Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56
  1. #1
    YES - Roundabout Gift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,171

    Toriko Volume Sales (2016)

    This thread will be devoted to tracking the sales of each Toriko volume released for this fiscal year. Keep in mind the fiscal year starts and ends on Nov. (it usually ends around mid way of Nov.). The first Toriko volume released for this year is volume 37 and with this thread I'll be covering each week the volumes get ranked.

    I'm not sure if most of you guys keep up with Toriko volume sales but if you don't. I'll post an archive of the volume sales for 2015. You can use this data as a comparative tool to determine if the sales are improving or not. Pay attention to how many days the rankings have covered if you're going to compare.

    Remember, these sales aren't the end all be all since it just covers the weeks where the volume gets ranked. Here's the archive for 2015 where the volume sales got ranked.

    Toriko Volume Sales for 2015 (4 Volumes were released for the year):

    1.) Volume 33 released on Jan. 5, 2015 (it got ranked for 3 weeks):


    Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

    5. 192,716 *,193,377 Toriko Vol.33 (first 7 days)
    12. *48,718 *,242,095 Toriko Vol.33
    45. *20,948 *,263,043 Toriko Vol.33

    It ended up getting ranked again in May when the top 100 best volumes were released and it ended up selling 322,026 volumes:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...me-2015/.88772

    Vol. 33 sold 336,125 copies at the end of the year (2014/11/17 ~ 2015/11/22)


    2.) Volume 34 released on April 3, 2015 (it got ranked for 3 weeks):

    Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

    6. *,142,424 *,142,424 Toriko Vol.34 (first 3 days)
    11. *95,466 *,237,890 Toriko Vol.34
    41. *26,522 *,264,412 Toriko Vol.34

    Just like with volume 33, it got ranked in the top 100 best selling volumes for the half way mark (May). Obviously, it didn't sell higher than volume 33 because vol. 34 was released later. It sold 299,240 volumes:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...me-2015/.88772

    Vol. 34 sold 331,103 copies at the end of the year (2014/11/17 ~ 2015/11/22)


    3.) Volume 35 released on July 3, 2015 (it got ranked for 3 weeks):

    Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

    4. *,142,908 *,142,908 Toriko Vol.35 (first 3 days)
    4. *90,520 *,233,428 Toriko Vol.35
    29. *27,096 *,260,524 Toriko Vol.35


    At the end of the month of July, volume 35 sold 286,681 volumes:
    http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1417164

    Vol. 35 sold 322,905 copies at the end of the year (2014/11/17 ~ 2015/11/22)


    4.) Volume 36 released on September 4th, 2015 (it got ranked for 4 weeks):

    Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

    5. 111,213 *,111,213 Toriko Vol.36 (first 3 days)
    7. *88,820 *,200,033 Toriko Vol.36
    24. *31,966 *,231,999 Toriko Vol.36
    45. *22,191 *,254,190 Toriko Vol.36


    At the end of the month of September, volume 36 sold 254,190 volumes:
    http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1437077


    Final sales at the end of the year!

    Toriko sold 1,485,595 copies for the year of 2015, ranking it at the #42 spot. Here is the full list of the top 50 selling manga series of 2015:

    Full Year Series Sales
    For the period of 2014/11/17~2015/11/22
    *1 14,102,521 ONE PIECE
    *2 10,304,112 Nanatsu no Taizai (七つの大罪)
    *3 *8,778,048 Shingeki no Kyojin (進撃の巨人)
    *4 *8,605,861 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (暗殺教室)
    *5 *8,569,215 Kingdom (キングダム)
    *6 *6,531,508 Haikyuu!! (ハイキュー!!)
    *7 *4,321,830 Shokugeki no Souma (食戟のソーマ)
    *8 *4,188,158 Terraformars (テラフォーマーズ)
    *9 *4,058,119 Kangoku Gakuen (監獄学園)
    10 *3,758,541 Tokyo Ghoul:re (東京喰種:re)

    11 *3,689,013 One Punch Man (ワンパンマン)
    12 *3,638,637 Ao Haru Ride (アオハライド)
    13 *3,576,177 Tokyo Ghoul (東京喰種)
    14 *3,498,177 NARUTO
    15 *3,472,121 FAIRY TAIL
    16 *3,355,844 Yowamushi Pedal (弱虫ペダル)
    17 *3,199,971 Nisekoi (ニセコイ)
    18 *2,940,024 Diamond no Ace (ダイヤのA)
    19 *2,850,718 Owari no Seraph (終わりのセラフ)
    20 *2,820,526 Magi (マギ)

