Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Title: The Beauty Hunter
    Summary: Dionysus "Dean" Glaber has always had a thing for beauty. He has always been infatuated with himself, and takes extra time in the grooming process. This means lifting weights, getting manicures and pedicures, wearing nice clothes, and having a good haircut every other week of the month. His ultimate goal in life is to find the most objectively (in his opinion) attractive woman there is.

A week after graduating college and becoming a programmer, Dean teams up with his best friend and fellow (business minded) programmer, Martin Ngo, to develop a computer software called "Void". While Dean himself handles the technical side of the business, Martin handles the entrepreneurial aspect of it.

The purpose of Void is to "animate the lifeless". In other words, you can bring anything that is devoid of life (corpses, statues, and other things that are devoid of life) to become whole once again. The idea of this is controversial at first, as the world of The Beauty Hunter is a God fearing one.

In order to warm other established business moguls up to the idea, they are given the task of finding a Greek statue that is said to be lost in the deep abysses of Italy. The statue is called "Euphoria", and was said to be so beautiful it was sculpted by the Gods themselves. Euphoria is meant to be a test dummy for the Void project.

Dean and Martin then go on an adventure to Italy to find Euphoria and create the perfect wife for Dean himself. However, Martin himself is conflicted in helping Dean accomplish this goal, as he has had a homoerotic man crush for Dean. Eventually the two begin to learn more about themselves and each other as the story goes on.

After stopping by in Rome, Dean's place of origin, he meets and introduces his parents to Martin and hides his reasons for being back. It is here that we learn that Dean has always had a passion for beauty and even experimented with his sexuality when he was younger. His mother, Adalina, said that Dean would always try on her underwear, and would always say odd things. Examples of this include when her son revealed that if he had a sister, he would try to keep her all to himself.

His father, Dionysus Sr, is a lawyer who doesn't seem to have much in common with his son. He is a humble and selfless man who is committed to his wife, and loves his son despite his flamboyant personality. It is to the point that he sends him to America in hopes that he can attain a sufficient higher education and assumes that due to the high rise of tech companies such as Google, Dean will also accomplish and create something as esteemed as Google or Facebook.

When Dean and Martin accidentally reveal their real reasons for being here, they are condemned to no end by Adalina and Dionysus Sr, saying that the statue of Euphoria was merely a legend and that they should never come back. However, in secret they know the legend to be true, and in truth don't want them to find it because they have it and only want it for themselves.

They then request that Dean and his friend go back to the US, since they won't have any luck. All is well until they follow the parents to a desert in nearby Tuscany. The story then turns into a war of who will be the true owner of Euphoria.

At first sight, Dean is an overly flamboyant man. He displays several narcissistic tendencies. The most prominent displays of this in the story are him taking several pictures of himself in a row to see which one is best, always puts his well being before the needs of others, and doesn't care much for anything but his company, Void. On a second glance, we see that his business relationship with his partner, Martin, as well as his parents are all things that make him a dynamic character. Martin himself serves as a morality pet, even though it might seem like Dean only uses him to help further his marketing agenda. As the story progresses, Dean goes from a narcissistic but well intentioned and crafty beauty hunter to a someone with good intentions and good acts as well as a humble person who wants to use the Void project for good.

Martin, the deuteragonist, is a foil to Dean. He is a caring, loving, hard working man who wants to use the Void project for good and to help bring back his dead sisters. However, he is more flawed than he seems. He is a depressed and insecure individual who finds it hard to be happy in life, despite his many reasons to be. He was an athlete in high school who showed a lot of promise and was being sought after by the Chicago Bulls. Aside from programming and persuading people into agreeing with his ideas, he also showed much promise in art and was a success with women. The death of his younger sisters created a trauma in the young boy that he hopes to get back. His only source of happiness these days is being with Dean, which later turns into infatuation.

Quote Originally Posted by Millennium Creed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Title: The Beauty Hunter
    Summary: Dionysus "Dean" Glaber has always had a thing for beauty. He has always been infatuated with himself, and takes extra time in the grooming process. This means lifting weights, getting manicures and pedicures, wearing nice clothes, and having a good haircut every other week of the month. His ultimate goal in life is to find the most objectively (in his opinion) attractive woman there is.

A week after graduating college and becoming a programmer, Dean teams up with his best friend and fellow (business minded) programmer, Martin Ngo, to develop a computer software called "Void". While Dean himself handles the technical side of the business, Martin handles the entrepreneurial aspect of it.

The purpose of Void is to "animate the lifeless". In other words, you can bring anything that is devoid of life (corpses, statues, and other things that are devoid of life) to become whole once again. The idea of this is controversial at first, as the world of The Beauty Hunter is a God fearing one.

In order to warm other established business moguls up to the idea, they are given the task of finding a Greek statue that is said to be lost in the deep abysses of Italy. The statue is called "Euphoria", and was said to be so beautiful it was sculpted by the Gods themselves. Euphoria is meant to be a test dummy for the Void project.

Dean and Martin then go on an adventure to Italy to find Euphoria and create the perfect wife for Dean himself. However, Martin himself is conflicted in helping Dean accomplish this goal, as he has had a homoerotic man crush for Dean. Eventually the two begin to learn more about themselves and each other as the story goes on.

