Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Ordeal of Blood R1M1: Ultra vs X

Rules:
    1. Vote clearly on the victor. You must state a reason why you feel that team would win. Your vote is voided if: You don't have a reason stated, you have less than 100 posts (unless it is decided differently), and if you don't put I vote for: (Participant Name here) at the end of your post.

2. Only 1 vote allowed. If later you are persuaded by someone and choose to vote for the other person, then only that vote will count.

3. No filler abilities, none period.

4. No character hype, yes Zoro is fucking awesome, but please try and be serious and just go off their skills

5. Experience of fighting WITH or AGAINST character's are in play. (eg Baroque Works pairs, such as Mr 4 and Miss Merry Christmas will work well together).

6. There is no prep time. But your characters have unlimited time before a match where they can discuss strategy and share knowledge etc. But no actions may be taken before a match.

7. The In character Rule
    Characters will do their best to follow a strategy. They will happily attack the enemy (even Sanji will kick a girl if she is the enemy). Characters have no fear (Ussop will not run away). When left with nothing to do and no guidelines, characters will behave incharacter as they would do in the manga.

8. If caught bribing for votes or cheating (making aliases), you will be disqualified from the tournament.

9. Logias are not intangible, they can be hurt by all normal attacks (eg, you don't need water to hurt Crocodile). Zombies character are also the same, they can be hurt with normal attacks, not just salt and fire.

10. A strategy cannot plan for things the characters have no knowledge of. For example, a team cannot plan for Don Kriegs poison if no one on that players team has knowledge of it.

Ultra

You should be very afraid

Blackbeard (Pre-gura, Blackhole range is 50M radius) - 110
    Moria - 25
    Bart - 25
    Pre Zoro- 5
    Rob Lucci - 5
    Current Usopp - 5
    Wiper - 2
    Don Krieg - 1
    Shura - 1
    Miss Merry Christmas - 1

X

Sainthood Killers

Pica - 50
    Senor Pink - 10
    Luffy - 70
    King Elizabello - 20
    Caesar - 30

Location rules:
    Teams start next to the center lake, parallel to the river. Teams may go to the Frozen Lands, but they are not exempt from camping rules.

Distance: Long (250M)

Retired
    gg X.

Quote Originally Posted by X
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come her and fuck me like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    Why is this even a thead?

Quote Originally Posted by Melmoth the Wanderer View Post
    gg X.

Biased voter already. Your vote shouldn't count.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

My strat:

Knowledge: Almost full except for Pink

Prep: Wiper's Seastone Skate(s) are combined with a glove or something so Blackbeard can use them on others without being effected himself. Could put it on his pants and knee people with it too or something.

Blackbeard receives Kreig's Gas Mask, Zoro's Swords, Usopp's Kabuto, the reject dials, and all the impact dials the team has.

Phase 1: The calm before the storm

All these actions happen simultaniously

- Bart puts up a barrier to protect team

- Teach smacks the Reject dial

- Teach's blanket (the one used on Whitebeard) is thrown on everyone but Teach, Moria, Fuza, and Bart. Moria snips their shadows and inserts them, along with doppleman, into Blackbeard. They'll have breath dials to keep air flowing under the blanket so they can breath, it'll get pretty hot in there but hopefully this match won't last long enough for them to die of heatstroke or something gay. MMC can dig a hole for my team to stay in but only if the underground temperatures are more bearable. She can dig a tunnel as well so they can retreat/dig a discreet airhole somewhere on the field.

- Teach TRANSFOOOOOORMS into Nightmare Teach. Moria uses Doppleman to alter Teach's shape: instantly transforming him from pudgy and round to a leaner and more balanced body shape (Let's say he's a tall Zoro now). Zoro's shadow unlocks 3 sword style, Lucci's shadow makes him a Rokushiki master who can now take to the skies and do all of Lucci's fancy shit. Usopp's Shadow allows him to use Kabuto. Shura's shadow gives him mantra. The other shadows increase his strength marginally. Basically, he's quite the force to be reckoned with now.

If it helps (and works), Moria alters his shadow to give him extra arms so he can hold equipment and pull off multiple techniques much more easily (Ex: 4+ arms will allow him to use 3 sword style and Dark Vortex at the same time).

Phase 2: The storm

- Bart and Moria maintain their position. Their job is to keep Moria alive and those under the blanket safe. As long as that remains constant Teach can continue to kick ass at his leisure. If possible they'll retreat in the opposite direction of X's team to put more distance between them while still keeping up the barrier. They can use Fuza (Shura's bird) to help retreat as well. If they're faced with a threat as lowly as Elizabello or Pink they'll engage them though.

- Teach uses Kamisori to rise high into the sky, a fairly safe distance away from Luffy or Pica below and scouts for the other team. He isn't afraid of any pussy ass attacks from afar. I'm not giving him a strict plan of action to follow, but here's a general guideline:

- Someone trying to attack Bart/Moria? That fool takes priority over all others Teach is going after.

- Sees Elizabello? Replace Impact wolf with REJECT wolf, shoot it out of Kabuto, obliterate him instantly. If that doesn't work, he'll be hard pressed to avoid 108 pound cannon or rokugan. Not a huge priority though since Bart can stop him if he needs to.

- Sees Caesar? A combination of his attacks giving away his location and CoO should make Caesar a cinch to find. Teach will quickly Kamisori until he gets in range to use Dark Vortex. Sucks him in and straight up one-shots him with 1000 worlds or seastone glove. Then retreats back to the vicinity of Bart/Moria. Higher priority because he's a fucker.

