Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Night of Darkness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember that the world is waiting for their return statement?
    I forgot

But until we know what that means exactly, I'll rate them below Doflamingo.

I honestly think that the Dukes would be more than just an arc ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Night of Darkness View Post
    I honestly think that the Dukes would be more than just an arc ally.
    Like how people thought Doflamingo would more than just a saga antagonist?

Quote Originally Posted by X
    Come her and fuck me like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    Why is this even a thead?

The Dukes have some importance on the world as a whole.

They should be more than just helping the SHs on Zou.

Quote Originally Posted by M View Post
    I don't see them being stronger than Kid or Law, much less Luffy or Zoro.
    Much less Luffy and zoro? So Kid and Law are clearly below Zoro now? lol don't trust anything this guy has to say on this thread guys, he decided to troll from the start.
    ​​

Quote Originally Posted by D View Post
    Much less Luffy and zoro? So Kid and Law are clearly below Zoro now? lol don't trust anything this guy has to say on this thread guys, he decided to troll from the start.
    Luffy=Zoro > Kid=Law

Luffy=Zoro > Kid=Law
    ​​

So do you actually have anything to say, or are you just shit-posting like usual?

So do you actually have anything to say, or are you just shit-posting like usual?

When do I ever have to shitpost? Also there's nothing to say, you said it yourself Luffy=Zoro>Kid=Law, nothing to argue there, to say it was an argument it would mean you have counter evidence to prove Zoro is above Law and Kid and at the same time be equal to Luffy when Law and Luffy already have better feats. and Kid has better portrayal. You don't know how obviously defensive you come off as, and how it affects your way of judging which isn't something a Veteran of TMF should be doing, especially when showcasing an "argument" like this one which has doesn't even have a basis to begin with. You should make some real claims that you can back with actual evidence not some biased opinion used to make any point you want.

That's why I choose to say nothing as there is nothing argue, there would be no reason.

"An argument is not the same thing as a quarrel. The goal of an argument is not to attack your opponent, or to impress your audience. The goal of an argument is to offer good reasons in support of your conclusion, reasons that all parties to your dispute can accept."
    ​​

When do I ever have to shitpost? Also there's nothing to say, you said it yourself Luffy=Zoro>Kid=Law, nothing to argue there, to say it was an argument it would mean you have counter evidence to prove Zoro is above Law and Kid and at the same time be equal to Luffy when Law and Luffy already have better feats. and Kid has better portrayal. You don't know how obviously defensive you come off as, and how it affects your way of judging which isn't something a Veteran of TMF should be doing, especially when showcasing an "argument" like this one which has doesn't even have a basis to begin with. You should make some real claims that you can back with actual evidence not some biased opinion used to make any point you want.

That's why I choose to say nothing as there is nothing argue, there would be no reason.

"An argument is not the same thing as a quarrel. The goal of an argument is not to attack your opponent, or to impress your audience. The goal of an argument is to offer good reasons in support of your conclusion, reasons that all parties to your dispute can accept."
    Law has no better feats than Zoro. And Kid has no better portrayal.

I have nothing else to say as I'd prefer to not get involved in a debate with you, I already provided reasons as to why and you just further supported them by the remark you just made. Have a good day and Happy Huntings.

- - - Updated - - -

Also a bit disappointed, I regarded you as one of the smarter people on TMF. I know you're knowledgable in other areas at least.
    ​​

I rated them equal or slightly weaker than Doflamingo before and now I haven't changed my rating too much but I am a bit more confident now in saying they are equal to Doflamingo. Perhaps physically even more powerful but who do not have something like awakening on their side. They received tremendous hype this chapter as they have been receiving throughout the arc. And I feel like my rating is a nice balance between touting them as top tier or on the other hand saying they are weaker than the supernova top 5-6.

Without a limb each I say they are as strong as Luffy and with their current injuries included Zoro and Law would definitively beat them.

Law has no better feats than Zoro. And Kid has no better portrayal.
    Give him the Corus's post.

Maybe then will he see Zoro as being near equal to Luffy.

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Strong enough that I can see one of them fighting a supernova at their strongest in casual mode.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Analon View Post
    Give him the Corus's post.

Maybe then will he see Zoro as being near equal to Luffy.
    I wasn't really saying that. I think Luffy would probably high diff Zoro as things stand now. G4 is too powerful. They're still close because G4 is so limited, but in peak power Luffy is outrageously strong currently seeing what he did to Doffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coruscation View Post
    I wasn't really saying that. I think Luffy would probably high diff Zoro as things stand now. G4 is too powerful. They're still close because G4 is so limited, but in peak power Luffy is outrageously strong currently seeing what he did to Doffy.
    I see.

Like how people thought Doflamingo would more than just a saga antagonist?

There's actually reason to assume this for the Dukes, we were told the world was waiting on the two Dukes, I think that's a valid reason to assume they aren't just going to be stuck on the elephant the whole time.

I don't know who thought Doflamingo would be more than just a saga antagonist, but there was never any reason to think that. What do you even mean by just a saga antagonist? How do you be more than a saga antagonist anyways? Getting your own saga to be the antagonist of is probably the peak of what you can aim for as a villain; Akainu and Blackbeard, the two biggest villains being built up, are most likely going to be realized as "saga antagonists".

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    There's actually reason to assume this for the Dukes, we were told the world was waiting on the two Dukes, I think that's a valid reason to assume they aren't just going to be stuck on the elephant the whole time.

I don't know who thought Doflamingo would be more than just a saga antagonist, but there was never any reason to think that. What do you even mean by just a saga antagonist? How do you be more than a saga antagonist anyways? Getting your own saga to be the antagonist of is probably the peak of what you can aim for as a villain; Akainu and Blackbeard, the two biggest villains being built up, are most likely going to be realized as "saga antagonists".
    Akainu, Big Mom, Blackbeard and Kaido are more overarching than mere saga antagonists.

Akainu, Big Mom, Blackbeard and Kaido are more overarching than mere saga antagonists.
    But that's ultimately what they'll become, saga antagonists. I don't see what's so "mere" about being a saga antagonist, especially if it's the longest saga to date. Doflamingo is an overarching villain though, connections to the slave trade, Kaidou, and connections to the nobility and criminal underworld. He's not some dude like Enel or Arlong who were contained to one island and defeated, the overall world of One Piece is feeling impacts with his defeat; I'd say he's overarching enough for what he was.

As for being in more arcs, Doflamingo already had a very lengthy buildup arc with Punk Hazard and and then was the main villain in the midst of the longest arc to date that just about everyone felt was dragging on; there was never any reason to assume Dofla would be pulled out to get a third arc on top of this. People who thought we'd get a third lengthy arc dedicated to Dofla or that he'd be on the same level as the Yonkou or Akainu in the grand scheme of things were probably deluded Dofla fanboys

It's a much different situation than with the Dukes who are being built up in a setup arc after the threat already blew by, and who we've been told can't die because the world is waiting for them. There's clearly something larger planned with these two.

Adviser
    Zou arc is nothing like Dressrosa Arc. As of now, there is no big bad to defeat, no kingdom to re-claim, and it's not as grand and large of a scale. It is feeling like a mini-arc to me, I don't even know if there will be any big bad to fight. It might just be like Amazon Lily, where the SHs stick around for a bit then go on to some other things. Duke Inuarashi and Master Nekomamushi are definitely being built up from pretty much every passing chapter, they have an important role to play. They aren't your saga allies like Kyros was.