    21 *2,678,890 BLEACH
    22 *2,735,269 World Trigger (ワールドトリガー)
    23 *2,642,690 Gintama (銀魂)
    24 *2,321,095 Orange
    25 *2,308,421 Detective Conan (名探偵コナン)
    26 *2,304,674 Ore Monogatari!! (俺物語!!)
    27 *2,190,845 Boku no Hero Academia (僕のヒーローアカデミア)
    28 *2,148,504 Hoozuki no Reitetsu (鬼灯の冷徹)
    29 *1,979,421 3-gatsu no Lion (3月のライオン)
    30 *1,957,229 Kuroshitsuji

    31 *1,951,562 Arslan Senki (アルスラーン戦記)
    32 *1,914,804 Kekkai Sensen (血界戦線)
    33 *1,910,959 Kimi ni Todoke (君に届け)
    34 *1,774,767 Kuroko no Basket (黒子のバスケ)
    35 *1,638,415 Kamisama no Iutoori Ni (神さまの言うとおり 弐)
    36 *1,585,197 JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken (ジョジョの奇妙な冒険)
    37 *1,572,390 Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (四月は君の嘘)
    38 *1,553,787 Himouto! Umaru-chan (干物妹!うまるちゃん)
    39 *1,543,950 Chihayafuru (ちはやふる)
    40 *1,538,205 Baby Steps (ベイビー・ステップ)

    41 *1,538,205 Kou no Dori (コウノドリ)
    42 *1,485,595 Toriko (トリコ)
    43 *1,476,468 Ao no Exorcist (青の祓魔師)
    44 *1,449,761 Akatsuki no Yona (暁のヨナ)
    45 *1,418,820 Kiseijuu (寄生獣)
    46 *1,412,629 Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu. (きょうは会社休みます。)
    47 *1,350,544 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji (オオカミ少女と黒王子)
    48 *1,343,556 Uchuu Kyoudai (宇宙兄弟)
    49 *1,290,316 To LOVE-Ru Darkness (To LOVEる ダークネス)
    50 *1,284,051 Magi Sinbad no Bouken (マギ シンドバッドの冒険)



    Source


    Toriko volume sales for 2016:

    1.) Volume 37 released on December 4th, 2015:

    Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

    7. 118,058 118,058 Toriko Vol.37 (first 3 days)
    9. *91,156 *,209,214 Toriko Vol.37
    34. *27,835 *,237,049 Toriko Vol.37

    At the end of the month, Toriko vol. 37 sold 253,694 copies.
    http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1472555

    At the end of May (half way mark), Toriko vol.37 sold 306,914 copies.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-2016/.102637


    2.) Volume 38 released on March 4th, 2016:

    Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

    7. 110,262 110,262 Toriko Vol.38 (first 3 days)
    12. *85,444 195,706 Toriko Vol.38
    39. *28,952 224,658 Toriko Vol.38

    At the end of the month, Toriko vol.38 sold 250,083 copies.

    At the end of May (half way mark), Toriko vol.38 sold 269,365 copies.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-2016/.102637


    3.) Volume 39 released on June 3rd, 2016:

    Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

    10. 106,180 *,106,180 Toriko Vol.39 (first 3 days)
    12. *76,032 182,212 Toriko Vol.39
    35. *24,994 *,207,206 Toriko Vol.39



    Last edited by Gift; 06-22-2016 at 09:06 PM.


  2. #2
    Red Hero Rax, The Infinite Hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    46,248
    Where's the number of total sales?

  3. #3
    YES - Roundabout Gift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where's the number of total sales?
    No one knows the exact amount since the series still sells volumes when it's not ranked. It should be around top 35 for 2015. According to this doc., it's ranked at #37 for 2015:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1549866658


  4. #4
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    17,152
    Thanks for this thread, it's nice to stay updated with the numbers. Stickied it.