- Luffy? This teach can low diff him in the air with superior strength and mobility. If Luffy gets in our grill, he DV's him, dodging, tanking, or deflecting any possible incoming attacks as Teach DV's using Tekkai, Kami-e, 3 sword style, rokugan, the list goes on. The main objective is for teach to grab him, render him immobile with seastone, and then cut his throat. Should be easy to pull off. High priority, highest priority if his team is blitzing.

- Pica? Teach can cut his golem from a distance easily with Rokugan/108 pound cannon if he tries to attack my team. Ideally Teach will just kill the main threats (Luffy/Caesar/Elizabello) and just handle him after. No matter how big he makes his golem Blackhole is a fantastic counter, especially the one Teach used against Ace (still limited to 50m radius though).

- Senor pink? lol.

That's about it. I realize that Teach might not match up so cleanly in 1v1 like this, but none of the characters sans Luffy can interrupt him during his match ups against other characters. And Nightmare Teach really does go through all of X's team quite easily. Say, worst case scenario, Teach takes out Luffy but Pica defeats Moria and Bart, well, a healthy base Teach still GG's.

What if's

Total blitz? Teach fires some 108 cannons and Rokugans to split up their team and halt progress. It really helps that he can scoop up anyone he wants to from a distance before they reach my team.

Gas Shenanigans? If things look bad for Moria/Bart they have breath dials to hold them off for a bit, but Teach can take out Caesar really quickly so hopefully not a huge issue.

Retired
    Pretty interesting. I probably would've picked Shura if I'd known we could use Fuza too.
    Last edited by Crispinianus; 08-05-2015 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melmoth the Wanderer View Post
    Pretty interesting. I probably would've picked Shura if I'd known we could use Fuza too.
    You're free to discuss my strat as long as you do so in
    tags
    Last edited by Millennium Creed; 08-06-2015 at 05:07 AM.

Interesting strategy, I see a flaw or two, but it will be hard to counter unless X reads it beforehand.

I dont think the doppleman altering teachs body will work, we have already been told that the reason why Teach is dangerous with the yami yami is because of the unique structure of his body. That part of the strat should be void

You're telling I have to type all these tl;dr paragraphs?

The Four Emperors

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    I dont think the doppleman altering teachs body will work, we have already been told that the reason why Teach is dangerous with the yami yami is because of the unique structure of his body. That part of the strat should be void
    I fail to see what dots you're connecting here. Perhaps giving him more arm is a stretch but I made that optional. The shape of his body shuold have nothing to do with the...unique aspect of his body. You're telling me teach wouldn't be the same if he lost 20 pounds? There's absolutely no reason to think it wouldn't work imo.

Im really excited for this match

Retired
    X better deliver.

:jirou

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    I agree with your conclusion at least, but for different reasoning. I was going to go into more detail when I placed my vote about why. That said, I don't see it making a big difference in his strategy whether or not Blackbeard is fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    I agree with your conclusion at least, but for different reasoning. I was going to go into more detail when I placed my vote about why. That said, I don't see it making a big difference in his strategy whether or not Blackbeard is fat.
    I thought he'd be better off pulling off rokushiki techniques with a slimmer body but considering cases like Fukurou it shouldn't be a huge issue

Quote Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
    I thought he'd be better off pulling off rokushiki techniques with a slimmer body but considering cases like Fukurou it shouldn't be a huge issue
    Yeah, if you want my stance on the whole shadow manipulation, the extra arms aren't going to work. Moria's abilities can change the shape of the body, but they can't change the actual makeup of it, somewhat like the smudge tool in photoshop or something. While he can make theoretically shape Blackbeard to make him look like he has four arms, his ability's not going to be creating a new humerus or anything that would make his new arms actually functionable. All this really changes in the strategy though is that Teach can't use the swords and Kabuto in unison.

Whether Moria can keep him slim or not I won't concern myself with since I don't think it has an effect on the strategy. Teach being fat shouldn't have trouble pulling off what you assigned him, in fact it may make it easier on him since he's be in a body he's used to. The biggest flaw I see with this part of the strategy is that it seems you've robbed Moria of his doppleman with little benefit in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    Yeah, if you want my stance on the whole shadow manipulation, the extra arms aren't going to work. Moria's abilities can change the shape of the body, but they can't change the actual makeup of it, somewhat like the smudge tool in photoshop or something. While he can make theoretically shape Blackbeard to make him look like he has four arms, his ability's not going to be creating a new humerus or anything that would make his new arms actually functionable. All this really changes in the strategy though is that Teach can't use the swords and Kabuto in unison.

Whether Moria can keep him slim or not I won't concern myself with since I don't think it has an effect on the strategy. Teach being fat shouldn't have trouble pulling off what you assigned him, in fact it may make it easier on him since he's be in a body he's used to. The biggest flaw I see with this part of the strategy is that it seems you've robbed Moria of his doppleman with little benefit in return.
    I was mostly trying to think of a creative way to use shape manipulation after scrapping my original idea. I thought of mimicking the twisting in Luffy's legs to make Teach go G2 when I realized he couldn't maintain it because not rubberman.

who are the admins for the tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by V View Post
    who are the admins for the tournament?
    Me and you pardner :jirou

Are we doing one match at a time?