everyone being able to allow himself satisfaction of said needs.

sure we are still far away from a 100% provision with basic supplies for everyone, but certain big economical institutes as well as certain political governments already try this approach, leading to a welfare state without the population having to suffer from a lack of basic supplies (sweden, germany etc.)
    Taking energy as an example, there are several alternatives that are more abundant and more environmentally friendly than fossil fuel. However, promoting these better alternatives mean you're fighting industries that want to keep things stagnant for profit regardless of the long-term consequences. Animal-agriculture alone is responsible for 18% of all greenhouse gas-emissions which is more than the combined exhaust of all transportation.

Also, because profit is priority number 1 for companies, it justifies working children in china to manifacture the iPhone under slave conditions, or children in Congo mining cobalt in dangerous conditions. Demand is caused by advertising which motivates people to buy shit they don't need which creates consumption. You can't really isolate demand when speaking about a problem with consumption. They're two sides of the same coin. People have a demand for cigarettes because they're addicted even though cigarette is linked with causing lung cancer and other cancers and diseases through secondhand smoking. Do the Tobacco industry care? No they just want to make money.

In a 2013 statistic, Big pharma had spent $98.3B on Sales and Marketing while only $65.8B on Research and Development. You think they care about your health when all they give you are either pills that mask whatever symptoms you have or treatments that you need to undergo repeatedly. Whenever a 'cure' comes out like the one for hepatitis C, the average person need to spend a fortune for a full treatment of the drugs involved. Healthcare is a business first and foremost, you can't expect cures that people will take once and move on with their lives aslong as the incentive for profit exist, atleast aslong as it comes before sustainability and health.

So most of the preliminary stuff is done, going to start taking this app business seriously.

So most of the preliminary stuff is done, going to start taking this app business seriously.
    Keep me updated

Keep me updated

So far I've done the following:

Had a website made (www.millennium-apps.com). This is basically just serve as a portfolio. Currently the default tiles are there, but soon I'll remove them and add only three for the games currently in development. Everything else is done, I just gotta write some text for 'About Us.'

Made Google and Apple developer accounts. I still haven't paid the yearly fee though.

Created a Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Have three games in development.

etc

Still have a lot more to do. I need to start posting content on social media. I'm going to post things that will reel in people who are interested in playing mobile games as well as app developers. So things like facts about the app market, future of mobile apps etc. I figure if I provide them real value, and not just try to shove my products down their throat, they'll be more likely to try my stuff when the time comes.

Need to make sure I have accounts with all the major in-app advertising companies.

Need to look as more analytics tools. I know a few for the app market, but I need to become even more familiar with them and I need more tools for social media as well as website analytics. Thankfully I already have experience from other projects.

I'm new to business so any tips are appreciated.

@Bold; @Heart; @Halaros 536;Thought you guys might be interested in my progress thus far.
    Last edited by Pimp of Pimps; 04-29-2016 at 10:47 AM.

Had a website made (www.millennium-apps.com). This is basically just serve as a portfolio. Currently the default tiles are there, but soon I'll remove them and add only three for the games currently in development. Everything else is done, I just gotta write some text for 'About Us.'

Made Good and Apple developer accounts. I still haven't paid the yearly fee though.

etc

Still have a lot more to do. I need to start posting content on social media. I'm going to post things that will reel in people who are interested in playing mobile games as well as app developers. So things like facts about the app market, future of mobile apps etc. I figure if I provide them real value, and not just try to shove my products down their throat, they'll be more likely to try my stuff when the time comes.

Need to make sure I have accounts with all the major in-app advertising companies.

Need to look as more analytics tools. I know a few for the app market, but I need to become even more familiar with them and I need more tools for social media as well as website analytics. Thankfully I already have experience from other projects.

@Bold; @Heart; Thought you guys might be interested in my progress thus far.
    I am about to go sleep so cant check out the site now. But when you are already online do you have a disclaimer / written out terms of conditions? You run into legal trouble if these vital informations are missing. There are lawyers who have specialized in these kind of stuff and put you on court for it

while the laws and regulations are different in the U.S. Than here, the overall matter still remains the same. Disclaimer + terms and conditions are mandatory.

Regarding Twitter and Facebook - let them interact. A tweet which makes people aware of a nice deal for Facebook fans generates friends on the blue and a post on fb promising a deal for your Twitter followers generates the birds. However since you are just starting, you probably have to generate some sort of history at first with equal messages

whatever you do - do not buy likes or followers. It gives you no benefit and there are companies who exploit especially these kind of things

Getting really sleepy now. Gonna head over to the UBD until I fall asleep. Gonna take a look on it tomorrow

Thanks for the advice.

What do you guys know about taxes for sole proprietorships? I've done research on my own, but I wanna see if anyone else can offer advice. Thankfully my father is an accountant, so I won't have to pay for one.

http://kolektakon.com/
    Thanks for the advice.

What do you guys know about taxes for sole proprietorships? I've done research on my own, but I wanna see if anyone else can offer advice. Thankfully my father is an accountant, so I won't have to pay for one.
    My business used to be a sole proprietorship up until 2014. Crash course...

- You will be taxed on all profits of the business no matter how much you take for yourself.
    - You have to pay an annual self-employment tax of 15.3% to social security and medicaid. As a regular employee this tax is garnished from your paychecks throughout the year. As the owner of a sole-proprietorship though, you pay it with your other income tax.
    - One advantage is that you can deduct many things as business expenses to maximize profits (including start up costs!). Will you be working from home? If so, you can write off things like your internet and mobile phone bills. Is there a room in your home you have set aside dedicated solely to your work? If so, you're eligible for a tax break there as well.

Made Google and Apple developer accounts. I still haven't paid the yearly fee though.

etc

@Bold; @Heart; @Halaros 536;Thought you guys might be interested in my progress thus far.
    Saw this site a few days back, cool that you're kicking this off.

In bed atm, but I'll send you a few links to articles of how to build a social media presence. Legit ones from guys who have actually built one. Wishing you the best of luck with it.

“With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! Whether it's impossible or laughable, this is the path that ALL great men walk! If there's a wall in our way, we'll break it down! If there's no path, we'll make it with our own hands! The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!Everlasting Combination: Gurren Lagann! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?! Believe in you who believes in yourself!! Isn't your Drill the one that will pierce the heavens, the earth and through to tomorrow?”
    -- Kamina