Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ordeal of Blood R2M1: Ultra vs Franky

Rules:
    1. Vote clearly on the victor. You must state a reason why you feel that team would win. Your vote is voided if: You don't have a reason stated, you have less than 100 posts (unless it is decided differently), and if you don't put I vote for: (Participant Name here) at the end of your post.

2. Only 1 vote allowed. If later you are persuaded by someone and choose to vote for the other person, then only that vote will count.

3. No filler abilities, none period.

4. No character hype, yes Zoro is fucking awesome, but please try and be serious and just go off their skills

5. Experience of fighting WITH or AGAINST character's are in play. (eg Baroque Works pairs, such as Mr 4 and Miss Merry Christmas will work well together).

6. There is no prep time. But your characters have unlimited time before a match where they can discuss strategy and share knowledge etc. But no actions may be taken before a match.

7. The In character Rule
    Characters will do their best to follow a strategy. They will happily attack the enemy (even Sanji will kick a girl if she is the enemy). Characters have no fear (Ussop will not run away). When left with nothing to do and no guidelines, characters will behave incharacter as they would do in the manga.

8. If caught bribing for votes or cheating (making aliases), you will be disqualified from the tournament.

9. Logias are not intangible, they can be hurt by all normal attacks (eg, you don't need water to hurt Crocodile). Zombies character are also the same, they can be hurt with normal attacks, not just salt and fire.

10. A strategy cannot plan for things the characters have no knowledge of. For example, a team cannot plan for Don Kriegs poison if no one on that players team has knowledge of it.

Ultra

You should be very afraid

Blackbeard (Pre-gura, Blackhole range is 50M radius) - 110
    Moria - 25
    Bart - 25
    Pre Zoro- 5
    Rob Lucci - 5
    Current Usopp - 5
    Wiper - 2
    Don Krieg - 1
    Shura - 1
    Miss Merry Christmas - 1

Franky

Team Placeholder

Bartholomew Kuma
    Ivankov
    Franky
    Current Chopper
    Senor Pink
    Current Usopp
    Current Nami
    Blueno
    Daruma
    Mr. 3
    Pell
    Buggy
    Shura
    Miss Merry Christmas

Location rules:

Both teams start out a random distance. Any characters knocked off the island are eliminated automatically.

Distance: Medium (175M)

@Franky;

I'll be posting my strategy later today

might need an extension, but I might be able to post it today

akmost done with strat but got quick obligations, franky would you mind if I extended

I would not at all, do it. I haven't even started mine :jirou

jesus

Prep
    Items will be distributed as well as our knowledge and strategy drilled completely into my teams head.
    Blueno will be given a good chunk of Muggy Balls, as will Usopp
    Senor Pink will be giving a Sleeping Gas Star from Usopp as well as a Breath Dial.
    Daruma will take the Seastone Handcuffs.
    Nami will make sure my team is entirely informed on how this island works, it's layout, and composition. Remember, she's lived here for 2 years training.

Strategy
    First and foremost Kuma will begin charging Ursa Shock and is to throw it at the enemy team as soon as it is ready. He will follow up by carpet bombing them with Paw Cannons, spamming them at the enemy team and focusing on anyone who should be trying to reach my team through all the shit. Kuma will also be firing his mouth lasers whenever he can to add to Radical Beam, trying to use it in intervals with Radical Beam. If he ever sees a chance to charge Ursa Shock a second or third or so on time he will do so and fire it.

Franky will start by firing Radical Beam straight at the enemy team. This should serve two purposes... both the explosion taking out a good chunk of fodder and a massive burst of light ruining any vision the enemy team had. He will continue to fire Radical Beams endlessly. Radical Beams should do a good job of vaporizing any projectiles they throw as well.

Ivankov will be in giant face mode, ready to create a wall of Galaxy Winks to repel anyone trying to reach my team. While he will be focused on this, he will also be doing Adrenaline shots on certain members of my team (which will be mentioned in each players section).

Usopp will be focused on sniping anything Don Krieg or the enemy Usopp fires at my team.

Daruma will dig into the cloud with the seastone handcuffs and his goal here will be to come up under Blackbeard and get his ankles with the cuffs. "Oh but Franky, what about Black Hole?" oh well I'm glad you asked... it doesn't go underground. While this may turn out to be a suicide mission for Daruma, at least he can get the cuffs on him, which severly hampers the enemy team.

