Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ordeal of Blood R1M2: Franky vs Nord

Rules:
    1. Vote clearly on the victor. You must state a reason why you feel that team would win. Your vote is voided if: You don't have a reason stated, you have less than 100 posts (unless it is decided differently), and if you don't put I vote for: (Participant Name here) at the end of your post.

2. Only 1 vote allowed. If later you are persuaded by someone and choose to vote for the other person, then only that vote will count.

3. No filler abilities, none period.

4. No character hype, yes Zoro is fucking awesome, but please try and be serious and just go off their skills

5. Experience of fighting WITH or AGAINST character's are in play. (eg Baroque Works pairs, such as Mr 4 and Miss Merry Christmas will work well together).

6. There is no prep time. But your characters have unlimited time before a match where they can discuss strategy and share knowledge etc. But no actions may be taken before a match.

7. The In character Rule
    Characters will do their best to follow a strategy. They will happily attack the enemy (even Sanji will kick a girl if she is the enemy). Characters have no fear (Ussop will not run away). When left with nothing to do and no guidelines, characters will behave incharacter as they would do in the manga.

8. If caught bribing for votes or cheating (making aliases), you will be disqualified from the tournament.

9. Logias are not intangible, they can be hurt by all normal attacks (eg, you don't need water to hurt Crocodile). Zombies character are also the same, they can be hurt with normal attacks, not just salt and fire.

10. A strategy cannot plan for things the characters have no knowledge of. For example, a team cannot plan for Don Kriegs poison if no one on that players team has knowledge of it.

Nord

[Lord Nord]

60 Vergo
    50 Pica
    40 Cavendish (Unlimited?)
    10 Senior Pink
    15 Franky
    2 Pre skip Robin
    2 Absalom
    1 Wapol

Franky

Team Placeholder

Bartholomew Kuma
    Ivankov
    Franky
    Current Chopper
    Senor Pink
    Current Usopp
    Current Nami
    Blueno
    Daruma
    Mr. 3
    Pell
    Buggy
    Shura
    Miss Merry Christmas

Location rules:

Teams start a random distance on opposite ends of the town square with the execution platform in between.

Distance: Short (100M)
    Los: Yes

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Is my opponent here, and how much time do I have before I have to post?

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Ive heard this Franky guy is pretty good Nordallukline

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ive heard this Franky guy is pretty good Nordallukline
    Its Nordlending

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    Is my opponent here, and how much time do I have before I have to post?
    2 days
    @Franky;

checking in. Going to post a strategy once Candy and I are done playing League and shit.

If you want you can PM me or MK Ultra your strats

I'm fine posting it.

I'm not really of the mindset that he can stop my team anyway.

Also, will Hakuba attack his team?

Nope he has full control

Cool that's all I needed to know.

Mine

Vergo - Senor Pink should know him well enough to know his strength at least
    Pica - Full
    Cavendish - Close to full, maybe not fully on Hakuba (although Franky was in the Coliseum stands for that fight)
    Senior Pink - Full
    Franky - Full
    Pre skip Robin - Full
    Absalom - Full
    Wapol - Full

His

Bartholomew Kuma - Full
    Ivankov - None
    Franky - Full
    Current Chopper - Full
    Senor Pink - Full
    Current Usopp - Full
    Current Nami - Full
    Blueno - Full
    Daruma - Full
    Mr. 3 - None
    Pell - Full
    Buggy - None
    Shura - None
    Miss Merry Christmas - None
    Prep

Blueno (assuming his gloves will prevent direct contact) will take Usopp's Seastone Handcuffs And a Muggy Ball. Senior Pink will be given an Impact Dial from Usopp. My team shares all knowledge and develops a system of code words to hasten our communication throughout the fight

Usopp will be given a supply of Muggy Balls to rain down from the air. I'm sure we can make more prefight if we need to prepare them.

Buggy will hide inside Ivankov's hair, much like Inazuma during the war.

