Page 941 of 965 FirstFirst ... 441841891931939940941942943951 ... LastLast
Results 18,801 to 18,820 of 19288

Thread: Fairy Tail

Quote Originally Posted by The Saiyan Prince Vegeta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's funny how it all comes back to that quote from August saying "If his majesty's son were to be defeated, it could only be at the hands of his mother"

Lo and behold, what defeats August? His mother.

Will Hiro ever learn how to properly treat hype.
    Every story needs a good old-fashioned villain.

Acno better take things to the next level since by August's own admission he can't do anything to him.

But I doubt it.
    We'll toss the dice however they fall,
    and snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
    then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
    to dance with Jak o' the Shadows.

People still holding onto hope regarding FT.

RIP August.

August>>>Human Irene.

People can be hypocrites sometimes, whenever fraudrin tries to nuke Britannia everyone is fine with that, but when August does it, everyone gets grouchy and judgmental, I see how that is.
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

Quote Originally Posted by COV View Post
    People can be hypocrites sometimes, whenever fraudrin tries to nuke Britannia everyone is fine with that, but when August does it, everyone gets grouchy and judgmental, I see how that is.
    Nonsense. People have dissed him quite hard for that.
    That aside, the demons have shown to be capable of compassion and emotion, Meliodas being the prime example. It's not completely outrageous that Fraudin would get attached to the boy, even if unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Nonsense. People have dissed him quite hard for that.
    That aside, the demons have shown to be capable of compassion and emotion, Meliodas being the prime example. It's not completely outrageous that Fraudin would get attached to the boy, even if unlikely.
    It was totally out of character since Fraudrin had shown ruthlessness and manipulation for his entire development
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

Quote Originally Posted by COV View Post
    It was totally out of character since Fraudrin had shown ruthlessness and manipulation for his entire development
    A lot of fictional and real characters have shown weakness for children. Hell, even some otherwise dangerous animals have shown displays of affection and/or protection towards children. That, and there's also a possibility of a twist of Stockholm syndrome, or whatever you may call it, where Fraudrin pretended to be a loving father.

It's far more likely for Fraudrin to be emotional towards a child he's nursed for a few years, than August being a man-child and crying for his mommy.

A large difference imo is that Fraudrin was known to be relatively weak before. We didn't expect any impressive feats from him and we didn't expect him to cause lot of damage to the good guys. His reaction to Griamore was more of a redeeming moment for him.

August was already presented as an honorable man so his character is not really growing from that. Everyone expected a large moveset and impressive feats from him from the moment he appeared and effortlessly blocked Laxus' attack that was supposed to kill Azir but all we got since his appearance was hype and hype and hype but no great feat. In the last chapter we hoped he and Irene would save the Spriggans' honor since they kept getting defeated in humiliating ways. Both of them had received incredible hype and were presented as absolute monsters. And what do we get? They both end up forfeiting and killing themselves, talk about an anticlimactic development

That being said, it's actually better than what I feared so I might be happy in the end

Man was August dull or what.
    Explore the world around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Don Dedede View Post
    A large difference imo is that Fraudrin was known to be relatively weak before. We didn't expect any impressive feats from him and we didn't expect him to cause lot of damage to the good guys. His reaction to Griamore was more of a redeeming moment for him.

August was already presented as an honorable man so his character is not really growing from that. Everyone expected a large moveset and impressive feats from him from the moment he appeared and effortlessly blocked Laxus' attack that was supposed to kill Azir but all we got since his appearance was hype and hype and hype but no great feat. In the last chapter we hoped he and Irene would save the Spriggans' honor since they kept getting defeated in humiliating ways. Both of them had received incredible hype and were presented as absolute monsters. And what do we get? They both end up forfeiting and killing themselves, talk about an anticlimactic development

That being said, it's actually better than what I feared so I might be happy in the end
    well when you have his character as a honorable guy, it was expected to end that way so you can't blame him for admitting that the only way he can be defeated was by his mother. And with Irene being Erza's mother and her true feelings deceiving her, it was expected to end that way anyway

Fraudrin, doesn't matter what his power level is, it is about his personality which showed him to be lying, manipulative and cruel, yet at the end he just suddenly cared about humans, that was just stupid.

but none of that matters now when it looks like something is going on with END's book, looking foreward to that more than anything else.
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

He didn't care about humans in general.

He cared about Griamor only

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."

@COV;

You must have missed my last post. Otherwise you would surely refute it.

we might actually be getting demon dragon natsu?

- - - Updated - - -

can't complain about how august went out

feels kinda anti-climatic and wish he had more panel time, but at least this didn't tarnish his character

wish mavis had to do more than just make an appearance to "defeat" him tho
    MARIA I'M DRUNK

Quote Originally Posted by Jjcb View Post
    He didn't care about humans in general.

He cared about Griamor only
    That's stupid, weird, convenient and last minute notice, if there isn't a word that combines all four of these into one, then I will devote my life to invent the word that best describes all those.
    @Zentos; no, what you are thinking is a compromised Spy, like in Allies

- - - Updated - - -

Chapter 528 Demon Dragon!?!?

alright getting excited again!
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

Holy shit
    @Y; Unban Trivecta and COV for a few days, I wanna see them go at it

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."

Quote Originally Posted by Jjcb View Post
    Holy shit
    @Y; Unban Trivecta and COV for a few days, I wanna see them go at it
    Yeah. Please Y?

Had a feeling this was how it was going to end.

August was unmotivated as hell. Its rarely I see a character that only put in the minimum required effort. If it wasn't in his job description he would probably never have joined in the first place.

The part about Mavis was the the only excuse he could find that could satisfy his pride. If he had something important to do back home he would have spirited himself away long ago.
    The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!