Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hmmm...would you buy an i5 6400 (3.3Ghz on turbo) with a AMD Radeon R7 360 2GB graphics card ooooor add €50 and get an i7 6700 (4.0 Ghz on turbo) with a Nvidia Geforce GT 730 2GB. Option #1 is a cute-looking desktop, MSI nightblade while #2 is a mediocre looking Lenovo. 700 bucks and 750 bucks.

My problem is with the GT 730. It is utmost crap compared to the r7 360 apparently . While i7 towers above the i5 @.@

Tips?

Next level Pokemon Go

What is that soundtrack lol

The world may never know.

It will be interesting to see if more stuff like this crops up though. With the success of Go, I think manufacturers have stopped seeing augmented reality as a poor mans virtual reality and is technology that is in fact much more cost effective and simple to make with all the appeal you would need to make a profit

The military is trying to use AR for use with tanks.

http://www.firewall.cx

^ one of the best sites for networking stuff.

Also, anyone else here interested in networks?
    Stay a while, and listen!

I am the great mighty poo, and Im going to throw my shit at you.

Get over here!

The Game Master, here to create amazing games for everyone!

Learn Networking In A Simple Yet Enjoyable Fashion! ↓
    https://chessbrain94.wixsite.com/ifnetworkswerehuman

Quote Originally Posted by Game Master View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.firewall.cx

^ one of the best sites for networking stuff.

Also, anyone else here interested in networks?
    I don't like networking that much but it's something I need to get fairly good at since it's a part of my field too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    I don't like networking that much but it's something I need to get fairly good at since it's a part of my field too.
    Why don't you like it? Is it just not interesting or there's a reason. I don't like programming because it's simply not interesting to me. But just like you, have to know it whether I like it or not

Get over here!

Why don't you like it? Is it just not interesting or there's a reason. I don't like programming because it's simply not interesting to me. But just like you, have to know it whether I like it or not
    Just not very interesting to me. I have the Network+ so I know basic networking.

Started my Networking blog. I take Networking and make it both fun and understandable in an enjoyable fashion.

Although I may not be funny all the time, but my way of writing should make it pretty easy to understand how networks work... That is unless you go into my advanced posts, which will be marked as "Advanced". Those are meant for people who have knowledge about networking already.

There's currently only 1 post there, which I made purely for fun. But if you guys can check the place out, I'd appreciate it And if you can of course share it and all that stuff..

I know it counts ad advertising. But instead of making a thread I am just posting it here, since it's technology related after all... AND it is educational :P

Thanks in advance ;D

Get over here!

Cool website, the layout is really nice and eye catching.

Networking is pretty bland imo, the field seems kinda hollow to me unlike programming which has limitless different applications, networking is basically getting computers to communicate and transfer information as well as connect to the internet, that's probably a massive oversimplification but all i remember from my networking classes were VLSM, OSI model and some cloud tech.

I'm not fond of programming either, but it's undoubtedly more artistic and complex than networking. Unless you go into Network security, which is really intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    Cool website, the layout is really nice and eye catching.

Networking is pretty bland imo, the field seems kinda hollow to me unlike programming which has limitless different applications, networking is basically getting computers to communicate and transfer information as well as connect to the internet, that's probably a massive oversimplification but all i remember from my networking classes were VLSM, OSI model and some cloud tech.

I'm not fond of programming either, but it's undoubtedly more artistic and complex than networking. Unless you go into Network security, which is really intense.
    True Networking is more about fixing rather than making networks. Networks are like puzzles, never similar yet share the same concept.

You can look at it like chess. Always has the same objective but, not exactly the same position everytime.

The reason you think networks are boring is probably because you only opened the door. That's actually why I made the blog.
    My colleagues at the faculty only learned VLSM and OSI and that basic stuff and found it extremely boring. The problem with networking is that you must have some basic understanding of the core aspects before going further. And that barrier is what makes people overlook Networking as a career.

In programming you can see your results immediately after typing cout<<"Hello World<<endl; unlike networking where you need much more knowledge to play around.

And security is actually not necessarily the most complex. Although I agree it is the most requested in our day and age.

Well, thanks for checking the site Stick around, maybe your perspective will change once I go into more physical layer stuff :P or once I am done learning combining networks with Arduino/Raspberry pi.

