Thread: road to gehenna

road to gehenna

so i just finished this dlc and im planning to re do it since i skipped all the stars

but i also ignored the terminals offer to join the others in gehenna and now feel like quite the pleb because i had no idea what was going on

needless to say i sacrificed myself to save the others and they didnt even know who i was so it was a pretty sobering ending

has anyone else played through it?

2 years and none of you guys have experienced the talos principle?

It's been sitting in my basket longer than I've been member of this site.

If you like puzzle games. Try the Witness. It's one of the best ones I've ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's been sitting in my basket longer than I've been member of this site.

If you like puzzle games. Try the Witness. It's one of the best ones I've ever played.
    allready played it. i did like it but the lack of story really dosnt do it any favors

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrack View Post
    allready played it. i did like it but the lack of story really dosnt do it any favors
    There is a story there. You can hear it in the audio logs and you can see it in your surroundings. It's just not story driven.

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    There is a story there. You can hear it in the audio logs and you can see it in your surroundings. It's just not story driven.
    you talking about the random film clips that have nothing to do with anything? or the 20 minute ending of a dev spazzing around his office with his super OCD

if there is actully some coherent story then it completly flew over my head

2 years and none of you guys have experienced the talos principle?
    I did.

Its fucking amazing

to anyone urging to ask for the thousandth time, yes the red is intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    I did.

Its fucking amazing
    what did you think about gehenna? the story seems much more direct but i do like the option of ignoring it entirely

still to this day i dont know if i completed a puzzle, or exploited a glitch. im starting to think that its probbly the same thing

you talking about the random film clips that have nothing to do with anything? or the 20 minute ending of a dev spazzing around his office with his super OCD

if there is actully some coherent story then it completly flew over my head
    No I still don't know what those clips meant or why they had to be there, but there is some consistency in what they were saying in the audio logs.

A redditor had this theory about the game.

My theory is that this game has to do with the accomplishments/history of humanity. A person's accomplishments are only meaningful if someone is there to witness them. The audio logs are all quotes from famous people. These quotes become useful to us because we go through the game and look for them; we witness their existence. Also, the statues could represent the vast number of people and their complexity. It's easy to group people into one category. But when we witness what they are all doing, we see that they are all quite unique.
    I believe the game is also trying to show how information will be lost over time. Memories will be forgotten, information will be corrupted, physical artifacts will wither, etc. The statues represent people stuck in time, people who will not be able to perfectly transfer information to the next generation, distorting the accomplishments of the past. When you complete the game (the normal ending), you are shown all of your progress unraveling at the end of the game. Over time, people will forget who you are and the things you have done. Finally, at the end of the final cutscene, you end up where you started. If no one is there to witness that something happened, then it is almost as if nothing ever happened at all.