Quote Originally Posted by Rax, The Hero From Beyond View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go fap to your edgy manga

TG sucks

- - - Updated - - -

Igneel didn't stay dead?:hm

Or Lucy's Dad?

Or Silver?

I wouldn't really call Lucy's Dad a real "tear jerker" of a character who had a lot of mainstay. While Igneel was mentioned and was important to a character, he never really had a lot to make us as readers or viewers grow with him. Silver was straight up designed to die in a single arc.

Not exactly super impacting deaths. Igneel was important to Natsu, and we were meant to feel bad for Natsu.

I'm talking about lasting impact deaths to how we read the manga itself. We don't expect important primary characters to die because they just don't.

Red Hero Rax, The Hero From Beyond's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    I wouldn't really call Lucy's Dad a real "tear jerker" of a character who had a lot of mainstay. While Igneel was mentioned and was important to a character, he never really had a lot to make us as readers or viewers grow with him. Silver was straight up designed to die in a single arc.

Not exactly super impacting deaths. Igneel was important to Natsu, and we were meant to feel bad for Natsu.

I'm talking about lasting impact deaths to how we read the manga itself. We don't expect important primary characters to die because they just don't.
    Igneel was very deeply sought out in Natsu's backstory and we saw glimpses of him throughout the manga.

This was especially apparently when Gildarts made his first appearance.

Igneel's efforts clearly impacted the rest of the manga since it hindered Acnologia and lead to his eventual defeat.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Half of the series Kaneki just beta male teeters around like a harem manga MC.

Again, if you have a problem with good guys not dying often don't read big mainstream Shonen.
    What? Do you really expect me to take you seriously? Once again you're showing your lack of decent arguments. As soon as someone says that your favorite series sucks, your only answer is ''oh, that sucks too, that is boring too''. Look, I don't really mind someone calling one of my favorite series bad as long as he gives me a good reason to it, but you're clearly playing a victim card once again.

Again, I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH LACK OF DEATH. I have a problem with Fairy Tail, simple as that. I'll read them as much as I want and I'll complain and shit on them as much as I want. If you disagree with me, fine, just give me a good reason for it instead of ''don't read it if you don't like it''. It's like ignoring my criticism on purpose.

Igneel was very deeply sought out in Natsu's backstory and we saw glimpses of him throughout the manga.

Igneel's efforts clearly impacted the rest of the manga since it hindered Acnologia and lead to his eventual defeat.
    I think Mak means more of a emotional impact. We only new Igneel was important to Natsu we barley learned anything about Igneel him self or how him and Natsu spent time together.

Just because he's integral to Natsu's backstory doesn't really make him integral to the reader. It's not someone we've been around a lot nor was it someone everybody found a great attachment to, like say... Happy, or another punchy member of the crew.

I'd equate it to Peter Parker finding his thought to be long dead dad and then losing him again. Emotional? Sure. For us? Well, we really feel more bad for Peter than we do for us or the dad. The same is with Natsu. We feel bad for Natsu, but it's not like we lost Natsu. Natsu lost something.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
    I think Mak means more of a emotional impact. We only new Igneel was important to Natsu we barley learned anything about Igneel him self or how him and Natsu spent time together.
    We found out that early in the manga

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Just because he's integral to Natsu's backstory doesn't really make him integral to the reader. It's not someone we've been around a lot nor was it someone everybody found a great attachment to, like say... Happy, or another punchy member of the crew.

I'd equate it to Peter Parker finding his thought to be long dead dad and then losing him again. Emotional? Sure. For us? Well, we really feel more bad for Peter than we do for us or the dad. The same is with Natsu. We feel bad for Natsu, but it's not like we lost Natsu. Natsu lost something.
    We found out of things about Igneel early in the manga

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

But that's more of informed backstory to give context to what Natsu's goal is. That doesn't really drive emotional attachment to us the reader.

Going back to Spidey: How many of us were absolutely crushed when we lost Uncle Ben? Because I'm thinking all of maybe nobody. We were informed a lot of Uncle Ben, and even to this day he gets referenced semi-commonly. But nobody really views it as a personal attachment to Ben himself. They view it as an important aspect of Spidey.

Mashima doesnt kill any FT members.
    Ever.

If he did that would add some much needed drama.

We found out that early in the manga

- - - Updated - - -

We found out of things about Igneel early in the manga
    I know but we learnt pretty much nothing about Igneel him self. Only that he was Natsu father figure

We already knew practically everything about him aside from his rise to be a Kiing

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Mashima revealed Gildarts is based off of the author of Hajime no Ippo

- - - Updated - - -

Suck it @Dellinger ;

- - - Updated - - -

Also I forgot Mashima was a GoT Fanboy

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Official art of Natsu and Lucy's Daughter and Gray and Juvia's son

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Grays and juvias looks fine but natsu's and lucy looks kind of weird

not a fan of Nalu's daughter's clothing choice

I AM THROGG! THE TRUE KING IN THE NORTH!!!