Strategy

The opening move is for Kuma (with Buggy in Iva's hair) to repel Ivankov at top speed at Cavendish. This is a nigh instant teleportation. I fully intend Ivankov to crash, fingers first, into Cavendish and for him to fuck the hell out of him with Hormones. I want him out of the picture, like explosive shits out of the picture. Immediately after Ivankov will wink away as Kuma's Ursa Shock comes crashing into the middle of Nord's team, effectively KO'ing all of his team save for Franky, Senor Pink and Vergo, all of which should be injured as well.

Until departing Mr. 3 is to protect my team with super thick wax, should the enemy team throw anything our way that he can stop.

Franky is to fire his Laser at the enemy team along with Ursa Shock.

During this time Nami is to use thunderbolt tempo to shock the fuck out of Franky, over and over again. I want Nord's Franky dead.

Ivankov will reengage the moment the Ursa Shock takes it toll, aiming to get hormones into Vergo and thereby ruining him. He is free to use any of his abilities to keep himself safe and to kill.

Buggy will knot his feet inside Ivankov's wig and will Bara Bara Festival all around Iva (among other moves) to take out or impede Nord's team. He is free to use his Muggy Balls so long as he doesn't fuck over Iva.

Kuma will be supporting from ranged with his spammable Pressure Cannons. If Ivankov goes down he will begin spamming Ursa Shock while retreating. He is also free to use his mouth lasers

Senior Pink, Daruma, MMC, and Mr. 3 will head under ground (into the ground for pink). They will continue tunneling and use the earth to jump the enemy team or to hold them down for a finishing blow with Wax or brute force (pink).

Chopper will engage via Jumping Point and slam down on them with Monster Point and start fucking them up. Chopper is also free to shrink down in emergencies should he need to.

Usopp will board Shura's bird and take to the skies and provide ranged support however he sees best. Especially those good ol' Muggy Balls.

Nami will board Pell and take to the skies and provide ranged support however she sees best.

Blueno is to Geppou/Soru around the battlefield, taking out straglers and looking for a chance to tag Pika's body with the Sea Stone Handcuffs. He is free to use the Air Door at his leisure to get a killing blow or the cuffs on anyone of Nord's members that cost more than 20 points, but he won't waste it other than that unless he needs it to save his life. His first act of business is to Shigan Robin in the temple.

Franky will continue to fire ranged support, especially using his air cannons or radical beams to disrupt Pica's Golems.

Note: Should Cavendish still be up after an INSTANTANEOUS drug shot, Ivankov will be focused on him, along with Usopp's ranged Support, and the support of the underground squad.

Note: If worse comes then Usopp and Nami will never descend but eventually kill them from the skies.

That's basically it. We aim to overwhelm them with our supperior numbers and superrior character quality and the "Divide and Conquer" strategy. The biggest thing to note here is the sheer volume of shit coming at Nord's team. Without someone like Bartolomeo they're going to basically be carpet bombed, and no one on that team has the speed feats necessary to avoid it save for Cavendish, but we're killing him right away anyway so oh well.

The Indomitable Spirit The Shogun of Shoguns's Avatar

Sick strategy

My knowledge of their team:
    Bartholomew Kuma – Know about his devil fruit, and that he is a cyborg.
    Ivankov - None
    Franky - Full
    Current Chopper - Full
    Senor Pink - Full
    Current Usopp - Full
    Current Nami - Full
    Blueno - Full
    Daruma - Full
    Mr. 3 - full
    Pell - Full
    Buggy - None
    Shura - None
    Miss Merry Christmas - Full

Prep: Wapol is given the use of Shogun. They share info about the opponent, and about themselves. Franky upgrades Abaslom’s Bazookas.

Fortress mode* Means Pica will become a fortress that will move the earth to suite the teams needs.

Phase 1: Loading, Loading

All these actions happen simultaneously, Wapol won’t attack before after Hakubas sweep.

- Wapol starts eating the Shogun and turn him self into a more advanced Shogun with full movement. The shogun will start bombarding the area where the opponent is.

- Cavendish will immediately turn into Hakuba and run into the city on the left, before running straight trough the opponent team (No straight obvious path) . The primary targets will be everyone that isn’t Kuma or Ivankov given how we have no information on them. (He will aim for Franky’s back). It will be a quick sweep, and the time to get there will only be a couple of seconds giving how fast Hakuba is. Given how none of them have any Intel on Cavendish/Hakuba, it will throw their team into disorder. After the sweep Hakuba will run back to the team.

