Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47
  1. #1
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    17,658

    Gourmet World Activity & Interest Thread.

    Dear members of TMF, whether or not you read Toriko, I hope you can take time to read through this thread. Thanks in advance
    I want to update you all on the status of the Toriko section as in how it is currently doing and show you my plans for the future.

    Status of the section: The interest in the manga itself is growing and declining at the same time, it's tough to keep up a majority of positive vibes and interest regarding this manga. I've been working on that somewhat with some long-term not so detailed plans I thought of a while ago (some of them failed, but some are still in progress) I am not embarrassed to say that we including myself could do much better to improve this.

    Something I have noticed that TMF has quite a few members that represent a community, a very chaotic one, but still a somewhat close community. I must say I've been missing this feeling in the Gourmet World, it seems we all have the same interest (Toriko) but we can't communicate as a close group of people discussing the things we love. Which I feel is essential for the overall activity and fun in a section. I also tried to work on some of this, but some of my ideas ended up flopping or I had not put enough effort in them.


    My status as a mod: As a mod of the Toriko section, I'm proud to represent a section that is about my favourite manga where I can talk, discuss, share have fun with this story and ultimately introduce new people into this same manga that I love and share my interest with other people. naturally I hope that people are pleased with the section.

    Some of you say I'm neglecting my job or that I'm lazy or inactive compared to others. I have said that I'm working on some longterm plans, but I agree and can't deny that I'm a human with flaws where there's actually been many times I've been slacking off myself, I promise you that I'm not entirely doing nothing and will try to look for ways to improve, ideas are welcome.


    Quality of the series: As a mod of the Toriko section I know and can easily see that the quality of a manga strongly affects the mood of people who are interested in said series & section. For Toriko I can tell you that the series has many flaws, some that makes it pretty others that make things look bad or cringeworthy. The quality has decreased significantly compared to how it used to be, but same can be said for many other manga's. I can also say that despite quality having dropped, it's still not a bad manga, especially not overall.

    As a mod of the Toriko section, I can tell you that even if the manga turns utter shit(let's pray to god,allah,buddha,our ancestors the monkeys or whoever this doesn't happen) the quality of the series will not matter from this point on.
    The fact that Toriko is a section on this site, means that at least some point a lot of people were involved and loved this manga, the fact that this is a section on TMF, means that it generates interest, activity and discussions. The fact that Toriko is a section on this site, means that when it remains a section we will try to keep it a good section no matter what state the series itself is in.

    Activity of the section: The activity of our section is simply said poor. Which is partially my fault, but not entirely. How can we fix this? It's rather easy if we work together. We have a bunch of people who are interested in the section and we're gaining more interest. I've always said that I don't plan on spamming, which I don't and that despite me leading the section not everything should be up to me, which I still think. but I've slightly changed my stance on this, perhaps my interest, inspiration and motivation would be greater if everyone else would have some more of that as well.

    I want the people of Gourmet World whether a regular or someone that doesn't post there as often, to feel like part of a group or community and if I haven't made any of that possible and if I haven't made enough threads or posts or you feel neglected, I deeply apologise. I realise that sometimes there are members who feel neglected or not part of a group and I know there are members who feel like no one will post if they made a thread, or if someone made a long detailed posts with their thoughts that no one actually replies. I want to apologise for that as well, sometimes I really want to reply but forget about it a bit later or sometimes I just don't know what to say.


    Personal mindset, long-term plans & new plans: My personal mindset is rather "elite". I wanted quality posts in my section and no spamming whatsoever, which would be rather useless or trashy comments or simply forum games because I have a personal grudge against them. When I was still a contributor and the section and the whole forum almost died in late/winter 2014 iirc I got really tired of carrying my section, when everyone was really negative, people left and the forum got real quiet, aside from a few personal problems irl and being busy I said that I did not want to become a person that would try my hardest to keep posting and try to keep up my section, but that I would become a person that wanted to create interest for my section and wanted more other people to take the initiative and create threads or discussions, My idea was a cozy bigger group of people discussing the manga that I loved. The idea in itself was good and some plans for it are still running, but I was naive.