Chopper, MC, 3, and Shura will dig underground. Shura will use his Mantra to pinpoint where they are while Mr. 3 will concentrate on using Wax to lockdown any enemy players we come up under. Once someone is caught by this they'll basically be destroyed by Radical Beams and Paw Cannons. Obviously, 3 won't try to lock down anyone we determine he cannot.

Senor Pink will dive into the clouds with the sleeping gas star and he will travel to the enemy team. He will aim for the safest place on their side and lift just his hand to set off the sleeping gas star before heading back underground, where he will look to take out fodder.

Blueno will go into his Air Door once he's at a relative distance from the enemy team and starting chucking Muggy Balls at them from the Air Dimension before retreating back to my team to restock and wait for his cooldowns.

Buggy will sit in Ivankov's hair once again to support him should he have to engage anyone on the enemy team.

Pell and Fuza (Shura's bird) will take Nami into the air who will rain lightning down on the enemy team, focusing on anyone who may come after her.

If ANYONE on my team deems it a necessary strategy they will unleash everything to try and take out the enemy team.

That's basically the gist of it... We carpet bomb them and use sneak attacks from underground and above to kill them.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mind you taking your time though, extend it as far as you need.

@MK Ultra;

Its a 24 hour extension, Doots has until tomorrow this time to submit.

I know I was just letting him know I don't mind how long he needs

Knowledge - All but Iva*
    His knowledge - Most except for Teach

Prep: Take the arm/shoulder armor for krieg, slap a seastone skate on it, attach to Teach's forearm/elbow. That good enough? Well, if not, I'll put the clause here: my team works out an IC solution to how to protect BB against the effects of the skate but still wield it. The collective knowledge and resources of my team should yield some sort of solution. BB also gets his gas mask.

Strat:

- Moria covers fodder with blanket, takes all shadows except MMC. Puts Usopp's shadow in him, puts Zoro/Lucci/Wiper/Kreig/Shura in BB. Teach smacks the Reject Dial.

- MMC throws some breath dials in the blanket, and ties a strong knot around it with Usopp's rope, so the shadowless team is bundled into a sack with enough air to hopefully last the match.

- Doppleman takes Kabuto and takes to the air, with Usopp's sniping Moria can use Doppleman to maneuver around and shoot at the other team while Moria stays comfortably in his position. He'll work his way from the bottom up against Franky's team, abusing the weakest members of the enemy team with current Usopp's strongest explosives/firebirds/Impact Wolf/sleeping star/etc. Doppleman will split into 2 copies of himself; one stays back to snipe the other accompanies BB with a reject in hand. If Moria has difficulty controlling both at once...doppleman can't die, so he can just ignore controlling one and focus on who's more important atm. In the beggining that will probably be sniper Dop but later might be reject Dop.

- Bart spawns a barrier big enough to protect Teach and then some. Teach grabs it and pushes it forward (He can do this, just like it was pushed by other characters against Birdcage) until he's about midway between the position of our teams. Teach will move as fast as possible forward in order to do this (he has soru now), because using a barrier leaves Bart/Moria open. He'll also spawn a blackhole max sized black hole (50M radius) and begin to eat away at the layer of Earth (sitting on top of the cloud) underneath. Teach will remain on the ground level by using geppou even after the ground is eaten away. Once the position is established Bart will recall the barrier and use it to protect him+Moria.

I created some illustrations for what this should look like:

From here Teach will fire 108 cannons or Gaichou for clearing distant fodder. He'll dodge incoming and dangerous range attacks by submerging below ground level into the cloud. With Shura's mantra he will be able to sense the presence of his enemies and know when it's safe to pop in and out to dodge attacks.

This will be his job until Kuma or Ivankov get near or try to make it past him to my team behind me. Kuma will take priority if it's a choice between the two. Teach closes the distance with Kamisori enough so that he can suck him in with DV. Literally all he has to do from there is drop him into the hole underneath, but he'll utilize his seastone and his strength to immobilize and chuck them downwards with enough force to insure they can't recover from the fall.

After Teach takes down one of Kuma/Iva with this method, his next actions will depend on what the other is doing. He'll repeat the takedown method if they're not trying to kill my other team members. If they are, Teach will Kamisori into the cloud under the area where they are while doppleman buddy will approach from behind them. Then Teach will fire a 108 cannon or Gaichou, from directly underneath them. At the same time doppleman will go for the Reject Kill. In case that doesn't work Teach can suck them in through the hole he just broke through.

