Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not a bad game, by any means.
    No, it's total garbage. Re-skinned Farcry, with added SJW flavor.

Last edited by Big Boss; 03-08-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    I've just gotten passed my first meeting with the Crocs. The sidequests in this game are on W3 level some even better, maybe not completely narrative wise, but the surprises and the encounters are amazing.

And I'm addicted to photomode. I spend far to much time on that thing.

CPR loves GG's game? Real recognize real
    how far are you bud?
    Every story needs a good old-fashioned villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    how far are you bud?
    According to the stats I've got about 25% left in total. I spend so much time exploring every nook and cranny. Have you collected the vantage points? Seeing what the world used to be and what it is now.

No man, I'm just seeing you as very enthralled by this game to get red pilled. It's not a bad game, by any means, just that the hamfisted way the plot is handled to push an agenda turns me off very hard. Reviewers even call this a "Feminist Action Game" and the main villain made bad robots for what reason?

I can't believe you dismissed the middle school tier writing above. Journos talking shit about politicians is one thing, but a politician talking like a high school girl is another. "I totally want a museum for the refugees because it's literally good for them." And I'm supposed to take the story seriously why?

It's my fault I bought into the hype so hard. The reviews also reek of propaganda. Like what the hell is "the wokest game about robot dinosaurs" even mean? You barely even fight them compared to humans.
    I thought we were over this

Not even close. If the game felt like it was forcing down sjw beliefs down my throat, but I still enjoyed the game I would have said so. There is no reason for me to lie about it. The same reviewers that called Bioshock Infinite, Okami and Metroid for sexist, and called RE5 racist calls this game "Feminist Action Game"? Since when did their opinion on political correctness ever matter? They lost that fight with Gamergate, and are trying so hard to find a AAA game that represent their ideas of how a game should deal with genders and ethnicity. Mirrors Edge failed to meet expectations so they cling on whatevers next big thing without looking like they are contradicting themselves, again!

But you can make an equally big case of why this game is misogynistic. Especially if you use their logic.

We can talk about the writing, and the story once I complete it.

Only use reviews to see what the game contains. They are just 1-2 persons opinion. But yeah everyone likes when games they love score good, and no I don't know what game you've been playing or should I say watch? But I've killed more than 10 times as many machines as I have humans.

Zutto zutto zutto zutto Makenzye's Avatar
    Wut?

Why is this game "SJW bait"? Because of female protagonist?
    Not everyone who works hard is rewarded! However, all those who succeed have worked hard!

Don't bite Mak!

Don't bite Mak!
    I'm just confused by it. lol I've heard it come up once or twice, but I've never really seen anybody go into why so I was sort of curious.
    Not everyone who works hard is rewarded! However, all those who succeed have worked hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    I'm just confused by it. lol
    The sjw are trying to make a claim to this game, and the red pills who don't like the game for different reasons are trying to push it into that direction. It's better to leave it as it is. @Gold is a cool guy who has been blinded by these cretins.

The sjw are trying to make a claim to this game, and the red pills who don't like the game for different reasons are trying to push it into that direction. It's better to leave it as it is. @Gold is a cool guy who has been blinded by these cretins.
    That sounds tedious af.

According to the stats I've got about 25% left in total. I spend so much time exploring every nook and cranny. Have you collected the vantage points? Seeing what the world used to be and what it is now.

Do you know about Gaia yet?

Do you know about Gaia yet?
    Not enough!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    That sounds tedious af.
    It is.

Meh I'll just stop. @Ink Spot said I was a cool guy so I'll keep to myself about this game from now on

Meh I'll just stop. @Ink Spot said I was a cool guy so I'll keep to myself about this game from now on
    You've always been. And no please do share when you actually get around to play the game what is bad about it, and if you don't mind what is good about it. Stop this hearsay from shitty gamesites and people who hate just for the sake of hate.

You've always been. And no please do share when you actually get around to play the game what is bad about it, and if you don't mind what is good about it. Stop this hearsay from shitty gamesites and people who hate just for the sake of hate.
    40 hours in. Gonna play Zelda after I finish HZD. Real life is a bitch.

Looks really good for starters. Aloy is a very well written character, though I still don't like the messianic complex the people treat her with. The bots are the best part of the game, like almost every one is a threat. Mines are a godsend, crafting them when I get the chance. However, this leads me to my second complaint: I'm forced to play as a stealth archer for the nth time. Sniper Elite, Watchdogs, GTA 5, Uncharted, Skyrim, etc. Like my dude Smoove says, "Playing stealthy is healthy." Mines are kinda eh late game though. The mounts are a nice change from the ubiquitous horse. Other characters I liked were Rost, Nil, maybe Fia.

The sidequests are alright, nothing special but nothing bad either. Main quest however...hoo boy. Seems like the hearsay got it right and I still don't like it, especially the ending. I actually came across the leak of the ending way back about a week before release, and the dude was a playtester who basically got everything right. The HZD subreddit was quick to say it was a hoax but when you get to the end, he was telling the truth. So I was disappointed...if it wasn't for how much the story dwelt on Aloy's character growth I would've been thoroughly disinterested.

The melee combat is barebones like the hearsay said, and the enemy soldiers are as retarded as I remember them from the stream. They do their part if you go in guns blazing 420 but if you play it stealthy and go to the back of the back, let's just say even WoW does it better in enemy encampments. The boss fight was also a little disappointing, reminds me of assaulting a Torbjorn in Overwatch lmao.

But the world reminds me of Witcher 3 but without the awful main quest gating. You're only limited by your gear. There's several vistas and towns that look downright gorgeous. The photo mode is kinda a lie though, since when you go up a mountain and it's foggy, turn it on and the fog is gone.

All in all, I liked HZD's world, characters, story, side quests, and early game combat. Mods were unfulfilling and the friendly AI was a bitch to control. Late game was a wash especially if you crafted like someone with OCD. 8.5/10, it does what it sets out to do.

@Gold;

Finally.

Glad you enjoyed it. I guess we're still going to have to disagree on the sjw stuff, but that's fine. And I completely agree with the character growth of Aloy being one of the more attractive sides to the story. This game was a journey.

The melee combat being lacking was shown completely from the start, E3? It was quite obvious that the pokestick would be only for critical/stealth hits and hacking from the start. Sometimes I might use it to slap down a sawtooth or two, but that's only if I don't want to waste wires on them. It is a hunting game after all, and it makes sense where almost half the creatures are the size of elephants that you play it stealthy and ranged.

The world is beautiful it has to be the prettiest open world game I have ever played. Every photomode is a lie, but that editing.

If you put down 40+ hours into a game, and score it that high. It's hard to call it a waste, no?

We're getting story related dlc!

This is only the beginning of Aloy's story and our exploration of the world of Horizon Zero Dawn, with the team already hard at work on an expansion to the story," stated Guerrilla Managing Director Hermen Hulst.

Can I shut up Sylens once and for all?

Can I shut up Sylens once and for all?

That motherfucker.

But he playes such a cool guy in John Wick.