    Despite my mindset back then, I was/am naive. I started thinking in the complete opposite direction while forgetting about the previous side of me. I started meddling more with the forum itself rather than just my own section so I've been keeping myself busy with a lot of parliaments stuff as well, because I wanted to improve the quality of the forum as a whole to generate more interest in what the forum was for (manga's) and keep the quality and attention in our main sections. PH, KP & GW. I didn't even care for anything other than these sections. I wanted more interest in the GW so I only focused on getting people to read it. Sometimes I had a moment where I'd take a look on the other side and put effort into some new idea's such as:

    Toriko manga volume extra's (fun facts & extra's that are displayed in the manga volumes): http://www.millenniumforums.com/show...Volume-Extra-s
    Mention list (for people to generate interest in interesting topics that could use activity): http://www.millenniumforums.com/show...-mentions-here
    The Gourmet Legion (an initiative for a group of people to have fun in the GW, with ranks, events and more here and there): http://www.millenniumforums.com/group.php?groupid=45
    My signature which has links to my profile, the Toriko series and the Gourmet Legion.
    Getting a lot of people into Toriko letting them make reading logs.

    Some initiatives failed due to forum limitations or my scanner fucking up or me not putting so much effort and some of these initiatives are still in progress. but fuck me for talking so long about myself and my flaws, it's about the section here.

    TL;DR: The Point is, I've neglected part of my job and perhaps I have seen the light, maybe this is just another temporary thing, but if it is I wanted to share this with you all as soon as possible before that moment is over. so I should start posting more, start more threads, having you all feel comfy with eachother and make the section an overall more fun experience.


    But to achieve all of this, I also need all of you to help me out by doing the same things. This goes for other sections as well, but if we want to have a good section, why not just do it? We can't be negative and a bunch of emo's forever. How about we all have a good time and make something fun of our time on this forum? Don't be scared to befriend one another or have a friendly conversation in the section. Don't be afraid to post your opinion or feel neglected, if it's the case you can even mention me and I'll try to look at it, reply to it and mention those who are in the gourmet mention list. If you have a problem, an idea or anything you could always VM or PM me and we can simply talk about it.

    I want Gourmet World to be a fun experience, so join us on our Denshark Chooochoo train and have a blast till the Final Land Station.

    Sorry for the TL;DR guys, I love you all whether you read it or not.

    Your friendly neighbourhood Nazi-Mod,
    Ichiryuu


    @Pimp of Pimps @Myst @DoflaMihawk @Spambot @Killche3 @Q @Makenzye @FerreiraDaSilva @Louis-954 @Y @ShinjoXXXX @Ichiryuu @The Shogun of Shoguns @Bloodborne @RenjiRaizen @Shunssj @Emperor Rai @KoTen @Bambino @Crispinianus @WILD @Ccrack @Unbound @felixng2015 @damage3245 @Skydragon @D @DonSlime;

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  2. #2
    I do have some suggestion and my plan for the section.

    You gotta find a good contributor for your section

    and I'll be helping out if I can.




    一百万年白日梦冰蚕(1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm)
    四十万年冰玉皇帝蝎子(400,000 Years Ice Jade Emperor Scorpion Hyotei)
    七十万年冰天堂雪女雪雪皇帝(700,000 Years Ice Heavenly Snow Woman 'Snow Emperor' Xue Nu)

    十万年八角神秘冰厂(100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant)
    三十万年冰熊国王小白(300,000 Years Ice Bear King Xiao Bai)
    十万年海美人公主李雅(100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Li Ya)
    七十万年恶魔皇帝(700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor)

    Limit Individual, 'The strength to move unhindered throughout the world'


  3. #3
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    17,658
    I'm indeed still looking forward to a contributor, anyone who likes the series and is dedicated to both the series and the section that creates some activity, ideas and has originality can be one. I'm just waiting for the right person to pop up. There have been potential candidates, but so far not exactly what I'm looking for.