After stopping by in Rome, Dean's place of origin, he meets and introduces his parents to Martin and hides his reasons for being back. It is here that we learn that Dean has always had a passion for beauty and even experimented with his sexuality when he was younger. His mother, Adalina, said that Dean would always try on her underwear, and would always say odd things. Examples of this include when her son revealed that if he had a sister, he would try to keep her all to himself.

His father, Dionysus Sr, is a lawyer who doesn't seem to have much in common with his son. He is a humble and selfless man who is committed to his wife, and loves his son despite his flamboyant personality. It is to the point that he sends him to America in hopes that he can attain a sufficient higher education and assumes that due to the high rise of tech companies such as Google, Dean will also accomplish and create something as esteemed as Google or Facebook.

When Dean and Martin accidentally reveal their real reasons for being here, they are condemned to no end by Adalina and Dionysus Sr, saying that the statue of Euphoria was merely a legend and that they should never come back. However, in secret they know the legend to be true, and in truth don't want them to find it because they have it and only want it for themselves.

They then request that Dean and his friend go back to the US, since they won't have any luck. All is well until they follow the parents to a desert in nearby Tuscany. The story then turns into a war of who will be the true owner of Euphoria.

At first sight, Dean is an overly flamboyant man. He displays several narcissistic tendencies. The most prominent displays of this in the story are him taking several pictures of himself in a row to see which one is best, always puts his well being before the needs of others, and doesn't care much for anything but his company, Void. On a second glance, we see that his business relationship with his partner, Martin, as well as his parents are all things that make him a dynamic character. Martin himself serves as a morality pet, even though it might seem like Dean only uses him to help further his marketing agenda. As the story progresses, Dean goes from a narcissistic but well intentioned and crafty beauty hunter to a someone with good intentions and good acts as well as a humble person who wants to use the Void project for good.

Martin, the deuteragonist, is a foil to Dean. He is a caring, loving, hard working man who wants to use the Void project for good and to help bring back his dead sisters. However, he is more flawed than he seems. He is a depressed and insecure individual who finds it hard to be happy in life, despite his many reasons to be. He was an athlete in high school who showed a lot of promise and was being sought after by the Chicago Bulls. Aside from programming and persuading people into agreeing with his ideas, he also showed much promise in art and was a success with women. The death of his younger sisters created a trauma in the young boy that he hopes to get back. His only source of happiness these days is being with Dean, which later turns into infatuation.
    Did MC just write a crispyxvoid fanfiction

Finalbeta's Final Meltdown
    Quote Originally Posted by Finalbeta View Post

And when the moon will be up I will still be on the group and when the sun then will rise I still will surprise. Make me join do it for me I'm a friend of yours please make me fucking join I need it. Too much freaking has been passed and I cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried just in order to join

Please my man please do it for me I need it I need I need it I need this I just need this make me join I fucking need it to continue my NF path from where it ended.

This must happen

Don't stop make it happen make it happen my dream

Don't stop make it happeeeeeennm

Don't stop make it happeeeeeeeeen

I just need so for my life you have to fucking do it please help me

I will do good I will do indeed good give me trust for once my man please I know you can do it? Of course you can. Please your heart is filled in kindness and I know that so help me I need it. I need your love I need your help and this is all the fuck I can prove to you please accept me in the group. Accept me at least once. Please.

I figured if no one else they would appreciate it.

I appreciate it MC, keep doing what you do

And when the moon will be up I will still be on the group and when the sun then will rise I still will surprise. Make me join do it for me I'm a friend of yours please make me fucking join I need it. Too much freaking has been passed and I cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried just in order to join

Please my man please do it for me I need it I need I need it I need this I just need this make me join I fucking need it to continue my NF path from where it ended.

This must happen

I will do good I will do indeed good give me trust for once my man please I know you can do it? Of course you can. Please your heart is filled in kindness and I know that so help me I need it. I need your love I need your help and this is all the fuck I can prove to you please accept me in the group. Accept me at least once. Please.

Was it a good read?

Was it a good read?
    Yes it was, had me rolling a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by King Alaboi View Post
    Yes it was, had me rolling a few times.
    Which parts?

Was it a good read?
    Certainly interesting

Crispy lifting weights though

or him getting a haircut

And the parents being antagonists seems kinda inconsistent with their character descriptions

This must happen

I mostly wrote this off the top of my head, so I didn't really give much second thought.

Though I guess a theme could be, "appearances deceive".

wtf MC?

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Wow, that was the opposite reaction of what I was expecting.

Oh yeah well ... that's what you get for making me question my sexuality!

I thought it was a good read. I know the dashes of homosexuality were probably random but it was for humorous purposes and it's not like I got all graphic. Plus you and Crispy DO have an OTP campaign going on...

Hopefully he appreciates it more.

I think Kusa-kun would be a better female lead deuteragonist.

I'm thinking of making the dad's name Adam in honor of Kusa.

Did you at least like it or think it was well written?

It was an amusing read, just makes me uncomfortable is all.

I'm sorry for your discomfort.

I wonder what Crispy will say.

A rap battle with WILD and an adventure with Void? In one night? Is it Christmas maybe?

I could tell the story didn't have much thought behind but it was absurdly enjoyable regardless.

Euphoria

... Adalina

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    A rap battle with WILD and an adventure with Void? In one night? Is it Christmas maybe?

I could tell the story didn't have much thought behind but it was absurdly enjoyable regardless.

Euphoria

... Adalina
    How could you tell?

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Oh yeah well ... that's what you get for making me question my sexuality!
    If you met me irl I'd be the one to make you question your sexuality