- Pica starts creating a fortress and a big himself. The fortress has walls to protect from missiles from Franky, and all other incoming projectile attacks. If he notices any of the opponent teams diggers in his earth he will transport them up to the fortress while shaking the earth they are in making them dizzy. When they come up Vergo will dispose of them. Main focus, defending my team.

- Vergo will run around beating anything that comes close to my team this phase, either by teleportation or actually moving here. Absalom turns invisible and do the same thing. Nico Robin will be protected inside Pica’s earth body at a hidden place where the opponents can’t track her. She will use her power to see where the enemies are and use her arms to clutch anyone she finds. Main focus on tracking people who are hiding, and Pell if he shows up break his neck.

- Franky and Senor Pink will do the same as Vergo and co. Fight enemies that comes into the fortress area. Senor pink and Pica works together to make Pink get the best momentum and make it easier to do the final move he showed against franky in their fight.

Phase 2: Something clever
    All these actions happen simultaneously

- Hakuba runs into Wapols mouth together with Absalom and together they create invisible abomination HAC. HAC has the speed of Hakuba but at the same time can turn invisible. After getting out he will run around the whole area finishing off all the enemies. Main focus will be to kill of Ivankov. He will use all knowledge he got to see from phase 1 and will be in invisible mode the whole time.

- Wapol in shogun mode and armored with the strongest metal will start aiming at Kuma with bullets and weapons that have no area effect. Franky will do the same. The plan is to not let him have to time to set any huge scale attacks.

- Pica will be in stonegiant/fortress mode and will continue to provide defense against all enemies that come into the fortress. He will force up diggers if they appear in my area if they actually survived Hakuba.

- Robin will do the same as last phase. Senor Pink will do the same thing as last phase.

Phase 3: Chase and destroy.
    - HAC will continue to focus Ivankov until he is dead.
    - Vergo will actively start attacking Kuma and focus on destroying him.
    - Pica will stay in fortress mode until Vergo, Hac and Wapol is eliminated. After that he will go into stonegolem mode and start destroying those who are alive on the opponent team.
    - Franky will start chasing Kuma together with Senor Pink if Kuma appears inside the fortress.
    - Robin will do the same as last phase
    - Wapol will aim to destroy Ivankov as long as he is alive.
    Last edited by Nordlending; 08-06-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Initial impressions

- Teleporting Iva should work, but prep time for Ursus Shock means that he's going to get ganged up on by the other team before assistance can come. And while people like to get crazy with "Ivankov uses x fatal hormone to commission him out of play", I think the safer assumption is that Cadendish is hampered but not taken out.

- Ursus shock is kind of a null move here since Franky's team isn't immune to friendly fire and Kuma will be near a lot of his own team. Probably effects both teams in equal magnitude.

- Fortress was a good play from Nord, since Pica can keep regenerating Kuma and Franky's ranged attacks won't do too much to his team. But I think he made an error in not letting Pica do anything offensive until the rest of his team is dead, Nord needs all the offense he can get for Iva and Kuma.

- I did laugh at the thought of Nord creating HAC, just for him to be spotted by leaving a trail of shit everywhere

Leaning a little towards Franky but there may have been details I missed

will rebut after work

This shit is intense

and I love it

@Adhominem; @The Shogun;

I see you on. Give some input on this match and vote

To be honest, I think Nord's strategy is actually quite good against Franky's strategy.

Nord doesn't waste much time, so Franky's prep should been hampered and the fact Hakuba is actively hunting Ivankov should also be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shogun View Post
    To be honest, I think Nord's strategy is actually quite good against Franky's strategy.

Nord doesn't waste much time, so Franky's prep should been hampered and the fact Hakuba is actively hunting Ivankov should also be a factor.
    Hakuba is leaving a trail of shit though, Ivankov can find him and take him out I think

I think I'll probably go with Franky here, Nord's playing too defensively and by throwing only Vergo and Hakuba out to fight, leaving Pica doing almost nothing he's left himself at a disadvantage despite having a fortress to defend himself.