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm indeed still looking forward to a contributor, anyone who likes the series and is dedicated to both the series and the section that creates some activity, ideas and has originality can be one. I'm just waiting for the right person to pop up. There have been potential candidates, but so far not exactly what I'm looking for.
    We shouldn't be too picky here and one of those potential candidates could "bloomed"




    一百万年白日梦冰蚕(1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm)
    四十万年冰玉皇帝蝎子(400,000 Years Ice Jade Emperor Scorpion Hyotei)
    七十万年冰天堂雪女雪雪皇帝(700,000 Years Ice Heavenly Snow Woman 'Snow Emperor' Xue Nu)

    十万年八角神秘冰厂(100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant)
    三十万年冰熊国王小白(300,000 Years Ice Bear King Xiao Bai)
    十万年海美人公主李雅(100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Li Ya)
    七十万年恶魔皇帝(700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor)

    Limit Individual, 'The strength to move unhindered throughout the world'


  5. #5
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    17,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodborne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We shouldn't be too picky here and one of those potential candidates could "bloomed"
    I agree, but most of those potential candidates aren't considered anymore or I want to wait what this thread does to perhaps find one. This thread is after all part of one of my new plans, I do hope people will take the time to read it through though.

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  6. #6
    Crispinianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    40,352


    I'm almost a ghostly presence in GW but I met a lot of people worth to talk with and I don't plan to abandon the section. Now that I caught up I lost some momentum, it was inevitable, but I'm always up for a discussion, both light-hearted ones and effort-taking ones, as both are essential to build a great section experience.

    I'm most definitely embarking on the Denshark but I admit I like the Octomelon better

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, but most of those potential candidates aren't considered anymore or I want to wait what this thread does to perhaps find one. This thread is after all part of one of my new plans, I do hope people will take the time to read it through though.
    I read through it completely because it's you only.

    Normally would of dismissed it for tl;dr




    一百万年白日梦冰蚕(1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm)
    四十万年冰玉皇帝蝎子(400,000 Years Ice Jade Emperor Scorpion Hyotei)
    七十万年冰天堂雪女雪雪皇帝(700,000 Years Ice Heavenly Snow Woman 'Snow Emperor' Xue Nu)

    十万年八角神秘冰厂(100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant)
    三十万年冰熊国王小白(300,000 Years Ice Bear King Xiao Bai)
    十万年海美人公主李雅(100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Li Ya)
    七十万年恶魔皇帝(700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor)

    Limit Individual, 'The strength to move unhindered throughout the world'


  8. #8
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    17,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodborne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I read through it completely because it's you only.

    Normally would of dismissed it for tl;dr

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  9. #9
    The candidates we should call in are
    @Skydragon; @Albion; If they have any interest in picking up the contributor position.

    Like Tom said, there is no harm in contributing them. If they suck, they'll just get demoted. LLAB!

    @WILD; if he has any intention of retaking his crown.




    一百万年白日梦冰蚕(1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm)
    四十万年冰玉皇帝蝎子(400,000 Years Ice Jade Emperor Scorpion Hyotei)
    七十万年冰天堂雪女雪雪皇帝(700,000 Years Ice Heavenly Snow Woman 'Snow Emperor' Xue Nu)

    十万年八角神秘冰厂(100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant)
    三十万年冰熊国王小白(300,000 Years Ice Bear King Xiao Bai)
    十万年海美人公主李雅(100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Li Ya)
    七十万年恶魔皇帝(700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor)

    Limit Individual, 'The strength to move unhindered throughout the world'


  10. #10
    Magistrate of Hentai Ccrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    england
    Posts
    2,211
    iv not posted in chapter discussions much recently since me and wild just talk about it over skype

    the last chapter had a lot of info that im still trying to wrap my head around, might post about it if i find anything concrete

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccrack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    iv not posted in chapter discussions much recently since me and wild just talk about it over skype
    Bring them in the chapter thread pls. It'd help.




