Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My main points...

-Hakuba is going to die the moment an instantaneous drug shot hits him in the gut. Iva doesn't even need to react to anything, Kuma will move him at instant speed and with Hakuba focused on NOT Ivankov he'll be hit, no questioned asked.

-Franky's Radical Beam took down a steel reinforced door in Punk Hazard... Pica's stone walls are getting demolished, no questions asked.

-Wapol's prep takes too long and he'll be put out by the explosions and shit.

-Since Hakuba is moving forward Ivankov and Buggy will be perfectly able to escape in time for Ursa and Radical Beam, which will come within seconds of the start and literally blow up Nord's team in the middle of their starting actions.

-My team cleans up theirs after Hakuba dies and they're all severely injured via my carpet bombing

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My main points...

-Hakuba is going to die the moment an instantaneous drug shot hits him in the gut. Iva doesn't even need to react to anything, Kuma will move him at instant speed and with Hakuba focused on NOT Ivankov he'll be hit, no questioned asked.
    why do ppl think Iva can do this

Maybe not die but he's going to be starring in the music video for "Trouble on Dooky Mountain" by Lonely Islan

Thing is, Hakuba can't differentiate friend and foe. If Cavendish goes Hakuba, he cuts down his own team as well.

Nordlegners win because his essay was more organized, and longer.

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Its Nordlending

The reason I didn't commit Pica to full time offense is because without going full giant golem I found his attack quite pitiful. If he went full golem he would be a danger of hurting my allies with his huge fist. Also, if Vergo and my other front fighters are down they definitely would have manage to hurt my main opponents badly, and their ability to avoid Pica would have decreased immensely.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    Its Nordlending

The reason I didn't commit Pica to full time offense is because without going full giant golem I found his attack quite pitiful. If he went full golem he would be a danger of hurting my allies with his huge fist. Also, if Vergo and my other front fighters are down they definitely would have manage to hurt my main opponents badly, and their ability to avoid Pica would have decreased immensely.
    You could have had him pop out of the golem/fortress and attack with his sword at least, though.

anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
    Initial impressions

- Teleporting Iva should work, but prep time for Ursus Shock means that he's going to get ganged up on by the other team before assistance can come. And while people like to get crazy with "Ivankov uses x fatal hormone to commission him out of play", I think the safer assumption is that Cadendish is hampered but not taken out.

- Ursus shock is kind of a null move here since Franky's team isn't immune to friendly fire and Kuma will be near a lot of his own team. Probably effects both teams in equal magnitude.

- Fortress was a good play from Nord, since Pica can keep regenerating Kuma and Franky's ranged attacks won't do too much to his team. But I think he made an error in not letting Pica do anything offensive until the rest of his team is dead, Nord needs all the offense he can get for Iva and Kuma.

- I did laugh at the thought of Nord creating HAC, just for him to be spotted by leaving a trail of shit everywhere

Leaning a little towards Franky but there may have been details I missed
    Voting Franky for reasons stated above.

I have some questions about his send away Ivankov move, because my logic doesn't follow.
    - Either Ivankov teleports, and there will be no momentum, and it will be easy Hakuba/Cavendish to dodge.
    - Or Ivankov gets shot at incredible speed at Cavendish and basically takes him out, but there is nothing to actually stop his incredible momentum and he gets shot away from the battle arena and is basically out of play for the rest of the match.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

I have some questions about his send away Ivankov move, because my logic doesn't follow.
    - Either Ivankov teleports, and there will be no momentum, and it will be easy Hakuba/Cavendish to dodge.
    - Or Ivankov gets shot at incredible speed at Cavendish and basically takes him out, but there is nothing to actually stop his incredible momentum and he gets shot away from the battle arena and is basically out of play for the rest of the match.
    Well Kuma has control over where who he teleports lands so I don't think shooting him out of play is an issue.

But you do make a point that Iva could be potentially avoided, kuma can push him very close to you but there's that paw pad barrier that encompasses whoever he pushes, so he can't be instantly touching you.

Considering Ivankov's punching and movement speed isn't that impressive Cavendish should easily be able to block it, or dodge it before Ivankov can touch him.

This is even more true knowing that Cavendish can turn into Hakuba at command, and actually can do it before even Ivankov arrive.
    Last edited by Nordlending; 08-07-2015 at 09:27 PM.

