Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Falahak yuhu...

Adviser
    Here I am giving mini reviews of some quality films and you guys contribute by posting garbage.

You watch way too many movies

Adviser
    Lol, nah. I watch more than normal but some people watch like 6-8 a week.

Adviser
    Rope

Definitely one of Hitchcock's weakest. I do like certain aspects of this film that set it apart from others, such as the minute attention to detail and how the whole movie is pretty much one big scene taking place in an apartment. It centers around 2 boys who believe themselves to be intellectually superior and commit the "perfect murder" and set clues for their guests they invite. Some of the plot I felt was almost sort of a cop out, and there were flaws. It was still enjoyable though.

6.5/10.

Adviser
    Once Upon A Time In The West

Now this is the western I'm talking about. Great characters, superb visuals, and a very interesting soundtrack. The two opposite leads, Frank and Harmonica, are shrouded in mystery. Sergio Leone does a great job with little dialogue and the visuals and expressions telling all the story. And of course, the final battle was pretty epic in itself. The film did drag a bit after the first 90 or so minutes, and some things about this film were slightly confusing. One thing in particular was just way too subtly implied and it felt really weird when it happened, but still, a solid film and a solid western.

7.5/10.

I finally got around to watching Ferris Bueller's day off, and it's a pretty damn good movie.

I easily give it an 8/10

Adviser
    The Wrestler

Beautiful. One of the best sports drama films I have ever seen; if not the best. Rourke plays this wrestler who is past his prime and just not physically fit to wrestle. He tries to live some sort of a life outside the ring, but after many heartbreaking scenarios, simply cannot. He makes it back to the ring, and you can't help but feel incredibly sorry for the man. I have mixed feelings about the vague ending. On one hand, the ending could have been superb and would have wrapped the movie so nicely that the score I give would be higher. Or they could have ended it on a dull note, although I cannot fathom how. I cannot deny that this picture felt incomplete though.

But what it also felt was downright brutal and honest. And that life can be cruel, even for men who seem larger than life. He goes back to the ring, saying that this is the place where people love him and this is life to him, even if it is highly dangerous. What makes this film especially emotional is that the character was given hope, and you could really feel for him, only to see it absolutely ripped apart in front of him.

Well I am rambling too much about this. It's an 8.5/10.
    Last edited by Z; 02-11-2012 at 05:42 AM.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Journey 2

It's an OK movie, a little too cliche in places. I had to try to like the jokes as well...

Not exactly a review but I'll give it a 6/10

Adviser
    Amadeus

Very deep. As a film it practically blows you away. Abraham steals the show as Antonio Salieri, a music composer who has to settle for mediocrity because Mozart's natural genius defeats him. Salieri as portrayed in this film is one of my favorite movie characters of all time, and he is very complex. This film does not mess around, and even though this film was 3 hours, none of it was wasted. Almost every scene had real depth to it that hit the themes all the way down to the final bits. The acting is marvelous, although the American accent did put me off a little. It is minor though. I wouldn't classify Salieri as a villain though like many people do, nor would I of Mozart. They have way too much depth to be classified as that. Speaking of Mozart, that laugh of his is iconic.

This film gets an 8/10.

Im gonna keep saying this cause Im shocked really, you watch too many movies Z

It was a pretty good movie. I like seeing a movie that goes more in depth about the dangers of giving superpowers to your average abused kid. The choppy transitions and the movie taking place from the perspective of different camera's was a pretty cool effect. It's also neat to actually see their progress with their powers.

8/10

Adviser
    Quote Originally Posted by V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im gonna keep saying this cause Im shocked really, you watch too many movies Z
    I like watching movies lol.

why do you watch movies I've never heard of

He has free time

Adviser
    Quote Originally Posted by Fecal Excrement View Post
    why do you watch movies I've never heard of
    You lack cinematic knowledge.

He has free time
    I do have free time on lots of days but that's because I excel at time management. For example, on days like Wednesday, I barely do anything fun related and it's just school and homework. So my other days could be free of all that crap.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

He has free time
    Z, this guys says you lack a life...

You need to give me some of those skills, my time management is fucking terrible at times

Adviser
    You need to give me some of those skills, my time management is fucking terrible at times
    Yeah it happens. You just gotta fight off that laziness lol.

zzzzzzzzzzz ok