    一百万年白日梦冰蚕(1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm)
    四十万年冰玉皇帝蝎子(400,000 Years Ice Jade Emperor Scorpion Hyotei)
    七十万年冰天堂雪女雪雪皇帝(700,000 Years Ice Heavenly Snow Woman 'Snow Emperor' Xue Nu)

    十万年八角神秘冰厂(100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant)
    三十万年冰熊国王小白(300,000 Years Ice Bear King Xiao Bai)
    十万年海美人公主李雅(100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Li Ya)
    七十万年恶魔皇帝(700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor)

    Limit Individual, 'The strength to move unhindered throughout the world'


  12. #12
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    17,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccrack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    iv not posted in chapter discussions much recently since me and wild just talk about it over skype

    the last chapter had a lot of info that im still trying to wrap my head around, might post about it if i find anything concrete
    You guys should try to talk about things in threads, more minds can think of more possibilities. I won't be as strict to say to stop discussing things completely in the cb, but I'll still try to motivate people to take it to threads.

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodborne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The candidates we should call in are
    @Skydragon; @Albion; If they have any interest in picking up the contributor position.

    Like Tom said, there is no harm in contributing them. If they suck, they'll just get demoted. LLAB!

    @WILD; if he has any intention of retaking his crown.
    Going for TA Contributor, atm.
    But that might change once I catch up, but that's gonna take a while.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Going for TA Contributor, atm.
    But that might change once I catch up, but that's gonna take a while.
    Tootsuki Academy eh? Y is currently dominating that spot though

    Will wait for the news when you do catch up




    一百万年白日梦冰蚕(1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm)
    四十万年冰玉皇帝蝎子(400,000 Years Ice Jade Emperor Scorpion Hyotei)
    七十万年冰天堂雪女雪雪皇帝(700,000 Years Ice Heavenly Snow Woman 'Snow Emperor' Xue Nu)

    十万年八角神秘冰厂(100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant)
    三十万年冰熊国王小白(300,000 Years Ice Bear King Xiao Bai)
    十万年海美人公主李雅(100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Li Ya)
    七十万年恶魔皇帝(700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor)

    Limit Individual, 'The strength to move unhindered throughout the world'


  15. #15
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    17,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Going for TA Contributor, atm.
    But that might change once I catch up, but that's gonna take a while.
    Looking forward to have you joining our discussions Albion. You'll have more material for the UBD as well.

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodborne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tootsuki Academy eh? Y is currently dominating that spot though

    Will wait for the news when you do catch up
    I figured he should be promoted to Mod though so I can get that spot.

    I'll let you know as soon as I'm done.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I figured he should be promoted to Mod though so I can get that spot.

    I'll let you know as soon as I'm done.
    But you'll be a contributor for quite some time if that happens since...you know, Y is taking that mod seat.

    Ichiryuu have been a mod for quite a long time so this direction have more realistic chances of you obtaining modship too.





    一百万年白日梦冰蚕(1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm)
    四十万年冰玉皇帝蝎子(400,000 Years Ice Jade Emperor Scorpion Hyotei)
    七十万年冰天堂雪女雪雪皇帝(700,000 Years Ice Heavenly Snow Woman 'Snow Emperor' Xue Nu)

    十万年八角神秘冰厂(100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant)
    三十万年冰熊国王小白(300,000 Years Ice Bear King Xiao Bai)
    十万年海美人公主李雅(100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Li Ya)
    七十万年恶魔皇帝(700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor)

    Limit Individual, 'The strength to move unhindered throughout the world'


  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking forward to have you joining our discussions Albion. You'll have more material for the UBD as well.
    I'm trying to avoid the UBD atm. But I'll gladly join Toriko Discussions.

  19. #19
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    17,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm trying to avoid the UBD atm. But I'll gladly join Toriko Discussions.
    Well, I had been meddling in all kinds of forum sections and parliaments stuff because I wanted to improve the whole forum and become an admin to change stuff etc. but for now when things work out a lot more for the Toriko section I'll try to do a bit more about the UBD.

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodborne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But you'll be a contributor for quite some time if that happens since...you know, Y is taking that mod seat.

    Ichiryuu have been a mod for quite a long time so this direction have more realistic chances of you obtaining modship too.

    I rather just stay as a contributor, it shows that I somewhat helped the forum.
    Never thought about becoming a mod, seems like a lot of work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •