Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Every story needs a good old-fashioned villain.

Zutto zutto zutto zutto Makenzye's Avatar
    God that looks sorta bad.

Typical E3.

So are we using this thread for the game? Or is there another?

"Don't count the days, make the days count"

Updated the title

Looks like Nintendo made the right call delaying it till now.

So where does this game take place in the timeline?

Been playing it on Switch for the past day. This game is fantastic.

I feel like a lot of games have a huge open world just for the sake of having one, whereas in this game the world is full of places to explore and things to do, it's a blast just running around and seeing how far you can get before running into enemies that you have nearly no chance of getting past with your current weapons and armor.

I've only explored a fraction of the world so far and it feels like I've gone a long way already, I really can't wait to jump back into it and see what else the game has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari Vivi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So where does this game take place in the timeline?
    Anybody's guess at this point. Some feel it takes place after LttP
    Not everyone who works hard is rewarded! However, all those who succeed have worked hard!

Tell me I won't be the only one running to the final boss at the very beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    Tell me I won't be the only one running to the final boss at the very beginning?
    LEEEEEEROY JENKIIIIIIINSSSS!!
    Not everyone who works hard is rewarded! However, all those who succeed have worked hard!

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    You won't get as far
    Every story needs a good old-fashioned villain.

I'm gonna try and keep spoilers as few as possible in here, so please look away from this is you're thinking I might accidentally reveal something: CRISPI STAY OUT.

So BotW? Good game. A massive departure from a Zelda game to say the least, but a good game nonetheless.

When I started playing it, I was taken aback immediately by the fact that Link 1) has a stamina meter and can dash and 2) can jump. JUMP. WTF? I cried out, but it's not a big problem. So I get outside of the little starting zone and DAMN them visuals be pretty as all get out. Color, brightness, just a huge saturation of well done artistic stuff. Running around blah blah blah. Screw it, let's just talk about the bigger points.

Things which stuck out to me (aside from jumping and dashing):

When I first started playing I was getting a real Elder Scrolls vibe, but as time went on I was getting a lot more State of Decay vibe from this game. I mean this game is NOTHING like other Zelda games as I've been playing it. This thing is about as much Zelda as Hyrule Warriors was. I wouldn't say this is a Zelda game in name only, situation though. This is through and through Zelda in how the emphasis on this world is heavy exploration and exploitation of items and puzzles.

It has an open world, but it is GORGEOUS and inviting for those who love exploration (like I said above), but this is where one of the first really big State of Decay hints come at me (spoiler ahead). Link has a map on his stone made tablet (Sheikah Slate), but the map is empty with clearly defined regions of emptiness. That's because you have to (after the first) climb these gigantic towers to open up regions of the map. Just like the water towers in State of Decay. And then these turn into warp points. What makes these towers most useful is how you can just use your tablet thing to look around and lay markers that you see from a distance to the overhauled dungeon system. I actually really enjoy the heck out of this system because you get up and you get a breathtaking look over everything.

Speaking of dungeons... So this is a big point of contention for many people I've heard. There are a few big changes with dungeons. So far for me, the formal dungeons are gone. In their places are condensed puzzles that quickly get you to the goal. Another big change is how special items seems to be gone, and in their place are "runes" you can activate that you get from the first part of the game. What is also odd is how these runes are received at the very beginning of each puzzle, and then the puzzle challenges you on them. Other puzzles are logic ones and the like which use these abilities or movement controls and the like. Perhaps the biggest change to the dunegon mechanic is how you attain spirit orbs at the end, and these constitute hearts and health power ups. No longer do you just get a floating heart from the top, you have to get four of these orbs and find special statues which allow you to upgrade your heart containers or your stamina meter. It's a bizarre concept, but it's kind of interesting how you get to pick and choose how your character grows I guess.

Another big change? Rupees. They're there, but you don't find them by cutting grass or killing enemies. You're either paid them, find them in chests, sell stuff, or... I take it back, I've found one enemy that pays me when they're dead. And the game is a bit stingy.

Speaking of stingy? Arrows. Jesus Christ those are stingy.

So to the weapons. This is where the State of Decay feel comes in again. Weapons all break. EVERY weapon I've had can break. From oversized iron blacksmithing hammers to shields and even bows. You have a melee weapon list which you can upgrade, but it allows you to hold I think seven different weapons to select between, four shield slots (which can also be upgraded) and I think five bow spots which can be upgraded, too. The problem is these weapons break all the damn time. ALL THE DAMN TIME. I busted a fucking club doing a rush attack. You'll get a small notification, and if you look in the menu you can tell which weapons are close to breaking when they blink red. Unfortunately there's no other indicator. This also means all the weapons are "non standard." You don't get a Kokiri Sword or White Sword (though I know you DO get the Master Sword and I assume that DOESN'T break). However, in no other Zelda game do you get to use a skeleton arm that tries to grope you while sheathed. Unfortunately arms break really easily.

I'll talk more later, but I'm gonna go play more now.

I got this game on the Wii U. No real need to buy a new system for the same game with superior graphics.

ahhh fucckkk I want this but I don't own WiiU nor Switch. oh well.

it has cute waifus

Thanks to Myst~

Burn in hell, Hinox!

I tried to look up strategies on this asshole, but it seems nobody else has really run into him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    it has cute waifus

Doesn't get much cuter than this. @Crispinianus;

WEIRD

TASTES

I finally got the game downloaded. Hopefully I can play it today.

"Don't count the days, make the days count"