Who knows, maybe my weird perspective on networks and how I write about it will change your mind :P

Get over here!

https://chessbrain94.wixsite.com/ifn...The-LAN-Family

And the real work starts Not going to post anymore about my blog

--------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand. Anyone has any ideas on how to spread the word about my blog, VM me pls

Get over here!

Well... When I am free and in the mood, I will post some historical (or modern) knowledge that the majority of you probably didn't know already.

And to start it off, I'll just use something simple but pretty much the majority of even IT people don't know. This is something you can learn from books easily or if you practice the craft, so it's not some hidden secret. It's just that people don't bother that much to notice.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Currently, the standard cables used for networks are Cat5e. Cat5e is a UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pair) cable, which costs less to create and thus is more accessible to home users and is reliable even in company networks. Mainly because it supports up to 1Gb speed.

The thing is though! If you take a closer look at your cable:

You realize there are 8 pins!! What's more, the part most people don't know is: a FastEthernet network runs at roughly 100mb... And to carry that trafic, you only need FOUR pins!

So the question now becomes, WTF are those extra 4 pins for ?! Answer is simple really... Future proofing the technology is the main reason. Gigabit connections require all 8 pins, so that's one reason... Second is isolation, although in order to explain this one I would have to explain how cables work. That's a topic for another day

So, now you have realized that you have 4 extra pins! With those you can actually do some interesting experiments. And yes, they do actually work. I only know of 3 currently, but this one is the simplest to implement(if you have the equipment):
    One cable end splitting into two at the end. Which basically looks like a Y letter in the end. This obviously will influence performance, but it's like your home made splitter rather than buying one.
    Last edited by Game Master; 06-14-2017 at 12:54 AM.

Get over here!

Well... When I am free and in the mood, I will post some historical (or modern) knowledge that the majority of you probably didn't know already.

And to start it off, I'll just use something simple but pretty much the majority of even IT people don't know. This is something you can learn from books easily or if you practice the craft, so it's not some hidden secret. It's just that people don't bother that much to notice.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Currently, the standard cables used for networks are Cat5e. Cat5e is a UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pair) cable, which costs less to create and thus is more accessible to home users and is reliable even in company networks. Mainly because it supports up to 1Gb speed.

The thing is though! If you take a closer look at your cable:

You realize there are 8 pins!! What's more, the part most people don't know is: a FastEthernet network runs at roughly 100mb... And to carry that trafic, you only need FOUR pins!

So the question now becomes, WTF are those extra 4 pins for ?! Answer is simple really... Future proofing the technology is the main reason. Gigabit connections require all 8 pins, so that's one reason... Second is isolation, although in order to explain this one I would have to explain how cables work. That's a topic for another day

So, now you have realized that you have 4 extra pins! With those you can actually do some interesting experiments. And yes, they do actually work. I only know of 3 currently, but this one is the simplest to implement(if you have the equipment):
    One cable end splitting into two at the end. Which basically looks like a Y letter in the end. This obviously will influence performance, but it's like your home made splitter rather than buying one.
    Im with like the most basic internt provider, and Ive never really had much problems. I only download on average like 2gb a day though and even thats probably pushing it

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
    Im with like the most basic internt provider, and Ive never really had much problems. I only download on average like 2gb a day though and even thats probably pushing it
    Chances are you're probably downloading more than that. You just don't feel it. I mean if you watch YT videos daily. You've probably already broken the 2gb mark. Not to mention overall browsing, watching anime, reading manga etc...

That post was simply meant give knowledge that people don't have. It doesn't really solve a lot by itself. But that + some higher understanding​ of technology and you can solve actual problems in company networks. None of this really matters in small home or even small office networks.

Get over here!

what sort of gadgets do you guys own?
    ​

Negging anyone who replies with "Fidget Spinners"

I don't think I own any gadget worth mentioning. My dad has a tool to see underwater cables. He works in an organization that handles the water system for the area where I live

Thanks to Cake~

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    what sort of gadgets do you guys own?
    Not exactly "gadget" but more like tools. Since I am a network engineer, I have my own cable tools. Basically anything that is required to set up or fix cables of pretty much any kind (except fiber optic)

Get over here!