The big issue if your lack of knowledge on Iva's fruit or Iva's abilities. Don't forget, he is a master of Okama Kenpo and has his own extreme travel and reaction speeds (like when he instantly appeared before his assailant when he was first introduced, the one with the cannon that he turned into a woman).

What I'm trying to point out is saying that Ivankov is weak is ludicrous. Implying that Cavendish can react fast enough to completely dodge his hand (which is basically appearing a centimeter away from his gut) is crazy...

My biggest issue is if Rebecca was able to avoid Hakuba's slash... well Ivankov should be fine IMO. With Hakuba out of commission your team can't keep up with the bombardment of Lasers and Shocks that will simply tear through your stone fortress.

I'm honestly surprised Ivankov is so low on the list, dude has some killer feats and just one jab is enough to severely hamper someone's fighting abilities, not to mention the dude basically created Newkama Kenpo.

So is this match closing in 4 minutes or are you guys' matches longer...?

So is this match closing in 4 minutes or are you guys' matches longer...?
    Nah looks like you win gg

ONWARD!

(this is just a normal tourny, yea?)

ONWARD!

(this is just a normal tourny, yea?)
    yeah

Can't we at least summon some of the other players to actually vote in the match. Having 1 player as judge is kind of sad.

Can't we at least summon some of the other players to actually vote in the match. Having 1 player as judge is kind of sad.
    That kinda sucks yeah. You're free to call in anyone you want to vote. Y'know, as long as you're not telling them to vote for you

That's kind of BS since you know... I only have like 20 posts on this forum... and I already won in the time limit...?

I don't really care either way, but regardless of it being 1-0 it's still 1-0. Call in more voters if you want.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to be a dick but I did put time into making rebut(s) and a strategy, and the time limit was met... could've called in people before the time limit.

That's kind of BS since you know... I only have like 20 posts on this forum... and I already won in the time limit...?

I don't really care either way, but regardless of it being 1-0 it's still 1-0. Call in more voters if you want.
    Alright, I'll allow an extension

Up to you guys to get people in here, can't overextend.

-Kuma launches Ivankov towards Cavendish. First off, I don't think Ivankov will be able to combine this with an attack because he's moving faster than he himself can react. This move is countered by Nord's Hakuba transforming off the bat, I don't think Kuma is precise enough to tag him, so he'll miss his mark and hit where Hakuba was previously standing (with his team) and Hakuba will already be on his way over to the opposing team by the time Ivankov bounces up.
    -Ivankov is instructed to keep his focus on Cavendish while Vergo is instructed to combat any opponents who crash near his team. After Ivankov's failed attack Vergo will begin his attack and Ivankov will be at a disadvantage since his focus is elsewhere. Buggy makes no difference against Vergo.
    -The Ursus shock goes off well with nobody focused on Kuma, but Ivankov will be at the other base so he will sustain some damage and Buggy will be knocked out. The fortress won't be up in time and isn't equipped for the Ursus Shock though, so Absalom, and Robin will likely be taken out, but Shogun armor should allow Wapol to survive.
    -Franky's team is too focused on their offensive that Hakuba can slip in and do his thing, Mr. 3 won't get his wax up in time. He'll lose most of his team since they haven't departed yet. Mr. 3, MMC, Daruma, Nami, Pell, Shura, and Jump Point Chopper will be quickly cleared. Franky will be focusing his efforts on bombarding Pica's tower, which will leave himself open for the backslash. Usopp and Blueno were quick to take off, so I'll throw them a bone and say they should be safe.
    -I don't think Blueno's gloves will be enough to hold seastone, those things should work through a thin layer of clothes. He's also biting off more than he can chew. Robin's lost in the Ursus Shock anyways, so Blueno's priority is dealt with, next order of business is cuffing those over 20 points (Vergo and Cavendish don't even have fruits so attempting this is suicide even if he could use the fruit). Pica won't let a lone Blueno do any damage to him, and picking a fight with any of Nord's remaining team will result in his loss.
    -Hakuba coming back to help Vergo will be the clinch the victory against Ivankov down.
    -From here I just see Nord taking the match. Vergo, Hakuba, and Pica are still in good condition and all Franky has left is a healthy Kuma and Usopp. Kuma will go beserk mode once Ivankov is down, which will put an end to Franky and Wapol (who should still be kicking do to Pica maintaining the defensive walls uninterrupted), while Vergo can take out Usopp's bird with help of Geppou.

[Nord]