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  5. #5
    YES - Roundabout Gift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for this thread, it's nice to stay updated with the numbers. Stickied it.
    No problem! Yeah, I'll admit it's pretty fun to follow the sales for this series :P It did better than it's previous volume for the first three days but it didn't do as well as the rest of the volumes for 2015 did during their first three days.

    I was hoping the latest volume to sell around 140k for it's first three days seeing how it covers chapters 331-340. Hopefully it'll pick up the slack next week.


  6. #6
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    17,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No problem! Yeah, I'll admit it's pretty fun to follow the sales for this series :P It did better than it's previous volume for the first three days but it didn't do as well as the rest of the volumes for 2015 did during their first three days.

    I was hoping the latest volume to sell around 140k for it's first three days seeing how it covers chapters 331-340. Hopefully it'll pick up the slack next week.
    Could you add the numbers in the thread, I can imagine some people don't feel like pressing all those links being sent to god knows where not knowing what they are getting into.

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  7. #7
    YES - Roundabout Gift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could you add the numbers in the thread, I can imagine some people don't feel like pressing all those links being sent to god knows where not knowing what they are getting into.
    How is it now?


  8. #8
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    17,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is it now?
    It's nice, what's the difference between the first and the latter number?

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  9. #9
    YES - Roundabout Gift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's nice, what's the difference between the first and the latter number?
    First number is the copies sold during that week and latter is cumulative sales. It says so on the top. I guess it would be easier to read and less of a mess if I color code the numbers, what do you say?


  10. #10
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    17,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First number is the copies sold during that week and latter is cumulative sales. It says so on the top. I guess it would be easier to read and less of a mess if I color code the numbers, what do you say?
    Ohh I see.. sure go ahead.

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  11. #11
    So does this mean Toriko is actually doing around the same or better compared to last year ?

  12. #12
    YES - Roundabout Gift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So does this mean Toriko is actually doing around the same or better compared to last year ?
    It's doing better than it's previous volume but it's really nothing to brag about since it's still doing worse than the PAIR arc. The PAIR arc sold well IMO. I hope the NEWS arc brings it back to the same number of sales when it was at the PAIR arc. Maybe Zebra's badassery might help the sales.

    I updated the sales for this week.
    Last edited by Gift; 12-17-2015 at 05:18 AM.


  13. #13
    This is one of the best threads ever in the Toriko section. Nice way to keep track of how well toriko is doing and wether or not its pushing them volumes.

  14. #14
    YES - Roundabout Gift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,171
    The third week of vol. 37 has been updated. This will be the last week where the volume will get ranked. The sales declined around 30k compared to the volumes that covered the PAIR arc.

    Good news that it did better than the previous volume, however, I think the previous volume was released during a slow month.
    Last edited by Gift; 12-24-2015 at 12:56 AM.


  15. #15
    Dragon Butterfly Douluo Rong Nianbing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    34,988
    So the sales dropped?




    God of Emotions (1st Class God)


  16. #16
    YES - Roundabout Gift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the sales dropped?
    Pretty much. I think the previous volume was released during a slow month, which explains why it got ranked for 4 weeks as oppose to 3 weeks like how all of the other volumes did.

    It's weird, I didn't expect the drop to occur with this volume since it covered the madness of chapters 335-342. Shima may step up his game even more with 2016, hopefully. I don't expect a rise in volume sales till we get to the NEWS arc but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Gift; 12-24-2015 at 04:37 AM.


  17. #17
    Banned Bethany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    92
    Good info, never wondered about the sales. Keep up the good work.

  18. #18
    YES - Roundabout Gift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,171
    I updated the sales for the latest volume again. Toriko vol. 37 sold 253k copies at the end of the month.


  19. #19
    YES - Roundabout Gift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax, The Hero Of The End View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where's the number of total sales?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for this thread, it's nice to stay updated with the numbers. Stickied it.
    Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So does this mean Toriko is actually doing around the same or better compared to last year ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Slime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is one of the best threads ever in the Toriko section. Nice way to keep track of how well toriko is doing and wether or not its pushing them volumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodborne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the sales dropped?
    Volume 38 sales were just updated (covering the first 3 days). It dropped nearly 8k for now but let's wait till we see a more accurate number like the end of the month sales.

    Tag whoever you want here. I'm surprised not many people are commenting for something important.


  20. #20
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    17,152
    Egh, I still need to buy volumes. I haven't done so in a while.

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •