Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by barreltheif View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Worse than Bush? Probably.Worse than slavery or the civil war? Probably not, but you might want to keep your fingers crossed. "If we have nuclear weapons, why don't we use them?"
    He is so far from being worse than presiddnt bush. Bish was in office 8 years and sucessfully destroyed the integrity and economy of america.

A solution to what? Obviously, it's good that people have social security, and cutting it would be
    disastrous. The elderly should be able to retire, and disabled people who cannot work shouldn't be left to die.
    I'm not really sure what you're asking.
    "According to a summary of the 2015 Social Security annual report, Social Security’s rate of expenditures have exceeded its income since 2010 — and the government has difficulty paying benefits with no surplus.

It projects that the cash-flow deficit will average about $76 billion between now and 2018 and will continue to climb and worsen as the number of beneficiaries — mostly baby boomers — continues to grow at a faster rate than the number of workers."

Social Security is not sustainable on its current path whether we cut it or not. If we're going to keep it until it's dry, then it should be cut so our generation can put that untaxed money to our own retirement plans, at least.

More life to the Boss Alex D. Boss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaang View Post
    He is so far from being worse than presiddnt bush. Bish was in office 8 years and sucessfully destroyed the integrity and economy of america.
    When I tell people that they're talking out of their ass, I don't mean it literally but more like how much nonsense they talk about a certain topic.

But you are LITERALLY talking out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex D. Boss View Post
    When I tell people that they're talking out of their ass, I don't mean it literally but more like how much nonsense they talk about a certain topic.

But you are LITERALLY talking out of your ass.
    Kaang is right about Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong View Post
    He is, I know. But there is still shit.

Thanks dupe.

Thanks dupe.

Give Trump a fair chance. Bush had 8 years to fuck up America. Trump has only had 2 days. The Republicans in power now also support the same policies that got us into Bush's mess - war in the middle east and enormous tax cuts for the very rich, except now they're much further to the right and even more fact-resistant. Just give it a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    "According to a summary of the 2015 Social Security annual report, Social Security’s rate of expenditures have exceeded its income since 2010 — and the government has difficulty paying benefits with no surplus.
    It projects that the cash-flow deficit will average about $76 billion between now and 2018 and will continue to climb and worsen as the number of beneficiaries — mostly baby boomers — continues to grow at a faster rate than the number of workers." Social Security is not sustainable on its current path whether we cut it or not. If we're going to keep it until it's dry, then it should be cut so our generation can put that untaxed money to our own retirement plans, at least.
    Republicans have been saying this for generations. "We don't have enough money to help the elderly and disabled - only enough to start vastly more expensive wars, cut taxes for billionaires, and purchase enough nuclear weapons to erase our species several times over."
    It might be time to update the playbook.

There's plenty of money, it's just wasted on bullshit government spending and tax breaks for the rich.
    To give you an idea, just by eliminating offshore tax havens (not even actually raising tax rates), the US could pay for universal free college, permanently, and have money left over.
    "What!? Obviously Doflamingo and any other New World saga antagonist can easily beat that Whitebeard pirate with the top hat whose name I forgot, the one who appeared for a few panels at Marineford. Also Barreltheif is my favorite poster on NF." - Eiichiro Oda (SBS)

Republicans have been saying this for generations. "We don't have enough money to help the elderly and disabled - only enough to start vastly more expensive wars, cut taxes for billionaires, and purchase enough nuclear weapons to erase our species several times over."
    It might be time to update the playbook.

There's plenty of money, it's just wasted on bullshit government spending and tax breaks for the rich.
    To give you an idea, just by eliminating offshore tax havens (not even actually raising tax rates), the US could pay for universal free college, permanently, and have money left over.
    None of what you mentioned is going away. So the only practical way for us to see social security is if taxes are increased, or if it's reformed.

None of what you mentioned is going away. So the only practical way for us to see social security is if taxes are increased, or if it's reformed.
    Taxes aren't going to be reformed under the Republicans. Nor is wasteful government spending. They're going to get worse. The only hope for saving SS is for Democrats to clean house in 2018 and 2020. If you're working or middle class and you want to retire, or you get sick, or you're disabled, you're pretty fucked.
    Last edited by barreltheif; Yesterday at 12:37 PM.
    "What!? Obviously Doflamingo and any other New World saga antagonist can easily beat that Whitebeard pirate with the top hat whose name I forgot, the one who appeared for a few panels at Marineford. Also Barreltheif is my favorite poster on NF." - Eiichiro Oda (SBS)

Taxes aren't going to be reformed under the Republicans. Nor is wasteful government spending. They're going to get worse. The only hope for saving SS is for Democrats to clean house in 2018 and 2020. If you're working or middle class and you want to retire, or you get sick, or you're disabled, you're pretty fucked.
    Exactly my point. So I wouldn't mind if SS is cut

Exactly my point. So I wouldn't mind if SS is cut
    Huh? Why wouldn't you? Are you a millionaire with no empathy?

Huh? Why wouldn't you? Are you a millionaire with no empathy?
    I'll go a little slower:

> The broken social security system probably won't be fixed
    > Ergo, I'd rather pay less taxes towards it and not reap its benefits, than more taxes toward it and still not reap its benefits

Oh my fucking God.

Are ALL progressives this stupid and wasteful?

Oh my fucking God.

Throwing more taxes at the problem is like putting a rag on a severed limb.

Privatized Social Security might not be the answer, but there needs to be some reform. We probably won't ever have the same % working population in the first world that we had 50 years ago, ever again.

I'll go a little slower:
    > The broken social security system probably won't be fixed
    > Ergo, I'd rather pay less taxes towards it and not reap its benefits, than more taxes toward it and still not reap its benefits
    You're getting confused. I was saying that cutting SS or allowing its funds to dry up is a bad idea. Same for the various other programs that many Americans would die without - medicare, medicaid, the ACA, etc. Republicans are going to cut them.
    Obviously, if these programs are going to be cut, then it's better if the middle class pays lower taxes. But it would be far better not to cut them.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my fucking God.
    Paying for disabled nonworking people to be able to survive isn't wasteful. Starting unnecessary wars that cost 4-6 trillion dollars is wasteful. Hence why the deficit is always much greater under Republicans than under Democrats.

I don't understand why libtards complain about wars when they had no problem with Hillary potentially starting a war on Russia.

You're getting confused. I was saying that cutting SS or allowing its funds to dry up is a bad idea. Same for the various other programs that many Americans would die without - medicare, medicaid, the ACA, etc. Republicans are going to cut them.
    Obviously, if these programs are going to be cut, then it's better if the middle class pays lower taxes. But it would be far better not to cut them.
    I'm just being pragmatic.

Also, what's wrong with replacing the ACA?

I'm just being pragmatic.
    Also, what's wrong with replacing the ACA?
    Being pragmatic how exactly? The pragmatic thing to do would be to vehemently oppose and vote against anyone who wants to cut SS or healthcare.
    Replacing the ACA would be terrific. Let's get a single payer system and become a first world country.