Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Always doing it better Nikamara's Avatar
    This is arguably the best ongoing Jump series. The art is really fantastic and every time I read it I get hungry. The main character is exceptionally charismatic and good at what he does. His rivals are equally talented and interesting. The ecchi is pointless but hilarious. The ecchi scenes are mostly from people stripping as they orgasm from eating delicious food XDDDDDDDD And I really appreciate that this happens to men as often if not more than it happens to the women. The cooking battles and challenges never feel repetitive. It has a really good plot. Super funny, supper original. The pacing is great. Character development is great. I command you to read it!

@Void; read this post.

Repped

Don't be a party pooper, it's not perfect but it's a great start.

I know you're happy a new guy that loves SnS joined but to say its the best ongoing series atm is stretching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take one look at my sig and you know it's quality.
    Your sig has certainly given me a newfound respect for the series.

You don't read NnT?

Whats nnt?

And nika and crispi where the people who convinced me to start this. So of course she is great*-*

Nanatsu no Taizai or Seven Deadly Sins

@Kirito; I don't know if Nikamara reads OP or other Jump series but stretching it? Hardly, how many Jump series do you actually read? SnS is picking up again and has been rather consistently good throughout its entire span, even with the Azami shenanigans holding it down. Only a few other series can beat that, OP among them but back to my first sentence.

OP, Kingdom, NnT, and Toriko are the main ones.

SnS have it limits as a fanservice cooking manga imo

Kingdom and NnT are not Jump series in the strictest sense, Kingdom is Weekly Young Jump with the Seinen label while NnT is in Weekly Shonen Magazine.

- - - Updated - - -

The latter is Kodansha publishing while Jump series are Shueisha.

Man, all these different manga magazines.

Peace.

Always doing it better Nikamara's Avatar
    I was strictly talking about Weekly Shounen Jump. And I think it depends on what you enjoy on a weekly basis / how you read manga. ^-^7 Think of my statement as a (very) personal opinion XD. For many ongoing series, like One Piece, I usually let it pile up before I read because honestly the pacing is bad ._. It took 2 YEARS to finish the last arc <.< whereas before it would take about 1. I find that you get a more fulfilling feeling by reading it volume by volume instead of chapter by chapter. In fact, I think the only Jump comics I'm reading week by week are Haikyuu and SNS, oh and HxH when it's not on hiatus XDDDDDD. Everything else I'm reading (OP, Toriko, Nisekoi,, and Black Clover) I just let pile up. They don't give me to urge to read ravenously. I think a great weekly series should make me want to read it week by week.

I don't read Bleach (because I've never liked it), don't like Gintama *finds rock to hide under for when the lynchers come*, and I don't think I'm reading any other ongoing Jump comics atm.

Nika vs. Crispy Assassin Game! Sign Up to play NOW!

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

I started watching this anime recently thanks to GP's recommendation on the Toriko thread. I initially thought it would be shit but I found myself 6 episodes deep after several hours. The ecchi might rub a few people off the wrong way but it doesn't bother me personally because its done in such a hilarious, over the top fashion. The main character is cool as fuck. He reminds me of Takumi from Initial D in a sense that he's talented and can beat most competitors head to head and is trying to surpass his dad

I'll end up reading it after I'm caught up on the anime
    Last edited by Loki; 11-04-2016 at 10:45 PM.

Will you read it from the beginning or from where you left off?

Do you think its worth a read from the start?

Yes, it doesn't really suffer from a slow start like other series and the art is already superb.