When that's done, not much else to say besides Teach soloes. He can overwhelm the remaining opponents with his strength but will be wary of any trickery.

What ifs:

Iva + Kuma blitz together? In the event that they both approach at the same time, the situation will be a bit more pressing but I think I can handle it. Not only is Teach's takedown method pretty swift, but by eating up the walkable terrain it forces Iva/Kuma to take a longer way around to get to my team in the back. My team in the back will also try to increase the distance from them while maintaining a proper barrier defense. So Teach should have enough time to take on the other foe before they can put the rest of my team in much danger.

Shadowless fodder are put in danger? Mantra gives Teach awareness of what's happening to my team, too. Therefore if there's any concern about someone undoing the blanket/sack and exposing my fodder to the light, Teach will be aware of the situation and will immediately get back to solid ground in case he loses his shadows.

Teach loses his shadows? Teach will just have to settle without them, and take down whoever out of Iva/Kuma is remaining with Dark Vortex+Seastone combo, keeping them immobilized as he kills them with Blackhole or whatever means work best.

Ursus Shock, Galaxy Wink, Radical Beam? Both Teach and the rest of my team have a pretty solid defense to handle all ranged attacks. A 2-pronged assault on Bart and co. from different directions could be troublesome but for Franky's team to position like that they'll have to get through Teach, first.

Don't think Doppleman can split up like that? Fine, then he snipes and holds the reject dial, and just shoots until it's time for Teach to do his undeground takedown.

They go WAAAAAY around Teach? There's enough room on the island for them to take a detour to get away from Teach's death pit and Dark Vortex, possibly. In this case Teach can reposition and make another blackhole death trap. Or he'll combine Dark Vortex with Soru, using soru to get in the range for DV and then suck them in while running towards the deathtrap so he can "drag" them in.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Franky; @V; @Great Potato;

My strat is up, sorry this took so long. With the extension there should be roughly 31 hours left in the match.

I'll try and get to this soon

Franky sending half his team underground plays perfectly into my strat

The only potential problem I see for my team is the initial range spam. However, while Bart and co do not have the barrier right in front of them in the small window where Teach is pushing it forward, since Teach and the barrier are straight in front of them it would take Franky's team to reposition to actually hit them, and from what I interpret they're pretty stationary and just spamming range right out of the gate. So I should be good.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately it looks like I forgot to include a what if for camping...but I would assume that sorta falls under the "if they're waay out of the way" scenario in my strat.

I'll rebut soon, just got home and wanna eat first

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll rebut soon, just got home and wanna eat first
    Who would win in a fight you or candy

Like in real life?

Probably depends. I'm much more willing to fight dirty but he's a little stronger than me but I also take hits better

Like in real life?

Probably depends. I'm much more willing to fight dirty but he's a little stronger than me but I also take hits better
    Not certain eh?

You'll have all the time you need to duke it out with Candy, once I send you both to hell

Alright so I see several problems with your strategy v mine...

- Taking the shadows of all of your fodder and putting them under the blanket is well and dandy, but it'll take time to do so... I know Moria can do it quickly, but you're not accounting for Ursa Shocking coming at you... Because Bart's Barrier won't save you from Ursa Shock, at least not without a barrier sphere.

As you can see HERE (Paw Cannon) and HERE (Ursa Shock) you can clearly see Kuma's abilities bypassing solid objects and engulfing the targets behind them. One rectangular wall will not save you.

I'd go as far as to say Kuma can get off about 3-4 Ursa Shocks before Teach is anywhere near me, considering how Ursa Shocks will interrupt your movements as is, along with multiple Lasers.

Bartolomeo will just be knocked out with the first one or two Ursas.

-My Usopp is 100% focused on sniping any projectiles from Dopsop.

-My underground team will be all over your sleeping fodder, since we know about Moria. You'll likely need to come back to them. With my Shura also having Mantra they should easily be able to avoid BB. Although, I do think BB will easily avoid Senor Pink.

-You have Blueno raining Muggy Bombs on your from above. There is a high chance this will take out Bart.

-If Bart goes down Teach goes down as well to the sheer level of shit flying at him.

