Voting discussion

This thread is for discussing voter activity in the OoB and the voting system itself. Voting always tends to take a back seat to discussion in the priority of the player, since it's not required. Even considering this, however, I think our voter activity has been remarkably low and I want to get it up. Voting is what promotes discussion which is what gives matches posts and attention.

Should there be a change in how we operate around here? I was thinking of assigning a mandatory minimum amount of votes for each player who signs up for a tourney. It might lower the amount signing up but in return there could be an increase in the quantity/quality of discussion in the matches. On the other hand making it a requirement would encourage voting just to meet it instead of discussing your vote.

Thoughts?

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Everything is better than losing because there is only one guy voting.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Sometimes you wont get more then one vote, its just part of the game.

If anything we should make semi's and finals require a minimum vote number

The Indomitable Spirit The Shogun of Shoguns's Avatar
    When is my match up, I want to destroy my next opponent