The issue here is Ursas bypass Barriers, Blueno is all over Bart with Muggy Bombs, and my underground team will make you keeping your shadows in tact very difficult.

GG.

Alright so I see several problems with your strategy v mine...

- Taking the shadows of all of your fodder and putting them under the blanket is well and dandy, but it'll take time to do so... I know Moria can do it quickly, but you're not accounting for Ursa Shocking coming at you... Because Bart's Barrier won't save you from Ursa Shock, at least not without a barrier sphere.

As you can see HERE (Paw Cannon) and HERE (Ursa Shock) you can clearly see Kuma's abilities bypassing solid objects and engulfing the targets behind them. One rectangular wall will not save you.

I'd go as far as to say Kuma can get off about 3-4 Ursa Shocks before Teach is anywhere near me, considering how Ursa Shocks will interrupt your movements as is, along with multiple Lasers.

Bartolomeo will just be knocked out with the first one or two Ursas.

-My Usopp is 100% focused on sniping any projectiles from Dopsop.

-My underground team will be all over your sleeping fodder, since we know about Moria. You'll likely need to come back to them. With my Shura also having Mantra they should easily be able to avoid BB. Although, I do think BB will easily avoid Senor Pink.

-You have Blueno raining Muggy Bombs on your from above. There is a high chance this will take out Bart.

-If Bart goes down Teach goes down as well to the sheer level of shit flying at him.

The issue here is Ursas bypass Barriers, Blueno is all over Bart with Muggy Bombs, and my underground team will make you keeping your shadows in tact very difficult.

GG.
    Of course the barrier saves me from Ursus. Why wouldn't it? Ursus is a bubble of rapidly expanding air, so long as I can block the expansion directly in front of my team I'm safe. Some rubble on the ground in TB wouldn't stop it. But Bart's barrier will. King's punch is much, much worse than Ursus shock and Bart blocked that. I'm fine.

Also prep for Ursus shock is looong. You'll be getting off 1-2 at best by the time Teach is all set up.

I'm not sure how your "underground" team can travel through cloud anyway. Teach can geppout, but shouldn't your team just fall through? In any case they meet a swift defeat at the hands of Teach's 108 cannons.

There's nothing that supports Ursus bypassing barriers. You're done

Quote Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
    Not certain eh?

You'll have all the time you need to duke it out with Candy, once I send you both to hell
    We'd probably just make the devil our bitch and use him as a coffee table while we watch Rick and Morty :jirou

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
    Of course the barrier saves me from Ursus. Why wouldn't it? Ursus is a bubble of rapidly expanding air, so long as I can block the expansion directly in front of my team I'm safe. Some rubble on the ground in TB wouldn't stop it. But Bart's barrier will. King's punch is much, much worse than Ursus shock and Bart blocked that. I'm fine.

Also prep for Ursus shock is looong. You'll be getting off 1-2 at best by the time Teach is all set up.

I'm not sure how your "underground" team can travel through cloud anyway. Teach can geppout, but shouldn't your team just fall through? In any case they meet a swift defeat at the hands of Teach's 108 cannons.

There's nothing that supports Ursus bypassing barriers. You're done
    Sir please, easily I can just throw the Ursa behind you and you're fucked.

Not to mention, again, Bart is being pelted with Muggy Balls.

Also, the clouds are of a molecular make-up that makes them solid. It'll be weird, given, but my team should be fine digging through

-So Kuma charges his Ursus shock and launches it, but it crashes against the barrier. This is the most crucial part of the match for me, the one deciding the winner, is if Bartolomeo's barrier is equipped to deal with such an attack. Bartolomeo's barrier is pretty much invincible to straightforward attacks, but the Ursus Shock expands outwards in an omnidirectional blast that covers a very large AoE. Now the blast should collide against the barrier and explode, I suppose I can give Blackbeard some benefit of being safe directly behind it, but at this point I'd say he's at least 25 meters away from his team who are liable to be caught in the blast.

So I'm going to go with my gut and say a 15m x 15m barrier isn't going to stop this.

-If the blast goes off then Ultra's bag of fodder will be caught in it, which is pretty much game over because Teach's battle plan from this point on completely relies on the abilities gained from the shadows.

[Franky]

It feels like an iffy call here, but if Ultra's bag is taken out then so is the rest of his strategy.